Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Green is the color of money

Discussion in 'Documentaries & Movies' started by ungovernable, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    http://anarchotvdrive2.org/drupal5/?q=en/node/15102

This film argues that as environmentalism becomes mainstream, corporations and well-funded environmental organizations such as Greenpeace work hand in hand to divert the public’s efforts into futile market-driven solutions.

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I found this while searching greenpeace. I remember seeing something somewhere, I think on submedia.tv about them that portrayed them as counter-productive, and I was trying to see if that was covered here somewhere. I was going to apply for greenpeace after seeing it on the nonprofit section of Craigslist. I'm still trying to see if I can dig up any dirt before I do so. What do you guys think, and know about greenpeace?

3. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Also, I'd feel a little weird making money for "activism" but it'd at least be better than working for many other things.

4. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

It depends, I'm involved with Greenpeace and sofarin each Greenpeace organization of each country works completely independent. They are tied into donators in China, which actually has a mixed record of environmentalism (they put up more wind turbines/solar power plants than any other country, i think they put up one every 24 hours, but they also put up a record number of coal plants), and the New Zealand Greenpeace was responsible for having people removed from their native island after New Zealand government asked them to endorse a "marine protection zone" in one area. Greenpeace agreed, though I doubt they knew of the indigineous population. That's about it, though. There's probably more.

I'm not sure about actually being completely counter-productive but I'm sure in many instances it is two steps forward, one step back as again, you are not working with a locally based group. I work with them for change in my local community, which is where all activism should be rooted if you ask me. They provide me with resources, and they may have a national agenda, but they can assist me with my local community.

-Peter