Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

How effecient would an anarchist society really be?

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by killcorporate, Mar 8, 2011.

1. killcorporate

killcorporate Member New Member

Mar 8, 2011

First of all please excuse my ignorance upon the subject, but at least i'm here trying to clarify. From my understanding of anarchy, it sounds like a highly efficient system providing dignity to the common man, but are people really ready for it? I think if an anarchist state did spawn from the rubbles of a fallen state, that the human race is just too fucked up, greedy, selfish, and among other things for it to work. It seems it would be too easy to commit crime within the state and people would happily take advantage of it and ruin a good thing. I have the same feeling towards communism as well. Again, excuse my ignorance but I'm not trying to say this as fact or opinion, i'm just here to learn, thanks.

2. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

That's why it's offten called utopia. Of course we are not ready, not yet. I think that the 'revolution' will be the preparation. This system made us greedy and selfish so basicly if we destroy this system there won't be greed anymore, becouse money is creating greed and it will have totaly diffrent value in anarchy system ( if we will keep the money). We can't avoid crimes, but there will be much less of them, becouse people won't have to do crimes. This is still my problem today, becouse the human nature is unpredictable, and we can't know how will we act in another system, lifestyle. Erm, so what you need to do is give people a very good system that they can live in without crimes, violence etc. It's possible. "I think if an anarchist state did spawn from the rubbles of a fallen state" hmm, first I think we will destroy the state entirely, and then start from beginning meaning we will forget everything that happened in past and we will try not to make same mistakes. Also, I think anarcno-society won't live in a "state", i think state has it's borders, leaders, some laws etc. State creats many kinds of hate ( xenophobia ). So, I think it's wrong to say 'state' but, ok. I know it's not entire anwer to your question, but at least I tried :D

3. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

I think if the general public ever came to a place where it was ready to embrace anarchist ideas that would signify that humankind as a whole is "ready for anarchy"

4. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Even if/when it comes about, it's going to be rocky for a while at first. Not everyone will be ready, but more and more will be as time goes on. Eventually most will embrace it as they see it working and benefitting people. Others will not embrace an anarchist society and will be free to go make their lives elsewhere as they see fit.

5. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Oxymoron, I'm sure you mean "anarchist society". There won't be need for states/nations/ruling bodies/territories/borders etc.

6. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

no offence, but this is kinda a poor question to be asking about anarchism. it's not about how "well" it works as much as it is how little damage its effects are on the world as a whole as well as the individuals, and that those individuals are free to work for their own lives. "well" is a matter of opinion....some people think the United States and its plutocracy works "well."

7. oli

oli Active Member Forum Member

Feb 25, 2011
     United Kingdom
    Generally speaking most people are out for themselves, their families and their friends.

The system in which we live teaches that if you have more in terms of material wealth you will be happier. This is true up to a point, if you are starving you need food; but there are many excessively materially wealthy people who are unhappy.

I find that when I am able to help someone, even if only in a very small way - could just be taking the time to give someone directions to the station, for example, I feel happier; I have achieved something even if small.

I also find that when I am working with people and we are unpaid (in terms of money - growing food or collecting firewood for example) the work generally is enjoyable and the difference between work and leisure becomes hard to define.

I believe in anarchy as a long term goal but think that first we need to think about what really makes us happy and move in this direction; reducing laws in a methodical way and working together, perhaps forming coops with bartering instead of money.

We all need food and shelter, non of us need to be paid money to grow food and build shelter - we can do that together and have fun.......

harming someone else without very good reason is like self mutilation; it is never going to make you happy....

we need to re-educate ourselves before anarchy can work.

8. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
  9. oli

oli Active Member Forum Member

Feb 25, 2011
     United Kingdom
    hay punkmar77 that was a good post...not read it all! but will another time! :thumbsup:

10. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    It already worked and is still working today on a lower scale.

11. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

What happened before, doesn't necessarily have to work today. Spanish / French revolutions did something, and it was a useful lesson. But the time has changed now, everything is diffrent. We will get more resistance from police / government. We are more disunited. I think that revolution will be way more diffrent then ones before.
    It is working today, but not as efficient as it could be.

12. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Hear this a lot, I think its bullshit. Watch people queue up for a bus, there's no rule or law that says they should, nobody there telling them to do it. It's anarchism in action.

13. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Wtf ? You are saying that the repression from the police and government is worse under a democracy than it was under the fascist regime of 1936 spanish revolution where the nationalists were just shooting and killing all revolutionnaries, and it is worse than it was under the monarchic dictatorship of france before the revolution ? Please study history...

Anarchism today in Chiapas, Christiana, Auroville, in some parts of Argentina and in squats, cooperatives and shops without bosses all over the planet is ass efficient as it was before.

14. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

Yes, I think there will be more resistance. There are no arguments, I just have a feeling. And it's not just problem with police / governments, but with people. Back in '36 all the people were united with one goal, nowadays people became selfish and ignorant.

Still, you can't expect an anarcho commune to work well with capitalist system all around it. They still have to pay taxes etc.

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Not at all. Half of the population supported the fascists, that's why it ended in a civil war. Even the revolutionnaries weren't united and that's why the revolution failed. There was confrontation in the streets of madrid and barcelone with anarchists against communists... The anti-fascist side was very divided because of the stalinists supporting USSR and the soviets only wanted to support their camp and dont give weapons to anarchists.... Just watch the movie "tierra y libertad" aka "land and freedom" by ken loach and you will see how it was.

Anyway, if there is a revolution, it means that we will be a LOT of people to do it, so there will not be so many selfish and ignorant people.

As far as i know, zapatists, auroville and christiana aren't paying taxes