Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Propagandhi - Similar Artists?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Probe, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

Does anyone know any artists that are similar to Propagandhi? I'm looking for fast-paced, Melodic,political bands. I did check in the Biography section but that had bands that I already knew so maybe you guys know more?
    thanks

(I know I'm being really picky but I would also prefer if the music was high quality, not the really low quality stuff)

2. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Well, maybe Nofx. I have seen them live, they were pretty good. Its not anarcho at all. and they sing against hippies :( but, they have some good songs. They are street, melodic punk rock or something like that. Songs like "Dont call me white" "Kill all the white man" "Murder the guvernment" "The Brews" and "Seeing Double at The Triple Rock" are probably the best ones, but also try others. Againt, sorry its not anarcho music, but they are good.

3. Corporate Deathburger

Corporate Deathburger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 29, 2010

Uhmm... I don't think NOFX should ever be talked about on this forum. No offense. But they're sell-out shitty morons who need to stop exploiting punk.

Try Contravene. And maybe Conflict.

(Btw, no offense again to you Bakica, I just despise NOFX with a total and complete passion.)

4. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

oke, no problem, I can understand if you say they are sell outs, i think they have some good ideas that might be useful. Nofx is a melodic punk band, nothing to do with anarchy. I must disagree with you about Nofx "exploiting punk"..many bands do that, and nofx isnt new to punk, so yeah, my opinion is that they are not shitty band, but also they are not as good as they could be. And they are first melodic punk that came to my mind. But yeah, i agree with that they shouldnt be considered as politic-punk.

5. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

im not a fa of proagahndi. and i dont think they are at all liek contravene at all. they sound alot like nofx by their sounds and what not. but they sing about differnt stuff. i just dont liek the sound of the singing. i dont know its is to soft for me maybe

6. jjk3546

jjk3546 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 29, 2010

Strike Anywhere. For sure. They're kinda polished and less heavy than (last three albums) Propagandhi. But they're fast, political, and melodic.

7. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    try good riddance, same label as propagandhi, they originally started out melodic and evolved into a more hardcore sound. Also some good political lyrics, though also some more personal ones.try their first 2 albums, for god and country, and a comprehensive guide to modern rebellion. good stuff.

8. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

What? You haven't been listening to their lyrics then.

9. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    there is already a thread here on NOFX so please don't start another debate about them on this one.

10. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

I will try not to but this forum has the power of the off-topic debate! For centuries this power was merely a legend but once this forum was created, the power of the off-topic debate was finally revealed. Even more frightening than once thought! :o

11. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

Look, im going off topic now, fat mike created punkvoter. I dont care if he talks about politics, but im against voting in this system, becouse we cant help by voting for someone. Same shit, i mean.

12. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    I always thought Against All Authority and early Propagandhi went well together.

13. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    you talk about nofx until you throat is sore IF YOU USE THE PROPER THREAD.

14. Phaedrus

Phaedrus Member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2010

Propagandhi are very much political. Vegan-Anarchists. The early albums are less so, but the last three (Todays Empires Tomorrows Ashes, Potemkin City Limits and Supporting Caste) are very polticially motivated. Those who haven't checked out these should do :)

Aside from that, I really struggle to think of a band that are similar to Propagandhi, agreed, the early stuff sounds like NoFX, but certainly not the later stuff.

15. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member New Member

May 15, 2010

Awesome thread man! Propagandhi is one of the best and last TRUE anarcho punk bands; by that I mean people who have embraced anarchist philosophy IN THEIR HEART, not because it looks cool (Californian punk).

Anyway, whoever compared Propagandhi to NOFX is quite possibly one of the biggest retards on the face of the Earth and should be banned from this website. NOFX is one of the lamest, atypical, digressive "punk" bands on the planet. They are truly the equivalent of "jock punk" that Jello warned everyone about. If you don't believe me then you'd see they stand for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but the disgusting excess of Californian deuchbags who think they are the shit and stand for punk culture.

To ACTUALLY answer the question though I have to agree with the guy who listed Strike Anywhere; I absolutely agree that they are the closest band in style and substance that is around; afterall they did tour with them last year when I saw them for a nice $15 bucks.

Phaedrus I have to disagree with you when you say the first three albums weren't political and sound like NOFX.

1) Their early albums ARE COMPLETELY ANARCHIST, ESPECIALLY THEIR FIRST ALBUM!!!!!! Their later albums are LESS anarchist and more story/spiritual oriented than outright straight political, but they are almost always about certain world events.

2)Their early stuff was FAR MORE HARDCORE and METAL oriented, as they have always been influenced by.

In any case I'm very excited to see A TRUE ANARCHIST (ANARCHIST IN THEIR HEARTS) band getting the attention they deserve.

16. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

You mean their NEW stuff right? I think their new albums are far more metal sounding than their early stuff :)

17. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member New Member

May 15, 2010

It depends on how you look at it. The older stuff had more "90's type punk sounds", BUT, if you read up on the band you'd see that their band listing called for a "thrash/prog" band than a punk rock band. Their sound matured than I would ever say was a genre change, but this doesn't really matter anyway.

Def check out

Strike Anywhere

Unfortunately, I can't really think of too many bands out there that are much closer.

18. luca89

luca89 Active Member Forum Member

Dec 27, 2011

Hi maybe you may take a look to AUTHORITY ZERO

19. cybergod

cybergod Active Member Forum Member

Dec 26, 2011

wow 15 is alot more than i have ever seen them for but I do live in virginia