Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

on calling cops pigs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by howgodskill, Oct 28, 2010.

1. howgodskill

howgodskill Member Forum Member

Oct 27, 2010

hi! i know this is not the most heartwarming first message i could leave on this forum, but i really need to get this of my chest.

i hate cops, and everything they represent. with pleasure i refer to them as assholes, bastards, idiots, criminals, fascists, oppressors,... but i think we should refrain from referring to them as pigs. :)

as an anti-speciesist (and consequentially a vegan) i think it's quite intolerable using another species as an insult. pigs have nothing to see with what a cop represents. i agree this might seem far-fetched, however it is nothing more than an ethical usage of language. we don't tolerate "nigger" or "faggot" either, and can only try to be as consequent as possible. loads of examples here: "bitch" (female dog, we are all familiar with the degrading meaning of the term), "dog" ("all men are dogs", "rat" (or snitch), "cow" (often used lead by "stupid)" and so on.

our languages are extensive enough to find synonyms that don't relate to other -more innocent- species, no? consider this a hopefully positive contribution to this fine community.

2. THEREDMENACE

THEREDMENACE Active Member Forum Member

Oct 27, 2010

I'm just going to throw it out there... are you afraid that actual barnyard animals may be offended by our use of their namesake? The namesake GIVEN to them by man? Likening 'pig' to 'nigger' or 'faggot' should be intolerable.

I didn't know people actually thought about this at all.

3. seitan

seitan Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009

yes, i try to avoid using the term pig.
    i wouldnt expect animal eaters to understand tho.

4. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

pigs are innocent and cute.
    cops.
    well you know where i'm going with this...

5. THEREDMENACE

Oct 27, 2010

Me eating meat really has nothing to do with the matter at hand. You aren't arguing that we shouldn't eat meat, you're arguing that we shouldn't associate cops with pigs. I don't eat cops.

What exactly (if anything) is the purpose of stopping this slang in it's tracks? Do you feel that by referring to 'pigs' so often it's encouraging us to eat them?

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Calling cops pigs is an insult for pigs to be compared to cops.

7. THEREDMENACE

Oct 27, 2010

I'm sure they take it to heart. I will now turn over a new leaf.

8. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    WOW.... That's all i have to say to this thread... once you think you've read everything that can possibly be written, something like this is posted. Wow.

9. THEREDMENACE

Oct 27, 2010

My sentiments exactly.

10. Jake

Jake Member Forum Member

Jun 9, 2010

dude everytime someone says anything that you dont completely agree with/disagree with/find stupid you are so intolerant, the amount of times your posts have been you trying to ridicule someone

11. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    YAWN let's see you post something constructive instead of complaining about me for most of your whopping 13 posts.

12. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I respect pigs, and eat cops. I think it's a cop doesn't deserve to be called a pig. It's too much of a high mark.
    Save a pig, kill a cop.

13. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

haha i've actually thought of this, and i agree. pigs are better than cops.

if you want to take it further, calling someone stupid is authoritarian because you're assuming you know more than them based upon some sort of hierarchical learning or intelligence system, and therefore have the right to say so because you're higher up on the said sytem then them. just thought i'd throw that out there because everyone seems to try and spit on each other and keep each other down on this site and in the physcial world, and we are on an obsucre train of thought anyhow. it's one thing to not agree with someone or to think what someone does is unwise or worse, but it's another thing to be bitter and hateful toward each other.

find somewhere else to release negative energy and spew hate, i'd say...but then again do whatever the fuck you want- it's the interent, where anything is possible!

14. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE TOO FAR!!!!!!
    All coppers are nazi pigs.

You gonna grill me for saying that now?? boo fucking hoo! Have a fucking tissue

15. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

So you have a problem with gays who happen to take it in the asshole, bastards because they were born out of wedlock idiots because there a bit slow and criminals who are only defined as such by the state even though such a term is entirely subjective to the nature of the crime.

You my friend are an idiot

16. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

Hah. So you can't degrade pigs, but you can degrade other people based on their diet? Nice.

This is frankly ridiculous. If a pig gets offended, I will apologize to it. Until then, I will continue to use the term how I please.

17. howgodskill

Oct 27, 2010

i should have explained myself more thoroughly, perhaps. yes, maybe i'm taking this a whole lot further than many of you would even like to consider. mind you, i posted this in all seriousness. coming from a strong anti-speciesist point-of-view, i consider speciesist language and behaviour the antithesis of animal equality. any reference to an animal in any negative out-of-context connotation i consider unacceptable.

no pig will be offended or feel insulted, yet our language often reveals and re-enforced our deeply rooted traditional thoughts on other individuals: them being inferior. insults are just one part of this language: think about zoos (prisons for non-human animals), sport-fishing (killing has become a sportive pastime), aquariums (aquaprisons), farm animals (as if that's where they belong), this/that (instead of which), animal agriculture (industrialised animal slavery)... all these terms reveal the cruelty that misleading words legitimize and conceal.

speciesism relies on euphemism, doublespeak, and other linguistic ploys. it has got nothing to do with being all too pc; if we want to oppose and eradicate this form of discrimination, why not grab it by the balls and think about the ways we participate in it ourselves (other than diet, clothing, tested products)? there's an interesting book on this, "animal equality" by joan dunayer. a quote from her writngs:

again, i should have been more clear in my previous explanation and clearly failed to foresee the reaction of many who don't recognise the basic rights of non-human animals. i stand with it however and hope some will actually think about it.

18. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Human rights and liberation are far more important then animal rights and animal liberation will ever be.

19. howgodskill

Oct 27, 2010

and that, my dear, is exactly what we call speciesism. "women/colored people/gays shouldn't have the same rights as men/whites/hetero's". sounds familiar?

supporting human rights (and the advocacy and activism for them) does NOT have to rule out supporting animal rights. it's like saying that anti-racism is more important than feminism just because you might belong to possible victims of that discrimination.

20. jjk3546

jjk3546 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 29, 2010

Good way to get ya an ass beating. First hand experience.