Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Is it me or is infoshop news down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteamBub, Aug 11, 2011.

1. SteamBub

SteamBub Member Forum Member

May 7, 2011

Been trying to connect to their news section but with no luck.
    "Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later."
    My crazy thought is that it's gov doss so that it won't spread the unrest in the UK.
    Of course they could be doing maintenance.
    http://news.infoshop.org/

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I tried getting on it the other day to read about a slaughterhouse that burned down, but it wouldn't load.

3. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

The link from the homepage to the news section fucks up regularly for me (like over the period of at least the last six months). But yeah, usually that's only for short periods of time (like i'll try again an hour after it didn't load and it'll work), but at the moment i've not been able to access it for days.

I'd doubt the gov. or anyone in a form of authority is actively shutting down the site, rather its likely these riots have caused a huge influx of traffic to the site, which it can't cope with. i'm getting facebook updates from them still, which is frustrating as fuck because i can't load the links they provide.

My advice is to check libcom instead, its got well good coverage of the UK riots.