Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Indie/Post Punk.

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Corporate Deathburger, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Both those bands are so worth going over your limit for imho. The evens have blown my mind though, I swear Ian could form a crunk band and it would still be worth listening to.

Don't have any gray matter so I will get right on it!

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

well, I was the one who put you on to Embrace, so I've no need to download any albums I already own. :p

3. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

I know! I read it wrong =/ Thought you may have needed to redownload it (for some strange reason) + the others downloads which put you over. That was a total brostake, excuse my mis-interbrotation. <(")

4. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

twas just the other dischordy-goodness that put me over, no wuckers bro.
    [​IMG]

5. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

I kind of hate the term "indie" as it has become more a genre and a scene than actal independent music
    - That said: of the ones listed i really like Fugazi and The Pixies :) There's a lot of good bands in this hipster / "indie" scene

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    im suprised so many people here like fugazi, ian mackye CAN'T SING! Minor threat is tolerable, because he mostly shouted but his voice is so grating, he can't hold a tune to save his life.

7. Shuei

Shuei Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 19, 2010

Anxiety69:
    True, he isn't a great singer, but his vocals fit the expression of the music. Though granted, it's not one of the bands i listen to the most, but i find them good.

8. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

My thoughts exactly. Technicality doesn't matter as long as it sounds good.

9. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

I can't believe you are wondering how we like Fugazi because Ian 'can't sing'. You best be trolling.

10. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    why would u assume that? I like to enjoy what i'm hearing, regardless of how great the lyrics are if it doesn't sound appealing i won't listen to it. Pretty narrow minded to assume that anarcho punk fans shouldn't care how something sounds.

11. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

yr dismissing someone who many of us revere as a god-like figure simply of his 'inability to hold a tune', lol, surely you expected some hostile responses. ;)
    and whilst I agree with yr sentiment that us dodgy anarchos care about what something sounds like, surely there are more to vocals then 'holding a tune', music is a means of communication (like, otherwise we'd all be listening to opera, not punk or hiphop), and methinks Ian has a great voice that creates a rather emotive response from my good self. I kinda like to think of his vocals in Fugazi and Embrace as rather akin to Chick D (public enemy) insofar as his vocals demand your attention, but whatever. And his monotone slightly off-key vocals in the evens works for the melancholy you know. what ever, theres my bs :ecouteurs:

12. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

It is narrow minded of you to assume people won't like it because he isn't the greatest singer. Especially with a forum with heaps of crust, grind, general punk music fans I doubt singing talent means much to them as much as how the voice expresses itself in the song.

"if it doesn't sound appealing i won't listen to it."

Did you ever think that maybe this style of voice appeals to others?

13. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    it's all good to each their own.

14. lofibri

lofibri New Member New Member

Aug 6, 2013

The Vaselines were great!

A-Frames
    The Paper Chase
    The Unicorns
    Moldy Peaches

15. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

i'm not going to bash post-punk, but why does people like it tell me please :| .