Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

rap music

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by rude-boy, May 7, 2010.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    yes they suck, but the bigger suckers are the fans of their music... they dress like total morons.

2. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

You don't see the irony here? Look at the post a reply window.:lmao: Some people would say the same about the whole shiny porcupine look too. But to each their own right.

3. russaddams

russaddams Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Maybe I overlooked it, but I can't help but notice that there is no mention of Dead Prez on here. Also, I believe early Hip-Hop was once refered to as "Black Punk Rock." I can't site the source on that, but I swear to you I've read it somewhere.

4. Libero-mente

Libero-mente Active Member Forum Member

Dec 24, 2009

Yeah I would have hoped somebody would say that.
    truly " Nuff Said."

5. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

ya pretty much what i was thinking,. but id rather walk around with a studded vest then have my face painted like a clown.

what i dont like about icp is all the fuckers running around thinking they are juggalos beating peaople and raping chicks and shit like that.

6. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

See there is a huge difference between what ICP fans look like and punks and shit. ICP fans dress like ICP, not a whole fuckin subculture. ICP fans only do what Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope say and do and what they look like. In punk, though the pattern of using studs and patches is the same, they look nothing like bands, no 2 vests are the same, and yadda yadda yadda.

Though saying ICP is a "gang" is stupid as hell too. Most ICP fans i know wouldnt do shit other than drink faygo and think their from some type of hood when they are actually from fucking suburbia, or the country.

7. ghoul

May 16, 2010

I think you guys might want to take a second look at ICP. I think you miss the message they put in their music. Ultimately it is really no different than the message I hear in most punk music. They are extremely anti racism. With songs like "Fuck Your Rebel Flag" that should pretty apparent. That's actually what the face paint at the shows is all about. It doesn't matter what your color skin is you're painted up as a clown. Then you have the unity thing. I have been to hundreds of concerts, maybe a thousand in my life and have never felt the sense of unity I get at their shows anywhere else. I have never seen a fight break out at an ICP show, I can't say the same for punk.

8. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

ya they go on stage with a bunch of shaken up cola bottles and spray you. its like a gwar show. its a stage proformnce joke imo

9. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

;)

10. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    yup, another post of ghoul proving he doesn't belong here... :ecouteurs:

11. j3zrahhh

j3zrahhh Experienced Member Experienced member

May 25, 2010

you must have seen shit punk bands then if you feel more unity at a ICP show...

12. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Seriously... I go to local punk shows like every other week or so. Few weeks back I did 2 festivals with some punk and a ska-punk gig in 3 days. I have NEVER seen a fight break out at a punk show (unless you count the mosh :p).
    Then again, unity isn't exactly what I would call the atmosphere either, but people at least recognised they were all there to have a good time. You needed a smoke, someone had something to smoke for you. You needed a drink, there was someone there willing to share. Needed a place to crash... arranged.
    Seriously doubt that would happen at most other gigs, to be honest.

13. ghoul

May 16, 2010

I am not saying all the punks shows I've been were bad experiences, not at all. Hanging out with Anti-Product was one of the best times I've ever had, those guys (and lady) were awesome. Seriously some of the nicest people I've have ever met. I have seen numerous fights break out at shows as well. I was even at one fest in Wisconsin were a girl was raped. At another show in Fargo someone was nearly stabbed. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that all punks would do this kind thing. I'm just saying I have never experienced this sort of thing at an ICP show. This probably has more to do with the fact that I have gone to hundreds more punks shows. It probably just comes down to statistical probabilities.

14. j3zrahhh

j3zrahhh Experienced Member Experienced member

May 25, 2010

i dunno, i feel unified as fuck in those tiny local punk gig pits, like as violent and crazy as it seems, you know everyone is looking out for eachother, like when someone falls over, theres always at least 3 people dragging him or her up. occasionally some random will put their arm around your neck and you'll thrash around like you were best buddies. everyone is there for a good time. except maybe those xXx hardcore kids.

only one gig my band played at have i felt threatened and un-unified (if that is even a word)...a stupid bonehead fuck who was touring with the headlining band kept going at me (i'm guessing it was because of our anti-nazi stance..and the shirt i was wearing "keep this neighborhood nazi free") anyhow...he pushed me over, and i tore all the ligaments in my right ankle. god damm nazi punx. but i was drunk, so i could still walk...until the next day. fuck me that shit hurt.

15. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

I love Rap & hip hop,next to punk it's easily my favourite form of music. Immortal Technique,Necro,Jedi Mind Tricks,El-P,Celph Titled...The blatant Homophobia does get annoying,But i really appreciate the Wordplay and some of the production (Particularly that of Necro & Stouppe (The Enemy of mankind) is Epic.

16. persistenc eof keesh

persistenc eof keesh New Member New Member

May 17, 2010

i dig alotta rap, for sure a bunch of its stupid but theres alotta tight shit too. i listen to a bunch of different genres, mostly punk and rap tho. i think alot of it has to do with me growing up in a predominate;y black neighborhead where the people that i hang out with that dont listen to punk are probably playin some big L or onyx. i can still bump some guicci mane or some shit liek that tho. as goofy as it is its pretty tight for parties n shit like that