Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Need help setting up Pirate Radio!

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Molotov47, May 20, 2012.

1. Molotov47

Molotov47 New Member New Member

May 13, 2012

Hello everybody

my name is Matan and im from Israhell
    i need help with start a pirate radio
    i hope that someone here can help me do it
    doesnt have to be a big one but not too small Something like 1-3 km will be the best.

Tnx to anyone that can help.

[​IMG]

2. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

search ebay for a transmitter first, at least I had to order a transmitter from out of state since its illegal in the United States. a 5 watt fm transmitter is going to cost you around 200 USD. Also, get a broadcaster antennae, since the antennae they ship with the transmitter is only good for like 100 feet radius. You can google "FM Broadcast Antenna", but I think even Amazon carries these now. That being said, Amazon is kinda evil. Also, for simplicity I recommend a large capacity mp3 player with a dock that keeps it constantly charged. That way your power bill will be lower. The audio connector cord will come with the transmitter, along with the shitty antenna that you won't use. I personally use a 160 GB ipod, with ipod dock. The ipod dock can let me simultaneously listten to it in my room while it's being broadcast.

A side option is to buy a cheap mic, the kind that plugs into the pink outlet on computers. These types of mics can be plugged into your transmitter, so that you can actually speak while live on the pirate radio station. Usually volume knobs accompany both the audio input and mic input, so you can prevent the sound from your broadcast area being broadcasted alongside the music whenever you prefer, if not at all times.

I understand an ipod is expensive, but your only other option is an entire computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse... which consumes more energy, and if you don't have used equipment available, is more expensive then just the ipod and ipod dock.

Hope this helps.

-Peter a.ka. Marsh a.k.a. anarchoskin69

3. Molotov47

Molotov47 New Member New Member

May 13, 2012

TNX MAN!!
    you really help me

[​IMG]