Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Revolution

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Wooly, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

This is not so much a question of violence, but rather, as you note, one of whether you isolate yrself from society (as with the RAF) or operate and act within yr community (say EZLN, CNT militias or December 2008 Greek riots for example). The RAF, FARC, Weather Underground, Bonnot Gang, 'black blocs' on occasions, et al, are examples of isolationist revolutionary groupings, which are inherently elitist, hence why they are mostly Marxist-Leninist or organise along those lines and are thus not only ineffective but also not really a true reflection of anarchist praxis insofar as they operate 'above' the class rather than from within it. So yeah, its not really a question of violence more of the praxis of those who engage (or don't) in it.

Anywayz, the date for the revolution has been set for 20th August this year, get ready. ;) :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :anarchism:

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Damn, the revolution will happen same day as my birthday. Nice!

4. Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather

Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather Active Member Forum Member

Jun 16, 2010

Well, before any revolution can take place, there has to be unity and organization, so we have to know what we want in a post-revolution society before a revolution, otherwise the revolution would fail and we´d be disorganized and a civil war would ensue. We would also need numbers to take down the system. I also think we should all read the Art of War.

5. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Can't get much better birthday presents than that, eh? :D

6. Imjustassickasyoubelieve

Imjustassickasyoubelieve Member Forum Member

Jan 6, 2013

Well the consensus (hope i spelled that right :D ) seems to be that violence will be necessary, which i completely agree. Do you think the government and police are going to think twice before resorting to violence if their power is threatened, no they will defend their ill gotten empire with everything they have. The final revolution will require a huge amount of organization and millions dedicated to the cause. I think once it starts the reality of whats happening combined with our message will be enough to wake up a lot of people, but what would we do in the face of the US military? Sure they wouldn't bring out the really big guns (nukes and the like) but they have more than sufficient weapons and tech, some of which is likely far beyond anything the public knows about, to crush any kind of resistance in a matter of weeks. I would like to hear some of your ideas on how a revolution could be successful when they have such a colossal advantage?

7. PoshyX

PoshyX Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 17, 2012
     United States
    i read in the original anarchist cookbook that the best way for revolutionary militias to acquire arms and other armaments and provisions would be from the opposing forces themselves. through these means, we would have a virtually infinite supply of weapons. naturally, this stuff would be under heavy guard, but it'd be worth a shot. that makes sense to me. nonetheless there are tons of countries that have it in for the u.s.a., so asking them for weapons is something to possibly consider.
    so in response to your post, if we manage to steal anything from the u.s. army, we'd essentially be using their own tools against them. i realize it's probably not that simple by any means, but it's just an idea.