Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hi, a little rant

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Rebellious twit, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

I think its time for my first ever rant i havent prepared myself that much to speak out my mind when it comes to this subject but this will be a rather short rant about:

Who is punk and who is not

Wait why the fuck are you even ranting you may ask yourself: Good question, its because lately ive been reading alot of these posts on this forum and i almost see the same thing with this hatred among other bands i mean something like erm:The Casualties for example , Calling them sell outs because of one interview with Jorge you can find it on myspace i think its still there where he mentions hot topic as a good source of way to get interdouced to punk rock and one of their songs where they hate on crusties and hippies

Interdouced to punk rock: Lets all be clear that we wasn't all born into this movement, i know i wasn't before i became an anarcho punk i used to be a conformative nerd playing video games all day and get corrupted by the media and tv. I did nothing because i dindt care for anyone and i also felt lost, i get the idea that jorge uses hot topic as an example to get interdouced to punk rock he even mentions that hot topic is bad aswell because how the fucking industry exploits people and suppress people, however it was a way of spreading a message out to the mainstream public about our movement i discovered punk through pop punk which i highly disgust now because of the music industry about and all of that shit

Clothing: yeah clothing the studded leather and spiky hair, i remember i went out as a full fledged fashion punk i spiked my hair and torn up my pants to look like the other punks on photos and stuff, i dindt know alot of punk and i certainly thought i was a badass punk which i quickly learned that i wasn't, you must be in it for life 100% with your heart and all of that sensitive shit. So that was why i calmed down abit with my appearence and still had my hair spiked and i dindt go out looking like the stereotype i quickly devolped my own style with inspiration of course, so why should you hate on people just starting in our movement we should at least educate them and tell them they don't have to look like that to be punk and also make an open welcome to new brothers and sisters instead of a fuck off you look like a poser get to know people and don't judge people, we should at least be more open minded than the fucking society we live in everyone one of us have met intolerant fucks looking down on us we shouldnt do that on newer people in the movement we should accept them and learn them about who everyone of us are

Which music to listen to: "OMFG ur not punk cuz u listen to Dead Kennedys they suck green dai for lyfe" - Average youtube comment of one of those intolerant fucks who shouldnt be in our movement
    Okay music: yeah, I like the casualties i'm fucking proud of it aswell, i like Dead kennedys and The Clash and Sex pistols and SubHumans etc etc
    I'm listening to almost everything in punk and i won't highlight anybody and say this is the only band you should listen if you are punk,

Rulesets: We should stop making rulesets of how to be punk we should just be ourselves and respect each other and stuff we should respect each and every one of us as an induvidual and fight the bloody conflicts in our movement and sort them out and help out new punks and not give them a bloody finger everyone was a newbie and i know that everyone has been in the same situation as everyone else we shoulundt play elitists or preps looking for the next victim in the punk movement to bully because he/she isnt "Punk Enough"

This was my little rant and something i want to change i would like people to at least think about this rant and at least attempt to be nice and friendly among newcomers on a forum like this or on the streets and as always

In it for life \m/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h1Fu-J0DUc

Note: Sorry for my bad english and grammar i'll try to fix it as you read this :ecouteurs:

2. lanepain1769

lanepain1769 Member New Member

Feb 13, 2013

3. hazipan

hazipan Member Forum Member

Oct 5, 2011

Well said :) . I'm also the same as u.I discovered punk through pop punk. If my friend did not introduce Green Day to me, I wouldn't have known anything about punk. Before that I did not know anything about punk. Is it ok if I share this post in my facebook? I think those so called 'Punk' police should read this and stop labelling people.

4. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

sure thats fine :)

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :ecouteurs: I'm sorry but there are already a million fucking topics in this forum about who is and isn't punk and really who gives a flying fuck if you think the Casualties did or didn't sell out...don't you think there are much more important things to discuss if you are calling yourself an anarchist? Petty and insignificant distractions...

6. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

i would just like to adress that this topic of whos punk and whos not should stop, i don't think this is a distraction of any kind, if we want something to change we should at least start with our ourselves and look at what kind of conflicts we have in our movement and note i took casualties as an example i'm not here to defend anyone and state some kind of opinon about the band i just wanted to adress that the "Whos punk and whos not" Thing needs to stop and before we discuss thi any further i find the way you respond a little bit rude
    so if you need a hug or anything i'll be here just waiting :ecouteurs:

7. vegan kid

vegan kid Member Forum Member

Dec 12, 2012

The only redeeming quality about the Casualties is that they're a gateway band for pointing people to better things. But even then, there's better bands who do that like Anti-Flag. With all the songs about spiking and dyeing hair, I don't really take these guys seriously. They're just superficial as fuck, you know? If someone wants to listen to them that's fine, I don't care. Doesn't mean that I'll respect the band though.

8. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

I see your point, i don't really like the first album with For The Punx i like their newer stuff it means something and it is something else than drinking booze and have spikey hair, my favorite album is on the frontline because the band actually come out with a good message and something else than just booze.