Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hitting Women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameson, Oct 13, 2010.

1. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Re: Ben Weasel punches girl!

Try reading it again then.

2. clawvsclaw

clawvsclaw Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 9, 2011

Why, do you need me to correct your grammar and spelling?

3. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

And get to know the fucking board. It's common for related subjects to be discussed in the same thread. That's what we call a "discussion". The topic is about Ben Weasel, but the issue is much bigger. I'll bring up any point I choose if i feel it's somewhat relevant and adds layers to the discussion. If you have a problem with that, don't fucking participate. Notice how you're the only one policing the topic atm? If it wasn't relevant the mods would've brought down the hammer by now. Fuck Ben Weasel! Ok?

Btw, way to address ONE line I typed and ignore the questions. How do you, as a human who happens to have ovaries, feel about women hitting men because they know they can't hit back? Because THAT was my issue, and it was resolved. THAT is what I menat when I said it was resolved, nothing to do with Ben Weasel. I'll say it again: Fuck Ben Weasel, fuck his shitty music and fuck his stupid fucking fans.

4. JoeyV

JoeyV Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 23, 2010

I'm not to sure. I think they had gotten mad because we were jumping around, we weren't trying to get people pissed just trying to have a good time.
    There is ALWAYS someone like that at shows

5. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Ha, no. If you had read it correctly you'd realize I was putting emphasis on size and stature etc over gender. Opposite of sexist. In fact, if you knew anything about me or have read my posts you'd realize I'm against violence in general (aside from self-defence) (***EDIT: Violence against Neo-Nazis is always acceptable). You seem to have this issue with reading the first two lines of something and flying off the handle without comprehending what it means as a whole.

But what do I know? I'm apparently a sexist woman-hater.

6. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

They have to be bad-ass, it's fucking stupid. Anybody who's been to a show knows you get bumped, it's nothing personal. Macho fucks come in both genders, though some people will call you sexist if you point it out.

7. JoeyV

Sep 23, 2010

Exactly!
    This Girl was rough looking & was trying to tell me here dad is in a Hollywood gang and he was going to kick my ass :lmao:
    The funny thing is when I took a swing at them They had the nerve to Yell "This Guy hit me"
    Almost got kick out of the show by security for not letting my gf get stabbed o_O

8. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Did they throw her out for having a knife?

9. JoeyV

Sep 23, 2010

Nah I don't think anyone seen it.I just heard them say something about a knife and seen them passing it around, next thing I know they start rushing at us. Apparently they didn't want to stab me because they could have easily done so.

10. clawvsclaw

clawvsclaw Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 9, 2011

I have issues with people posting all kinds of situations on here that seem to be pointing out when it's okay to hit a woman. None of these situations are what happened in the Ben Weasel situation and are taking attention away from the fact that what this dude did was wrong. You stated that you didn't even watch the video. My ovaries have nothing to do with this discussion.

11. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

The issues you are talking about were ultimately about hitting in self-defence, not about "it's okay to hit a woman". That's what I was talking about, not condoning some 250lb male beating down a 5'2 105 female because he had a bad day. For the 300th time, i don't condone anything Ben Weasel has EVER done, including punching a person with ovaries when he couldv'e had her removed. You're twisting it and making it into something it's not. In fact, that part of the discussion was effectively over, not taking anything away from the Ben Weasel discussion--until you brought it back up.

It was already the consensus that what he did was wrong. I was pretty sure we were all in agreement already. Obviously no attention was stolen.

As I've said before, it's common for us to talk about subjects that are related to the original one posted in the thread. That's the evolution of discussion. I do happen to find this thread more than suitable for the discussion of violence between the genders as that is basically what it comes down to. If you want to start a thread that turns into 6 pages solely on what an asshole Ben Weasel is, be my guest.

12. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

There is a difference between domestic violence, rape, etc. and self defense. I believe this is what everybody is trying to say. No one's trying to justify this Ben guy's actions, because it was obviously wrong, but rather saying that, in certain situations, a man using force against a woman can be completely justifiable.

But keep this on topic with the Weasel fellow.

There is (sadly) already another thread about hitting women.
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5145&hilit=hitting+women

13. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Merged the topics so it's all good now

14. PuroPinchePaisa

PuroPinchePaisa Member Forum Member

Mar 2, 2011

I might get some shit for this one...

Why do some women like being in abusive relationships? i say like because you can walk out of a relationship anytime. its kinda off the subject, but i just want to hear some feedback.

15. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWNOgdl6Yz0[/video]

16. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

It's not just women, and it's not as simple as that. An abusive relationship is about more than just hitting. There's like, psychological warfare involved. They believe things like they CAN'T leave, or they will develop a psychological/emotional dependency on the abuser. The abuser will make them believe that they're not good enough for anyone else, nobody else will want them and/or that they brought the abuse on themself. There can be financial dependecy. There's also the threat of violence if they were to leave, so they end up trapped. Abusers tend to very skilled in the art of mental manipulation.

17. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Hmm, I hope it doesn't bother you if I ask something about sexism and threating women diffrently here, so here I go.
    I had a discussion with my friend, and what I claim is that girl/boyfriend is both you best friend and partner, he disagrees. I meant that, best friend can be anyone either boy or girl or animal, someone you can talk to, someone that understands you ( and stuff what best friend does). But relationship with girlfriend includes sexual intercourse, sexual relationship etc.( not necessarily) I claim that it's not sexist to grab womens ass, as long as it's not a problem for her. I claim that that our bodies mean nothing as long as we understand and completly support each other. I think pennis is like a finger, part of the body and shouldn't be threated like something that's valuable (lol). I disagree with having sex with person you don't know, becouse I don't find it satisfying nor comfortable (what a hard word to say). I'm asexual myself, but I don't think talking about sex is a unpleasant topic. Do you ? :ecouteurs:

Some of you might find this funny, becouse you have expirience - but the question still stands what do you think about sexual relationship and sexism ? I didn't want to start a new thread, and if someone wants to argue with me, please don't. If you don't want to answer, don't, I'm tired of having fights with people this week. I just asked a question, thanks :ecouteurs:

18. grizzlybeer

grizzlybeer Active Member Forum Member

May 13, 2010

Ben was wrong because he hit someone who he didn't have to hit. It has nothing to do with the fact that she was a woman. He would've been wrong for hitting a dude. The problem is everyone is saying he's wrong because he hit a chick which is stupid. Any situation in which it's okay to hit a man means that it is also okay to hit a woman in my mind. There just aren't many situations where I think it's okay to hit anyone.

19. punkmumma

punkmumma Member Forum Member

Mar 18, 2011

Someone taking advantage of someone due to whatever reason is wrong hitting a women, man or child is not good. This was a 15 year old teen and this is pretty low female or other wise. Majority of men can do more harm to a women as they can be physically stronger but women can also hurt a man.
    I will try and answer your question and it is a valid one I think. I am female and I have never been involved in a relationship like that but growing up my family home was like that and my older siblings are or have been in relationships. I could be wrong and I think it is different in every case some people not just females but society this seems very common stay with people like this because that is what they are use to. It is pretty fucked up I know but it is kind of like a Stockholm syndrome thing. I could say it is a result of a patriarchal society and expectations we place on another person to fit into a mould of protecting us instead of protecting ourselves and working together. I do not think any person likes to be in a abusive relationship but it is the cycle of abuse and it is hard for some to get out.

20. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Didnt see that the ben weasel situation was already discussed, my bad for the new thread.

Also, on the subject of hitting women, there was a case on divorce court where this heavy set latino woman (i wrote how big she was because her boyfriend was a toothpick in size compared to her, not that its a bad thing, just drawing a picture for you) was beating her boyfriend because she felt that she had a right to do it because she was a woman, and that if her boyfriend made a mistake, he had to get on his knees and beg for forgiveness. He won like 1500 bucks for emotional distress (which he was suing/divorcing for).

He was also threatened and intimated into marrying her through verbal and physical abuse.