Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Greetings from Finland!

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Ileboy, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Ileboy

Ileboy Member Forum Member

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    Hello. I have followed various discussions on this forum for some time now and today I decided, that it's time for me to join in. :ecouteurs:

2. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

hi there so many new people here today it's nice welcome aboard illeboy, what's your favorite punk band :ecouteurs: .

3. Ileboy

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    It's hard to choose just one favourite band, but I tend to like finnish HC the most.

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Well I've gotta say you've got great taste! I've just been listening to Uutuus and they're just fucking SICK! \m/

5. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Welcome Ileboy to APN \m/ and do join the discussions or start your own :D

6. Ileboy

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    Thank's for the warm welcome guys. :) I don't know if it's just because it's my native language, but I think that finnish fits well to HC.

7. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Unfortunately I don't speak the language but I agree.

8. Ileboy

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    Check out my own band Neitseelliset Sikiöt. Actually, there hasn't been any other members beside me for years now. So this is more like my solo project.

9. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Really?? How do you manage to do that on your own? It's fucking excellent! Good old 8o's style finnish HC. I really like it! :D
    Do you have any more stuff?
    Virgin Fetuses? Haha

10. Ileboy

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    The other guys at the band were too pussy to play punk, so I was left alone. :D But I kept writing the songs alone and two friends of mine helped me with the recording and mixing. The other one of them also played the drum tracks since I kinda suck at drums... :D I played all the other instruments and did the vocals too. Unfortunately, those 3 songs are the only ones recorded.

11. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    That's a real pity that they left, it's hard to comprehend. Were they not really into punk to begin with? But I commend you for carrying on despite that! It really seems worthwhile and I hope you find some people who think so too so you can play some gigs, etc. I'm sure there are lots of people who are dying to join a band but unfortunately none in your area? Whereabouts in Finland do you live if you don;t mind me asking? :p
    It's a really good recording quality too, btw :D

12. Ileboy

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    They were more into metal and one guy moved away to study. And that's okay. I still jam with those guys occasionally. This whole project has become so personal, that I wanna keep writing the songs alone. It would be awesome to find some session musicians to play some gigs with. Back when we formed the band it was really hard find anybody who was into HC and the situation is still the same. And for the last couple years, I also have been on the move, so I really haven't even looked for new members.

The quality is pretty good eventhough the recording was done in our rehearsal-place. Maybe even too good. :D

13. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

what are your songs about like can you give me a quick heads up :D?

14. Ileboy

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    Those three songs are about the horrors and stupidity of war and alcoholism.

15. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

okay sounds fucking crusty :lmao: ...

16. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Yeah, "that ain't punk", the quality's too good. ;)
    Which is your instrument of choice, besides drums :p cos you seem equally good at the others, including vocals. I'm guessing that that might be your dilemma and presumably the reason you'd prefer to go it alone? :lmao:

17. Ileboy

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    I'm equally BAD with everything I play... :D Guitar is my main instrument, but if this band would perform live, then I would do the vocals.

18. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Haha, that's what they all say, but from a listener's perspective both instruments sound really good. Or you could do both: lead + voc or bass + voc. Shit, I'm pretty sure I've even seen a band once where the drummer was the vocalist. That must surely be the most difficult combo. But yeah, if you do only one thing, you should definitely do the vocals!

19. Ileboy

Jun 26, 2013
     Finland
    And since they are my lyrics, I feel that I should be the one screaming them too.

20. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Absolutely.! :ecouteurs:
    How is the finnish punk scene doing these days by the way? Has it grown or is it declining?