Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punk Rock "Gangs"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameson, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Nihilist84

Nihilist84 Active Member Forum Member

Apr 14, 2011

Ben he wasnt advertising it was from an article he found about those 77 assholes
    Well here in LA the only ones i think u have to worry about ar East LA drunk punx and AS aborto social cuz they will start shit for no reason
    Iv also heard that AS is a Florencia clique or something and they ar a real gang they showed up to a show i went to and all they did was try and start shit over the pit and b4 the show ended they jumped sum of my homies who unfortunately decided to stay until the show ended
    anyways fuck all gangs crews or anything arnt we already supposed to be united as punks in the first place at least thats how i feel

2. A.Morrell

A.Morrell New Member New Member

Jun 4, 2012

I just spent almost an hour reading this and I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head. That gangster kid, the one who put up the ridiculous photos of himself (very comedic, I like the one where he's flashing his cash, gave me a laugh), is a moron. Not a fucking clue what he's talking about.

3. CyKill

CyKill New Member New Member

Jul 21, 2012

They're a bunch of idiotic fashion punks that started in the late 90's, basically taking retarded Casualties lyrics way too serious and decided it was their life mission and job to go and along with the Chi-Town Mafia Skins (CMS) go out and attack people in public including but not limited to: Crusties (or anyone that could be vaguely mistaken for one), homeless people, non-whites, and whoever else they feel like.

I actually encountered their CMS counterparts the very first day of the very first time I ever went to Chicago. Me and a friend were walking down a street, completely minding our own business when this short guy with glasses out of nowhere materialized and started sucker-punching my friend before yelling "Chi-Town/77! Crusties aren't allowed! We'll be back later!", then ran across the street into someone's van that drove off and I never saw them again that day or the entire month I was there.

My friend and I didn't even consider ourselves 'crusty' by any measure. We were traveling in a van so all our stuff was in there and we had no packs, we didn't have dreadlocks or that many patches or starving dogs in tow or anything else. The only thing I could think of that got us labeled as 'crusty' might have been our (mostly) black clothing. At any rate, I could only laugh at the whole thing. I had heard about them many times online before that happened and that ended up happening my first day there. That was 8 years ago, I have no idea how active either group is nowadays though most sources seem to indicate they've been on the decline for a while.

4. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    I know that this is a very old thread that was started years before I joined, but I'll contribute anyway......

Back about 10 years ago, maybe a little bit longer, Chicago had five gangs in the scene. The two most recent were Chi-Town 77 Street Punks, and Chicago Skinhead Mafia. Chicago Skinhead Mafia broke up 12 years ago when one of their members, John Hayley pushed a Viet Namese fisherman into a lagoon by Lake Michigan ad he drowned. I don't think he was a racist, because a week or two before, he pushed somebody else into the same lagoon, who was white, but they lived. Once what he did was reported on the news he was accompanied by a member of an associate crew, a black person named Dwayne who is a well known old timer and one of the founders of one of the oldest skinhead crews in Chicago, Skinheads Of Chicago (S.H.O.C.) and turned himself in to the Chicago police. (Dwayne, by the way had NOTHING to do with the incident in question, he just accompanied John Hayley to the police station)

I haven't seen anybody sport a Chi-Town 77 Street Punk vest in quite a while, but there are still a few of them in Chicago. Most of them moved to Milwaukee, and are now the Beer City 77 Street Punks. I never had any personal problems with either group of people, since I'm a loner, and tend to keep to myself, and mind my own business, but the 77s as they were known were a group of trouble makers who basically physically attacked anybody who didn't fit their definition of "Punk". They've been known to attack anarchists, crusties, homeless people, and anybody who came to a punk show who didn't dress "Punk". One of them was in a local band called The Street Brats, which basically broke up after they started, although they did put out two albums. (The music isn't too bad, though. Basic meat and potatoes street punk) I have personally know a few people who have had some bad dealings with them. Word got out in the scene and photographs were taken of the members, and they got banned from a lot of clubs, and almost all collectives. I don't know what kind of trouble they're stirring up in Milwaukee, so I can't really comment on that.

As of this writing, from what I've observed, there are really only three crews in Chicago right now, and they are all skinheads: Chicago Area Skinheads (C.A.S.H.) which are nazi boneheads,who are all well known and BANNED FROM EVERYWHERE, and I already talked about S.H.O.C. who basically are a multi-racial skinhead crew that formed in reaction to C.A.S.H. because, let's face it, nature abhores a vacuum, but they act in the stereotypical skinhead manner, i.e. they might be multi racial, and go after the nazi boneheads, but when it comes to ignorant blind patriotism, sexism, homophobia, etc. they are no better than the people they fight against, and theres a crew from the south suburbs of Blue Island called Fear City Skinheads, who even have their own band, Fear City. You would think that they would stand united with S.H.O.C. but they are always fighting with each other. I don't know why, for the likes of me. I can only speculate that it's because S.H.O.C. was first and they want to run everything, and don't like the idea of a new crew.

There's nothing wrong with a group of people wanting to get together to protect what they have i.e. making sure that shows are safe, that undesirable elements such as nazis etc either behave themselves, or just say away from the scene, but, more often than not, these groups decide they have enough people to attempt some sort of "Power grab" be it real or imagined. At the very least, this puts the whole scene in a bad light.

It's situations like these that has lead me to be an anti social mysanthropic loner within my own territory. I don't need the hassles or bullshit of gangs and crews. I didn't need it in my youth, and I'm too old to even be interested. All I wanna do is just play music and rock out, and maybe spread a message or two about what concerns me about the world we're living in and what we're leaving for future generations, God willing, and we don't destroy the environment and/or die in a nuclear war.

5. The Hat

May 29, 2019
    I've stated on more than one occasion that I am an old geezer, and I was around in 1977. These jokers would've been laughed out of the scene, and banned from any and every club that booked a punk show. These kids weren't even alive in 1977, and have no idea what the scene was like back then or how things were done. Like I've previously stated, a lot of them moved to Milwaukee and became the Beer City 77 Street Punks. I hope the scene in Milwaukee will chase them out if they decide to repeat the actions that got them their earned reputation in Chicago. (Meaning known, photographed, and banned!)

6. The Hat

May 29, 2019
    OMG! WTF did I just read? Well, at least I wasn't bored.

7. Lurker_Rob_

Lurker_Rob_ Active Member Forum Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Male
    Florida, United States  United States
    I'm loosely associated with a few dudes in Jamaican and Haitian gangs.

Call it dumb or whatever but I do outreach work with kids and ex prisoners.
    Book drive, teaching carpentry, job resources.

I've ran across Chitown 77 street punks around 98' but long story short I ripped them off for drugs and got a good kicking.

8. Lurker_Rob_

Lurker_Rob_ Active Member Forum Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Male
    Florida, United States  United States
    Holy shit I lost brain cells reading this garbage, I know my stance on certain things isn't approved by most but holy shit Punk Rock Gangs are dummmmmbbbb.

I've had a few instances with several all over the states and it doesn't surprise me one bit.

9. Pandora warwick

Pandora warwick Member New Member

May 7, 2020
    Georgia, United States  United States
    Where im at i mostly hear about suicidal's gang and various skinhead gangs. Ive only ever encountered sharps and nazis (id much rather be around the sharps), and even then, the obvious ones arent common. One of my friends claims to encounter them often, but i can only take their word for it

6 members have read this thread this month

1. Pandora warwick
  2. punkmar77
  3. PUMA
  4. Nightbreed
  5. Charger Bullet
  6. Starfighter