Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

How To Avoid Racist Bands?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by TardisPunk, Oct 8, 2012.

1. TardisPunk

TardisPunk Active Member Forum Member

Jun 10, 2011

Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

2. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Oh i hate it when oi bands claim to be unpolitical, its just a bad excuse. I`ve met skinheads that claim they hate everyone when in fact they`re just trying to cover up the fact that they hate everyone and especially anyone thats not the right "race". shady fuckers..
    its not always easy to understand or find lyrics though, I usually just have a look on the web if I`m really not sure about it, but normally i just stop listening to a band when i get the feeling that they`re the wrong kind of band.

3. XxInGrindWeCrustxX

XxInGrindWeCrustxX Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 2, 2012

There is a band called "Anal Cunt". Some of their song are very over the top. They have some nazi artwork on their albums. Since their songs are very humorous, I don't know if they are seriously nazis, or if they are just joking. Does anyone know?

4. nclpw

May 25, 2012

nah they just do it to piss people off, but honestly i think anal cunt is stupid.

5. Nihilist84

Nihilist84 Active Member Forum Member

Apr 14, 2011

There is a thread i think that mentioned some stuff on Anal Cunt. I dont know if they wer nazi's but they are definitely sympathizers and to me thats just as bad

6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Well they did turn out to be serious in the end, Seth the singer was tied to various supremacist groups right before he died last year, it was a case of using humor to poke fun at political correctness but with a double edged sword...very clever and very effective at convincing a lot of youth that it's ok to be a bigot as long as you have a sense of humor about it...fuck Anal Cunt indeed...check out the video of Dropdead's singer taking Seth Putnam out on stage...not for no reason.

7. nclpw

May 25, 2012

hah, i didn`t know! i haven`t heard any of their songs but the titles alone were enough for me not to want to touch it. it makes sense though.

8. CrustCat

CrustCat Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2012

Funny thing that Anal Cunt is brought up.... Dropdead is a Providence, Rhode Island band and still play a lot of local shows. The guitarist (who was in the beand when that fight happened, and rejoined for the final years) of AnalCunt lives there now too and actually goes to Dropdead shows. That conflict is settled. Although that guy is an asshole. He went to a Resistant Culture show and made a comment about how there were two females in the band who could actually play (because it's impossible for women to thrash in his eyes?) He got called the fuck out on that noise. But enough of New England drama llamas.
    I dislike Anal Cunt for the same reasons I dislike GG Allen. Glorifying bigotry by calling it punk or art is the biggest cop out ever. It's not edgy, it's juvenile. And the music isn't good, it's something a 13 year old mall-brat would listen to because it's soOoOo rebellious and offensive.

One thing that puzzles me is I have peers who say they agree with me on my vision of equality, some of them consider themselves to be anarchist with communist leanings, but they rep Burzum. I don't get it. I've avoided listening to them, are they SO good that it's worth overlooking the nasty details?

9. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Fuck no and doublefuck Burzum and Varge whatever the fuck his name is...

10. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    hahahah, I've never actually heard Anal Cunt, and well, with such a juvenile-sounding name I wouldn't even bother listening to them.

11. CrustCat

CrustCat Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah, I hang with people who do listen to them and they have songs like "I went back in time and voted for Hilter." It sounds like it was made by prepubescent individuals, its just goofy chants and generic riffs. Nothing amazing in terms of instrumentals which means people are into it for the subject matter. Which may as well be middle school fart jokes with fascist bullshit mixed into it.

12. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Yeah, something I might've gotten into in primary school haha.

13. nclpw

May 25, 2012

this is gonna be really off topic: speaking of shitty black metal and shit, does anyone know any afbm/rabm? never really been that into black metal, i`m just curious. the only band/song i know of that actually sounds like black metal(and not crust) is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4c-6qfZqB0 and what is that anyway? i don`t even understand the freaking lyrics. all i got was "blaaaaaargh enemy" at 1:35.

14. Dave Samsara

Dave Samsara Active Member Forum Member

Nov 17, 2012
     United Kingdom
    Ive not come accross any black metal that wans't pretty right wing... the whole Odinist thing is linked with fascist groups. Although Metallion of Mayhem was a commie. Before he was kniffed to death by the fascist Varg Burzum. Sigh.

15. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Hey, I like that haha. It reminds me a bit of Bathory. I've never heard of afbm/rabm. I used to listen to a lot of black metal and death metal when I was younger but I still like some bands like Death, Entombed, Sodom, Kreator, etc.

I found this on the Red & Anarchist Black Metal blog:

16. nclpw

May 25, 2012

Yeah its true, a lot of black metal bands are right wing(maybe even most of them, they just disguise it as nihilism), and I just heard of rabm or afbm, thats why i asked. I didn`t know there were any black metal bands that are openly anti-fascist, communist or anarchist.
    Whats the blog called?

I heard that song on a comp called dark punk arise, thats the first time I`ve heard "anti-fascist black metal".

17. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

A good mate of mine actually made this compilation!

There are a couple of anarcho black-metal bands, but as far as I understand, they are punks playing metal and don't come from a metal background. You have Chambre Froide, The Asutrasian Goat, Iskra (who have amazing lyrics, much superior to the average dis-band), Legion 666 and Fall of the Bastards. You also have quite a few punk bands blending infusing crust with black-metal tones, Dazd, Fatum, Dagda and Morkhimmel being among the best at it.

18. nclpw

May 25, 2012

Oh cool! Its really great :D
    Well, still, thanks! It doesn`t really matter what they are to me, I just didn`t know any black metal bands that played afbm except austrasian goat. Thanks for the recommendations! I`ll have a look. I think I found a list somewhere as well, but I forgot which site it was.

19. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
  20. nclpw

May 25, 2012

thanks!