Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Stencil art

Discussion in 'D.I.Y. - Creative section' started by shane fernie, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Veganarchy

Veganarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 10, 2009

Re: stencil help

Did you make you stencil just out of paper? Because then the paint will soak into the paper, and fuck up your shirt. What I do is that I laminate the paper-print of the stencil, and the cut it out. If you don't have a machine for this, you can just glue the paper-print on another piece of laminated paper, or other kinds of thin plastic.

Before i got my machine, I use to steal safety instruction-sheets from trains :ecouteurs:

Maybe you should try to make some pre-printings on old fabric first, untill you are completely sure about what your are doing, so you dont end up ruining more T-shirts ;)

Also, it is better to use as little ink as possible, and instead apply more layers, coz if the layer is to thick it will also soak into the fabric.

One last thing. When you cut out the stencil, try to use both hands. One for controling the knife, and the other one to move the paper a bit to follow the cutting edge, while you are cutting. It is more easy to move the paper in the right direction, than it is to move the knife firmly. Also, remember not to hold the knife like a pencil, but instead hold the knife more towards your closed palm, so you sort of place your hand on top of the "back" of the knife. It is a technique that gives you more controle of the knife, and you are able to apply more pressure on the cutting. It is allmost like cutting out a steak (soy, of cause) :D

I hope you can use this, and good luck with your T-shirts!

2. FantomMunze

FantomMunze Member New Member

Jul 27, 2010

3. FantomMunze

FantomMunze Member New Member

Jul 27, 2010

shave = sew xDD i dont speak english good enough, sorry

4. antifa1970

antifa1970 Member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2010

It doesnt matter how it turns out, art is art for the artist. My advice, use some old shirts you dont mind ruining and just play around with it till you have the desired effect then use the technique on the good shirt. Good to see some good ole D.I.Y. still going strong! Good luck or since this thread is kinda old....I hope it turned out well

5. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

i forgot to post finished product. im pretty down how it came out. im making a weird face but you should be looking at the shirt lol :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

6. Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather

Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather Active Member Forum Member

Jun 16, 2010

Can anyone tell me what kind of paint and paintbrush i should use to make patches?

7. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

I find that normal painting for fabric that you can find in any hobby shop is fine. If you want to make it on fake leather, leather jackets or such, use acrylic paint.

A sponge is often better than a brush i find, it gives a smoother and more consistent layer of paint. A sponge like those you can roll (like you use for painting walls) are especially good. But that's just my opinion

8. Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather

Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather Active Member Forum Member

Jun 16, 2010

what about for making a stencil?

9. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    JAVIER READ THIS WHOLE THREAD FROM THE BEGINNING THERE ARE TONS OF SUGGESTIONS AND LINKS TO SITES THAT WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO you need and then some...sorry 'bout the all caps

10. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Currently doing my vest. I'm using the freezer paper idea on stencilpunks.org. It works very well. It does give you very crisp lines, with little or no bleed. Just have to get the ironing part write so that i) you don't melt the plastic to the denim ii) you get all the stencil to stick down properly, especially round the fiddly fine details.
    I'm using white screen printing ink. Once all artwork is completed, I will heat set the ink.
    Currently have Amebix, Doom, Phobia and Broken Bones artwork, all in white
    Going to add some anti-capitalist, anti-facist and some aharchist art but going to try and use different ink colours, red and black for starters.
    Once done, will be time to stud and spike it :)

11. kidd

kidd Member New Member

Aug 19, 2010

stencilpunks.org

12. Flores_Magon

Flores_Magon Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 28, 2011

stencilpunks.org account has been suspended
    This is bull!
    No more DIY anarcho t-shirts for the time while

13. bichpaket

bichpaket Member New Member

Mar 11, 2011

lold
    google or photoshop\paint will help u:)

14. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
  15. Flores_Magon

Flores_Magon Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 28, 2011

16. Shuei

Jan 19, 2010

Stencilpunks.org

A quick search didn't show any results, so I guess this topic haven't been up before

Do anybody here know what has happened to Stencilpunks.org? It has been down for some time - will it be back?

17. Contamination

Contamination Member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2010

Re: Stencilpunks.org

Ive noticed this to, mabe they couldn't afford it. There's still a bunch of stencils at there old site: http://stencilpunks.mattrunningnaked.com/indexx.html
    Also, I can make most band logos into stencils if there's one in particular you need

18. Shuei

Jan 19, 2010

Contamination:
    Thank you - I can do with a lot of band symbols, but I enjoyed browsing through stencil punks and make a lot for the practice. I hope the site will be up again for real soon

19. discrass

discrass Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 1, 2011
     Portugal
    stencilpunk doesn´t work anymore..., someone knows an another website with bands´logo (anarchopunk bands and political)
    also i am looking from BERURIER NOIR stencils, if someone made it please put it on this website!

20. kad budu gorjeli gradovi

kad budu gorjeli gradovi Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 23, 2012
     Serbia

4 members have read this thread this month

1. Ibra
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. Rune
  4. Starfighter