Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

"We're Suicidal Tendencies, and we charge $20 a show!"

Discussion in 'North America & Pacific Region' started by Corporate Deathburger, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Corporate Deathburger

Corporate Deathburger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

Suicidal Tendencies and Poison Idea this Saturday at the Roseland. 20 fucking dollars.

Now, Poison Idea would be worth it, but S.T.? No fucking way.

2. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

:lmao: I can understand that old bands like ignorant, biafra or someone sales ticket for 20 dollars. they need money for familiy ( yea right)

but this is one big lol. dont go ? i mean, punk aint about making money, and if they are singing in a place that is expensive ( i mean, if it sales expensive tickets) its stupid, becouse generaly punks dont have money ( oke, some of them dont, but punk is always compared with poor idiots)

3. Corporate Deathburger

Sep 29, 2010

I'm definantly not going. I could go to 4 underground shows (with maybe even MDC playing) for what that costs.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't get mad, but it just bums me out when I get reminded about how exploited and sold out punk has got.

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Suicidal Tendencies are way overrated, and from what i have seen their crew (Suicidals) are fucking morons who act like gang members and who are friend with FSU (Friends stand united, a straight edge crew acting like fascists and beating up everyone different)

They should just get a job. Punk is not a job.

5. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Just like Nofx!They were here in Croatia about month ago and they were charging 180KN(near 30$)for idiotism and their capitalist cock rock

6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hahahaha all those high charging bands can suck it! Raw Power half way around the planet from home for free on a Monday night!

[​IMG]

also playing around town tonight Star Fucking Hipsters and The Melvins......
    and by the way, go fuck yourself Mikey Suicidal, love as always,.....Mar

7. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

it wasnt just for them. there were pasi and fat president playing . and also we got free camping for 2 days, water, sleeping place, secutirty, doctors and everything we need. Im not defending nofx, they were good, but they arent anymore. and Fat Mikes punkvoter is a fail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punkvoter) and it leads nowhere. They have turned into a conservatives, but they represent themselves as a punk. I think they have played on warped tour ( not sure !).
    @ungovrn.
    I have many frineds who claim that earing money in punk isnt "selling out" that if they have good music why shouldnt they earn money on it. Always compering Crass and The Clash, becouse crass is like we know against the clash. But many punks think crass is stupid, becouse they had bad music ( not talking about lyrics, but about music as music), so they couldnt sell out. They had to write songs against goood bands, to become famous.
    this made me laugh :lmao:

And about the "free concert". How to make a free concert when you need money to organize, to pay the club and stuff? :/

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    We do it all the time, bands play free because the club gets packed, they sell vinyl, t-shirts, and patches, the bar makes a ton of money from everyone drinking and shares some with the band. Promoters use money from other shows to promote..it's not that complicated. Shouldn't have to pay a club, and you need to organize a place where you can have free shows for all ages as well. If this isn't happening then someone is getting rich and it's bullshit!

9. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    why would u want to see a shitty metal band anyways?

10. Corporate Deathburger

Sep 29, 2010

I never said I wanted to see Suicidal Tendencies, I wanted to see Poison Idea. They're always amazing live.
    And they weren't always metal, their first album was actually decent. Then they turned gangster and stupid.

11. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

I know, i told bands like Amebix, Kylesa, GBH, Misery Index and Cro-Mags to fuck themselves because those bands allow venues to charge 20 to 30 dollars to see them play too.

If they were all playing together for 20 to 30 then maybe, but they have all played around me seperately with 1 or 2 locals, for 20 plus dollars. Amebix being 30.

12. Corporate Deathburger

Sep 29, 2010

My friend dished out that 30 dollars to see Amebix when they came to Portland.
    He cried because he thought they were so amazing, but it probably should have been that amazing for 30 bucks.

But then again, he cried at The Misfits too when he saw Jerry Only. So it's not saying much.

...He's very emotional. :lmao:

13. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

Well, its not so expensive here. I usually go on concerts becouse i used to listen to someone and then i will feel sorry if I dont go. But Im doing that anymore. I realized its stupid to suport someon who isnt what everyone think he is. Like Graves from The Misfits is coming to my town. shit, misfits are conservative shit. They were so-so when danzing was singing. but now :ecouteurs:

14. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Stop bitching, last time NOFX played out here (Oz) tickets were AUS $75, thats about $74 now that the Oz dollar is more or less on parity with the US dollar. Not saying all of it whet to the capitalistic, scum-sucking, POS band but if I could see a band for $20 I would be over the moon. BTW I didn't go to the NOFX gig because I don't like them or their music, but I had a mate go and he told me the price of the tickets. However, watching bands from the local scene, normally I can see two, three or four for about a $10-$15 cover charge.

15. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

everyone is bitching but you all still download amebix , so quit bitching , yeah it sux youd probally do the same if you were in there shoes , like from start to know , how many fucking bands still hold our ideals , just wondering, not shit talking.?..?.

16. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    First of all can you find a better fucking word than 'bitching' Nodz and disfuck, unless misogyny is something you like to project at others. You are entitled to throw your money at whatever you want, that is entirely your decision. But if you call yourself an anarchist, anti-capitalist, DIY band, never mind the punk part, and you then completely reverse your rhetoric with for profit capitalism, then I and many others like me will call bullshit. You go ahead and accept it if you want, I'm sure they'll appreciate your money. And as far as stereotyping the members of this forum by saying we all download Amebix and we'd do the same if in their shoes... buy a clue because you've obviously lost the one you had at some point.

17. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Sorry, did not mean to demean anyone.
    I can understand people's view of not wanting to pay what is considered a high entry fee of $20.
    What I meant was that you think you've got it rough by paying $20 consider us here in Oz where the same bands seem to charge mega bucks for the same show. Admittedly there are perhaps increased overheads, cos the band has to travel further etc but it does not seem to compute/compare.
    I don't accept the price that they ask and I didn't go to their gig.
    I was also saying that I can see a local gig for a $10 cover charge that is usually at least three bands
    I went to see a mate's band here in Melbourne, the crappy venue did not promote or advertise the gig. The audience was about seven friends. We payed the $5 cover charge, of which the venue took half, purely so our mates in a five piece band could get $3.40 each. Didn't even cover petrol for the 35 miles to get there. Us attending the gig tripled the attendence of the venue for the night.

18. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    how about the yiddish word "kvetching"?

19. Wooly

Wooly Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 24, 2010

GBH were charging $49 for their show here in Melbourne...

I dont like punk rock THAT much... :ecouteurs:

20. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I like punk rock that much, I just don't like rich people, and people exploiting me out of my money to make a profit off punk that much.

I was never a huge fan of ST. I used to like to listen to them when I skated back when I used to skate, but that's because their music was so good to get you amped up to go shred.

Listen to "Go Skate" and tell me is doesn't make you want to go charge a bowl, or a stair set now, depending on whether your preference is street or vert.