Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

New kid in town, the Mixster be's me, yup.

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by mixster, Nov 10, 2012.

1. mixster

mixster New Member New Member

Nov 10, 2012

I'm more into the music than political side, action wise. I make more changes to the musical atmosphere than the political/ government organization. And I do put my ideals into my music. I cover a wide enough spectrum musically and politically that I've given up on fitting in anywhere. I invent little niches that work for me, but the hoarder I am, not wanting to ditch any projects or persona's, I have a heck of a time shaping a niche that will accommodate all. A Jack of all trades but Master of none. Musician, Engineer, Artist, Hermit, chemical explorer, Rescuer, Snowboarder, and I think I'm 68.

I'm here trying to find the Genre or some bands that play the style I like, but don't have a clue so far. There is often a rhythmical diversion from strict 4/4, 6/8, etc., maybe an extra beat or half-beat thrown in, often the same sort of diversion with an odd chord or arpeggio that builds tension. A few popular groups come close but not head on to what I've heard before. Like Tool, DefTones, Stone Temple Pilots but more. I heard a 3 piece Bass Drums and Guitar hit it dead on for 3/4 of their set. Simple and tight rhythm guitar and bass lines with drums driving but not too straight, John Bonham-ish I guess. And in the midst of his chording, guitar dude would reach up and rip the heart out of that guitar with some tasty unique riffs - often dropping or adding a beat or half. I wasn't able to find out who they were, figured I could follow up later, no such luck. Crap. It was a one time thing the club did, and I don't know the scene around Portland.

I look like a retired teacher that would like Lawrence Welk so it isn't easy to convince the headbangers that I bang.

Does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about. I'm trying some compilations to see if I can find a new group or 2 to check out, then branch out from there toward similar bands. Should be fun anyway.

Thanks for the site, content and community.

The Mixster (as in audio mixer, other kinds of mixes, and my name is Mick.)

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hey Mick welcome to APN.. there are literally thousands of bands here to check out...happy hunting, in the meantime listen to this and see what you think..

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8483&p=58162#p58162