Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

RASH?

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by jahjah, May 19, 2010.

1. jahjah

jahjah Active Member Forum Member

Sep 10, 2009

how do members feel about it and generally collaboration between libertarian and authoritarian lefties?
    aslo curious about what is perceived some times as authoritarianism within anarcism,specifically platformism and its derivative forms.

i personally feel it to be a strange collaboration,condemned of only being temporary.past examples have shown how this can be counterproductive:
    makhno's initial support for the bolsheviks,the collaboration between CNT-FAI and the mainly stalinist International Brigades.
    while i agree that there are ideological similarities between marxism and anarchism,i think association should be only be sought with libertarian marxists such as autonomists,left-communists,council-communists and other such anti-leninist anti-parliamentary and anti-authoritarian marxists.

as such i find it strange that some chapters of rash openly support extreme authoritariansim(example:http://www.nodo50.org/rashmadrid/)

2. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

There's already a thread about this, if I remember correctly (here to be precise: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3276&hilit=rash)
    As such I don't really see the need for another one of these threads :)

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    hey jahjah i thought you were going to leave ? it's the third time that you say its your last message and that you are leaving the forum... why don't you do it ??

Yes some of the RASH chapters are pretty much authoritarian, like in spain or even worse in colombia...

but the majority of the chapters are strongly libertarians, in UK for example they look pretty much anarchoskins, in france all members of the rash are also members of the CNT, an anarchist organisation.... Bands like Brigada Flores Magon are member of the RASH Paris, same thing for Brixton Cats and a couple of other bands.... In canada bands like Jeunesse Apatride and Esclaves Salariés are members of the rash or were member at some time... Many other famous anarchist bands also support the RASH

anyway if organisations like RASH wasnt here nobody would be fighting fascism in the streets, it's them who kick the shit out of the boneheads so they are doing a good work.

As for platformist, i am definatly against it, i'm an anarcho-synthesis as poosed to platformism. A good critic of platformism is Errico Malatesta's "answer to the platform" text

But it's funny how you quote nestor makhno (one of the former platformist) and then you say platformism is authoritarism...

4. jahjah

Sep 10, 2009

actually it was only twice,and i explained why i changed my mind in the open moderation forum as an answer to anxiety's similar question...

i've read it,it is a very good critique indeed.i'm unfamiliar with anarcho-synthesis,unless it is literally a synthesis of various forms of anarchism or different forms of anarchism cohabiting.then it's similar to my viewpoint

actually at the time platformism had not been developed,it is as a result of that defeat that platfomism was formed as an ideology.but i see what you mean,you may say he was slightly authoritarian back then...but then some might say the same about cnt's participation in the republican government.

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Just shutup and get out of this forum like you said you would do, thanks.

Not even worth my time answering an idiot who pretends to have read a text that talks about synthesism against platformism and then say he doesn't know what is synthesis.

Also if you understood your history you wouldn't critize the CNT for "taking part" in the government.

6. jahjah

Sep 10, 2009

i've read a critique of platformism by malatesta a long time ago(i seem to recall was like a collection of letters or something).i guess i didn't remeber the name correctly,cause synthesism does not ring a bell.but yeah,thanks for letting me know what it is,the help is much appreciated

7. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    I thought this was going to be a thread about Red Anarchist Skin Heads........:'(