Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Noam chomsky supports elections and political partys

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by ungovernable, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Re: CRASS - Shock slogans and token tantrums - signed by Noam Chomsky

You painted his portrait ? What ?

2. markalanrussell

markalanrussell Member New Member

Oct 31, 2011

3. markalanrussell

Oct 31, 2011

Why was this moved? I posted it under Music because I thought it was about Crass and that particular booklet - Shock slogans.... I wanted people who were fans of the music to see Noam Chomskys siganture. How it got dragged into a forum about Noam I don't know. As for Mr Chomsky I doubt he cares what a tosser like Mr Ungovernable thinks. He was polite and wouldn't rip up another persons post in a forum and place it elsewhere to suit his agenda.

4. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

I agree with some of of Chomsky's ideas but I think of him also as a sellout who takes money for his ideas, and I do not believe he should have backed up those Holocaust deniers who were teaching lies at the college they were teaching at. I have read his book Third World Fascism and the Washington Connection and I liked that book. It was really Anti-Semitic for Chomsky to back up those Holocaust deniers. Chomsky is selling out; especially in France where he defended Anti-Semite Robert Faurisson who has ties to Neo-Nazis such as Ernst Zündel, and Ahmed Rami; he should have been locked up; he lied to his students about the Holocaust. It is unforgivable that Chomsky defended Robert Faurisson and it will damage his connection with the left.

5. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I'm not sure its a case of Anti-Semitism as much as it is crackademic BS about 'freedom of speech.'

6. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

sorry dude, can't explain that, someone else wot dun it. Either way its maybe worth politicizing both Crass and Chomsky?

7. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

omigod, markalanrussell - maybe a bit more reading and after that: contemplation about less inspired fan-boy-ism will keep you in the futures from making wild speeches in the internets.
    saint chomsky and jesses won't like it if a V(ain) W(anker) calls people with an attitute "a tosser"... especially if he just and only copies photographs and calls that arts.

chomsky is nothing more than a media diva caught in his own legend and if i ever get the chance to communicate my rage about his holocaust-denial support to him directly, i'll have a good stinking pie at the ready - with the greetings of 8 millions who went through the chimney!

8. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Hey mr anarchist-with-heroes, calm the fuck down, i didnt even move your post. Next, how the fuck am i a tosser just because i find it funny that you call him your hero ? And finally, nobody gives a fuck about Noam chomsky's signature, only the fact of asking an anarchist his signature is fucking pathetic.

Go back worshipping your hero and thinking anarchism is all about cult of personnality.

However, that's a very cool painting, good job.

9. markalanrussell

Oct 31, 2011

Firstly - to Mr Ungovernable. I apologise for accusing you for moving the post. Someone did and I was annoyed. I shouldn't call people any name but yes I did take offence at your remark. There are no rules about this - we are all supposedely Anarchists - Yes I do have heroes, but I definately do not worship them. I hardly think Noam creates a 'Cult of personality' in fact his rather boring in his delivery. He signs lots of things (apparently lots of Bad Religion albums) but he'd never signed anything like this. And in posting my initial piece I wanted to share that special unique bit of interest. Why? - because I am a huge fan of Crass. They, individually are heroes, too. I have others - Anthony Robbins and Christophe LeVeque - for the reasons of - they inspire me with their work and ethics. Simple as that, Whilst I regard them as an absolute equal as a human, I hold my hero(s) work in the highest regard.

Thanks for the compliment re. Portrait

Secondly - Bentheanarchist. I admire that you have taken this path - but you are only fourteen.

Thirdly - Nike. I found your post to be hilarious, ecspecially "omigod, markalanrussell - maybe a bit more reading and after that: contemplation about less inspired fan-boy-ism will keep you in the futures from making wild speeches in the internets." If only you knew a little more about me.
    And to this one "especially if he just and only copies photographs and calls that arts." - May I say it is a matter of taste and then ask that you show us some your art?

Mr Butcher - Love the avatar and thank you for pointing out that bit about it (holcaust denial) being about free speech not advocating directly a view.

10. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Ok whatever... Sorry for being aggressive

Do you have a portfolio of your arts ? I'd be interessed to see more, you are very talented

But yeah i do agree that art is subjective and it is a matter of taste... Art is art, even if it just a reproduction of a photo !! I did a lot of reproductions and i still think it's art anyway

11. markalanrussell

Oct 31, 2011

12. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

i'm not surprised that saint noam is your hero - guess your level of more than naive ignorance is very similiar to his, mr decorations painter, but what your relic has to do with Crass will probably remain an eternal mystery to me, the same goes for this:
    and for his own good, i hope saint noam stays with the fan boys over the ocean, faurisson had to pay multiple times for his bullshits... and this one just calls for educational measures:
    o_O o_O o_O

13. markalanrussell

Oct 31, 2011

Lil apple - your first sentence accuses both myself and Noam Chomsky of ignorance. Then your second setence then displays yours with the following "but what your relic has to do with Crass will probably remain an eternal mystery to me". May I point out to you that the initial posting was titled 'Crass - shock slogans and token tantrums - signed by Noam Chomsky'. Might be a clue in that. I also accept that you may not have taken the care to read what I had written.

Now I would like you to take you to task on the pro- Faurission stuff. Actually I'll let Noam Chomsky defend himself. Noam says in the following aricle which you cut and pasted.

"Let me add a final remark about Faurisson's alleged "anti-Semitism." Note first that even if Faurisson were to be a rabid anti-Semite and fanatic pro-Nazi -- such charges have been presented to me in private correspondence that it would be improper to cite in detail here -- this would have no bearing whatsoever on the legitimacy of the defense of his civil rights."

You obviously are not a supporter of free speech IF it goes against YOUR views.

Have a good day! :ecouteurs:

14. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

I hate 'but' :ecouteurs:

15. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

16. markalanrussell

Oct 31, 2011

"general consensus of the anarchist community and doesn't recognize hate speech as "free speech"" - If this is the case then goodbye!

17. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    bah bye...te la lavas buey.... :lmao:

18. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

'I wanna live in a society that tolerates advocating and organising for genocide...'

19. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

well, free speech is such a fine thing, even for nazis and even if one hardly knows what's all about - but damned, they have to be old enough... o_O
    those "libertarians"... :ecouteurs:

20. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    You're going to do the revolution only with people who tolerate free speech for nazis ?? Good luck !!

But oh well, i'm pretty sure you will be able to find another forum where neo-nazis are welcome and tolerated....