Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Help Me To Choose! Punk Or A Hippie?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by BlackParad0x, Jun 21, 2011.

1. BlackParad0x

BlackParad0x Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2011

So The Problem is this:
    I just turned 14. And before I listened only to old rock like: Greatful Dead, Supertramp,Ac/dc,The Who,led zeppelin,Beatles,...
    and i was a hippie as well.

But now im having a weird period. I Started to like sex pistols, bad religion, the damned all the old punk rock bands.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12kcpP-8jfM[/video]

And i dont know what i should be
    should i continue to be an hippie or that im going to be a punk.

i need your advice hippie or punk

2. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

hippiepunk :p

no seriously you shouldn't give a fuck punk hippie crust whatever it's all labels you're you and don't let anyone tell you you part of some group and above all don't try to be in one if you want please wear a sex pistols shirt while looking like a complete steriotype hippie for the rest of your outfit just for the sake of irony I think it's probably becouse you're 14 you are struggling with searching your identity but that's no big deal just broaden your horison and find what you like to do how you like to dress and what you like to listen to it's all up to you

\m/

nutz!

3. BlackParad0x

BlackParad0x Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2011

thanks man for your replay i realy like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F-ipYpd53I
    i'm going to make such hair style as the singer
    im thinking of buying a t-shirt of ramones or something or blind religion,....

4. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    Just do what you want to do, dress how you want to dress, listen to whatever you want to listen to, and fuck anyone who tells you to do otherwise.
    To me, the line between punk and hippy is pretty thin, blurring in at least several points, in terms of politics. Musically, punk and the folk/rock music that the hippies were known for is fairly similar, if you really look at it.

5. Green_Destroyed

Green_Destroyed Member New Member

Jun 4, 2011

Start listening to Nausea and Axegrinder and become a crusty...it's basically hippy + punk + metalhead. :thumbsup:

But in all seriousness, just worry about being YOU and do what feels right.

6. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

i have strong doubts that it's possible to "choose" what you are, just ask yourself what your opportunities were if you were living somewhere else or in a different time without todays pop business - and sorry, but you named nothing but pop bands making up your view on the world.
    your "weird" period is nothing less than just growing up, getting around a bit more and leaving the old stuff for something new: it isn't weird, it's necessary and healthy too, nothing to worry about.
    now don't get caught on labels or images, there is a whole world full of sounds and messages waiting to be heard, you'll miss most of it by limiting yourself only to fit another's image, beware of the stuff they sell for a price!

find out WHO you are, not WHAT... good luck!

7. The Freakboi

The Freakboi Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 8, 2011

I pretty much agree with the other posters, don't try to fit any label. If you dress like and listen to music that would have you labelled as a hippy, be a hippy, if you listen to punk and dress like a punk, be a punk, If you dress like a combination, be a crustie and if you don't fit any of the above, don't be any of the above.

8. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v19Nw4KriuM[/video]

9. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

There's not really a lot to add here. You don't need to pigeon-hole yourself to a particular clique. I mean, I like most of the bands you mentioned. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you don't want to be a teeny-bopping pop starlet, you'll be fine (and, even then, if that's your bag, fair enough). I wish my 12 year old brother had your tastes. He says my music is noise and blasts out Bruno Mars while he plays Call of Duty. Un-freaking-believable. Still, love him though.

10. kazmacılar

kazmacılar Member Forum Member

May 7, 2011

don't give a fuck about anything and do what do you like

11. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Watch your language. We do not support homophobe insults here. And I don't see a what is your problem with people who listen to other genres of music. :ecouteurs:

12. stab116

stab116 Member New Member

Jun 2, 2011

Why be a punk or a hippie when you can be a BlackParad0x? You can make your own way, and you don't have to belong to a group. Maybe you will belong to some group eventually, but it'll come natural, and you don't have to think about it that way. And imo you don't have to dress a particular way. I for one like to dress as ordinary as possible, because it's the way you act and think that actually defines you.

13. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

There is really nothing left to add to this incisive gem of wisdom! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

14. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    if you have to ask whether you 'should be a punk or hippie' you will fail at either.

Be your self and you will always be succesful at it :)

15. strontium90

strontium90 New Member New Member

Jun 23, 2011

listen .......punk isnt about labels ..it isnt about wearing a spiky leather and ripped up bondage gear ......punk is a state of mind .....just be your self and dont take shit from the 'suits' of the world ....doesnt make a blind bit of difference what you look like punk, hippie, metalhead skinhead .......

16. Devotchka

Devotchka Member Forum Member

Jun 17, 2011

Dress how you feel like, think as an individual, say fuck you to those that'll try and bring you down, and you'll go far.

17. JoeyV

JoeyV Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 23, 2010

Punk?Hippie?
    Who wants to be that when you can be a pop star
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVnBGRIZSQ[/video]

18. Merrit

Merrit New Member New Member

Apr 13, 2011

Punk and hippies have similar ideals and mind states, but punks usually do shit about it. Hippies sit down, punks stand up.

elahrairah likes this.
  19. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 28, 2010

long live the prejudices!!! jay!! :ecouteurs:

nice piece of generalisation, though.

and for the general topic, not much to add to the previous posters...

20. Frankie½

Frankie½ New Member New Member

Jun 28, 2011

Repetitive, i know...
    Just do you. Wear what ever it is you want, listen to whatever you like, and don't let people determine that for you.