Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Anarcho-onion

Discussion in 'D.I.Y. - Creative section' started by dwtcos, Apr 26, 2010.

1. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Alrighty, I've been thinking of starting something similar to the mock-news group "The Onion" ( http://www.theonion.com if you've never heard of it). The articles and pictures and whatnot would be written in a very similar style, except they would be more appealing to anarchists then the onion (don't get me wrong I love the onion). If any one would like to tell me that this is stupid please do so now so I don't waste any more time on this, but if any one thinks it sounds intriguing and would like to help me get it started please give me a shout out to! Remember its supposed to be comedic (anarchists should definitely be able to laugh at themselves) for example, my first idea for an article came to me last night when I was sewing some patches on to my pants, it will be entitled "Local Anarchist Spends More Time Worrying About How Sewing Will Turn Out, Less Time Worrying About Revolution" :D

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :lmao:
    fuckin brilliant, do it! Creativity is always good no matter the initial results.

3. Libero-mente

Libero-mente Active Member Forum Member

Dec 24, 2009

Yeah man sounds like a cool concept, and the pilot couldn't be more true in some cases. :ecouteurs:

4. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

Sounds awesome, man. Can't wait to see it.

5. Mandi

Mandi Active Member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Fuck ya, sounds amazing, let me know if you need any help

6. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Awesome idea! :ecouteurs:

7. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

I would love to contribute to that, i have so many satirical articles you could write about. Good idea man.

It'd be funny if you had a section on "as seen on tv!" or with anarchists "as seen in an anarchists sleeping bag!" and have like spray-on dirt and bedazzler articles haha!

8. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

I love The Onion, seems like a nice idea if not a bit demoralizing. But go ahead, it should give some nice laughs. :)

9. stinagen

stinagen Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 6, 2009

i love the idea we do need to laugh at ourselves

10. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

Great idea :lmao:
    I'd be happy to contribute if you need the help

11. dwtcos

Oct 22, 2009

Well I'm glad that thee have been so many enthusiastic responses :D anyvone with an idea should tell me soon because I'm definitely going to try to put this together soon (hopefully there will be a June issue) and I don't want it to be a one man project at all.

12. dwtcos

Oct 22, 2009

Not to double bump my own topic but there were a few more things I thought I'd mention. I'm not quite sure what to call it. Some ideas pertaining to that would be dandy. I'm also trying to make some fictional collumns. My first idea for one would be "Stabby's Corner" Stabby would be an American train hopper, not one of the nice ones, one of the ones who gives good train hoppers a bad name (self entitled, elitist, junkie) just your typical squattheplanet.com doucher. To oppose his lifestylism we would have "Stans Plans" Stan is a bald 34 year old man with glasses who opposes all forms of lifestyle anarchism and spends 24 hours a day referrencing one period of Spanish history and ranting about the importance of syndicalism. The way I'm trying to make this project is so that it will make fun of modern day anarchists rather then anarchism. I want anarchists of all types to read it and go "Oh shit. Their talking about me!".

13. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    totally do it, but don't call it the anarcho-onion. think of an original name so it doesn't sound like your piggybacking on them.

14. super_phun_tyme

super_phun_tyme Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 1, 2010

I think for now you should set up a blog and if it catches on move to bigger and better things.

15. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

16. shakey_Jake

shakey_Jake Active Member Uploader Forum Member

Jun 7, 2010

Hey i like your idea, i've had similar thoughts in the past about doing some sort of anarchist perspective satire.

for more research on satire you should check out Chris Morris's 'Brass Eye' and 'The Day Today'

you can watch Brass Eye at this link http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bras ... e/series-1