Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Relationships and belief.

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Libero-mente, May 26, 2010.

1. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

i think you pretty much covered them all!
    haha, aw, you`ll get there.

2. Primalvoid

Primalvoid Member New Member

Oct 15, 2012

My girlfriend is not into anarchist ideals, she doesn't listen to hardcore,punk,grind (even if I sometimes take her with me at gigs and she's happy for this).

That's not a problem, love is separated from political ideals. After some months I told sometimes about my ideals, she respects me and that's all for me.

3. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

I have only ever dated people who could recite all the lyrics to "Why?" and that's not about to change. What could I possibly talk about with someone who doesn't like Discharge? :ecouteurs:

4. BroccoliIsForConservatives

BroccoliIsForConservatives Member New Member

Apr 9, 2012

Not if you're heading for a more committed relationship.

5. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

I've met a lot of strong anarchist/feminist womyn, so this thread is kind of anomalous and surprising to me but I'm probably just really really lucky.

I don't think I could date someone who wasn't an anarchist or who didn't have strong anarchist leanings. And definitely not someone who wasn't a feminist, fuck that shit. I have no considerable attraction to anyone who doesn't have good convictions/intelligence and is willing to defend them. Like that's hella sexy. My partner right now is awesome. She's a strong feminist and anarchist and hates being told her business as much as I hate being told mine. But she's still hella down to earth and a perv at the same time. First week we were hanging out we were on the roof of an abandoned factory and she said she could rappel us off if we had brought a rope and I was like I'm going to fall in love with you at some point.

Seek out folks (of any gender) with your general convictions that you communicate well with. Communication is the best thing in relationships so I feel like if right away someone isn't at all radically-aware and they're never going to change then what's the point? I mean they don't have to be an anarchist but why even date someone who isn't radically-aware/feministically conscious? That's just my opinion on the whole matter anyway, in terms of applying to myself.

But yeah at the same time none of that even matters if their personality doesn't jive with yours and you'll hate their guts anyways.

KEEP LOOKING YA'LL FIND SOMEONE!

6. mrNILEpat

mrNILEpat Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 27, 2012

It would be cool to find a chick that liked the same music and political shit i like also... or at least A GIRL! :/

7. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

well.. i must say i haven't really been in a serious or a "real" relationship..and with my teenage confidence it doubles the chance of a nono, i guess i haven't been lucky...i have a few flaws in my personality which i think might scare people away...sometimes i have no clue which kind of mood people are in so i'm kinda not that good at reading people....lol :D , i'm also kinda shy and nerveous around people ive never met and especially if it's people i might have a crush on... i also act fucking stupid sometimes and i can't help it :/

i think the thing about beliefs is that i want to find someone who at least is leftwing and somebody i can agree with...

the thing is i don't think that there are many people that are into politics at my age... and i don't know anyone which shares the same opinions as me which is my age...the people i know are 17+ so my friend circles are like with adults and i am just that werid kid who follows around and says something generally smart sometimes... :D

8. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

You still have time Stego, believe me :)

9. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

hah, i hope you are right on that friend and i indeed hope so :thumbsup:

10. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

Imagine exactly your predicament + ADHD (causing some hyperactivity) and a school full of girls who can't get over how I smell. :(

11. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

I was rejected recently for being broke.

12. UnityFreedomAnarchy

UnityFreedomAnarchy Active Member Forum Member

Jul 18, 2013

I met a girl, she was political and aware before we met and through talking to me became aware of Anarchism as a serious political movement, she now identifies herself as an anarchist and we're just really well suited because we just think the same; we have the same logic and the same ideas.

If anyone would like a guided tour of the friendzone feel free to contact me.

13. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

UFA, there is no such thing as the friendzone this idea that a girl is still interested in you, but she rather wants to be friends is stupid, if she doesn't like you she doesn't like too bad :ecouteurs:

14. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Where can i download the app??

15. UnityFreedomAnarchy

UnityFreedomAnarchy Active Member Forum Member

Jul 18, 2013

We live far apart and she's said to me that she was going to go out with me but she thought we'd just hurt each other, so now I'm stuck being painfully in love with a girl who only views me as a friend. It sucks.

16. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Manipulation sucks also, my friend...

17. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

it happend to me aswell, i think i got manipulated with aswell, i can believe that people would play around with each others feelings :/ ..

18. exalted

exalted Member New Member

Dec 22, 2013

This girl I work with calls herself an anarchist. I made up some fake Russian sounding name and made up a bunch of random shit they believed in, and she agreed that the guy I made up was a great thinker of his time. Some people just want to wear a title, without really knowing anything about it. I'd rather be with a person that's honest though, than someone whoes an anarchist. It's just what I value, so yeah man, hang in there. I don't believe there is somebody for everybody in that cheesy disney way, but as long as you try, someone will let you touch their junk.

19. scar

scar Member Forum Member

Dec 24, 2013

haha and i've fallen for so many straight dudes... think i'm cursed :( gosh if it's this hard to find a girl then what the hell am i up against? raised in a homophobic environment, been afraid to explore any relationship until recently. would be awesome to find another gay punk/anarchist in my city, can't give up though, someone out there is lookin' for me too. but yeah doesn't take much for me to fall in love... just a few things in common, similar beliefs/interests, and open mind and open to love.. and anything is possible! but fuck manipulators! i'd rather stay single and pursue my interests--keep finding myself and what i love, finding friends--than fall for some shallow-minded prick. nclpw you are right, there can be different intersts but personalities have to match. different interests are great! makes love way more interest-ing :D

is a good list :D

anyway this is an awesome site i am glad to have found it and you all <3 merry fuckin christmas
    p.s. nice thread Libero-mente, thank you for starting it

20. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    I haven't actual had a successful relationship, i mostly just have what my last "Girl friend" called fuck buddy's. I mean, its not a bad way to do things if you don't wanna get attached and you just wanna fuck, constantly (I mean constantly, my last one and i had sex for like two week straight, i would go over, we would fuck, we watch some tv then fuck, make some breakfast, then fuck. This pattern continued till it got late and i left, which was usually around like 11 pm, we did that for around 2 weeks straight, she lost like 20 pounds from all of it. Plus i had the best sleep i ever had.) But that just sorta leaves a hole for your emotions that you wanna fill with that person, and if they just wanna have sex then it all gets complicated and it never ends well. The last one hit me particularly hard, i went on a massive drinking binge, plus huge amounts of weed and leftover pain pills. Ive never really cared about politics when i get relationships, as long as the other person is intelligent, non-religious and not right wing then im all for it. A person does not have to be an anarchist for me to love them.