Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello fellow punks

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by leather and studs, Nov 21, 2021.

1. leather and studs

leather and studs Member New Member

Nov 21, 2021
    Male
    Indiana, United States  United States
    Hello,

I was a metalhead since I was 14 when I first got into black metal. Because of that I had always been dismissive of punk. I've been getting into punk over the past 4-5 months and I realized I have been missing out big time! The first band that got me into punk was Circle One fronted by the legendary John Macias(RIP). Circle One and John opened up a whole new world for me and since then I've been exploring the punk music and subculture more and more. I been getting into bands like Adolescents, MDC, TSOL, Verbal Abuse, Youth Brigade, etc. And also more hardcore stuff like Youth of Today, Warzone, Uniform Choice, Slapshot, etc. I've been playing punk songs on my guitar and bass and let me tell you its nice being able to play simple yet powerful songs without the complex and technical bullshit that a lot of metal has. I'd like to get involved more into the culture. I'm interested in going to punk shows as well as possibly joining a band. Thanks everyone.

2. Jellofucto

Jellofucto Member Forum Member

Mar 25, 2014
     United States
    Do you want to know about other cool bands?

3. leather and studs

Nov 21, 2021
    Male
    Yeah certainly. I'm in the Indianapolis, IN area so I'm not sure if there is much of a scene here. I know there is a metal scene definitely but I'm looking for any punk/hardcore bands in the area. I know the rest of the Midwest like Chicago and Ohio have pretty thriving scenes. I'm interested in learning about more bands and the culture in general as well, regardless of their location.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  4. leather and studs

Nov 21, 2021
    Male
    Forgive me if some of the bands I listed have racist or fascist attitudes or some of their members do. I know Aus-Rotten and Leftover Crack are definitely anti-fascist though. I was just telling of how I got into punk that's all. I'm 100 percent anti-fascist and I hate all kinds of prejudice and discrimination like racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.

9 members have read this thread this month

1. leather and studs
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. Jellofucto
  4. Diod
  5. pogo pope
  6. aidenalive
  7. Spike one of many
  8. Ominous-Cryptid
  9. Lucyidoto