Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

New server for APN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Ok well we had a lot of problem with the old server as you can see in the "APN glitches" thread, so i decided to move to a new host since our old webhost didnt provide any help, and phpbb.com forum moderators are fucking big idiots who accuse us of running an illegal website....

So i didn't really have the choice, i purchased a 3 year agreement with a new webhost. What's cool is that this new webhost is running 100% on green energy and all the servers are powered with solar and wind energy... Pretty much unique on the webhosting market. That's what conviced me.

If you are seeing this it's because the new webhost is working for you. Other members may have to wait around 24hours until they can see the change.

All messages posted since 24-48h are lost. If you posted something important you can still view the forum on the old webhost here:
    http://www.pirate-punk.net/anarchopunk
    So just copy and paste what you posted recently and add it to the forum.

So the problems SHOULD be gone for now. If this is not the case, please report it. Also please report it if you come across any bugs. Maybe there is still database errors laying around because i didnt configure everything.

Also, i would like to have feedback on the server speed. I think it is slower than our other webhost. Maybe we will have to upgrade to a better agreement with more space and more bandwidth... for more money.

If you want to help us, make a donation or buy a tshirt. It will be appreciated, especially at this moment!

Note: downloads will be back. We closed them just to get some help from PHPBB moderators but those fucking assholes didnt help us even after we took down our NON-ILLEGAL download section. Fucking assholes keep deleting my threads politely asking for help and they dont even give a reason. Fucking idiots who doesnt even consider people innocent until proven guilty. Fuck them. Phpbb is the worst forum software ever. Vbulletin cost us 400 euros per website we are running it on (so far 3 websites) but its worth it. Fuck phpbb and fuck phpbb moderators.

2. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

we make an anarcho-collectivist 'zine called NU-zine six times a year, still printed on paper and we reached the limits of recycling paper production, printing and distribution via bookshops and info-events.
    so we consider to go "online" with the 'zine.
    can i ask you how to contact this unique webhost - please PM me, the hosts name/web address would be fine!

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Its a little slow, but I have a feeling that will improve... lets give it a few weeks ;)

4. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yes its very slow... I dont like the new server...

And sometimes i get this error when too many people visit the forum:

5. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Well we might need a better server because today our website was suspended as it was using too much ressources. I had to desactivate the left menu to lower the server load...