Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fundamental question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, Dec 17, 2009.

1. instantlybent

instantlybent Active Member Forum Member

Dec 16, 2009

i dont agree with that decision either (if you read my post in the other thread youd have already known that), if for no other reason than it takes away ungovernables voice (however much i or dan or whever does or doesnt gree with him (or her?)) and not only do i feel like theyre entitled to it, i also feel like it added fuel to the fire here and gave you guys another thing to be pissed off about and thus prolonged this unfortunate episode. but one difference is that i have been insulting to no one here and i refuse to do so. ungovernables comments to me since i started posting here havent been that bad i guess (they havent out-and-out called me dirty names, for instance), but theyve been pretty rude, condescending, assumptive, evasive and rather poorly thought out. again, if you create a public forum dont be surprised when you are asked to justify your own existence.

for ungovernable, again, you never answered any of my questions and im under the impression that you do host another website that does have torrents of my old band, so why am i not entitled to a discussion? because once again, i am not against file sharing. you said "bands should come to you and share what they felt about it". well, here i am, and youre not treating me seriously. so that leads me to conclude that your statement was bullshit, that you ARENT communicating with bands. you could mend some fences here but you have such a chip on your shoulder that you stubbornly refuse. and sure, dont take insults, i wouldnt either. BUT I DIDNT INSULT YOU, and again, IM NOT DAN. so stop hiding behind that, its getting you nowhere.

i wont, however, be surprised if i do get banned or this thread gets locked. but i WONT stoop to childish name calling, so give me real responses or ban me in blatant disregard to what youve already said about your moral high ground. i work at home and have a lot of time on my hands. :D

as for this lawsuit. im genuinely sorry to hear about it, that sucks. i honestly, again for maybe the 7th or 8th time, respect the effort, and wouldnt have a clue how to do it myself. but i never claimed you "arent diy" and in fact repeatedly complimented your work here. SO THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. and youve sidestepped the issue again....

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Hahaha and what do you base this on ?

It's not profane existence here. I know you're used to live under a dictatorship where decisions are taken by only 1 supreme authority and where everytime someone critize the admin or the website he get banned and censored. Welcome to anarcho-punk.net, dude !

Banning or censoring you never even came to my mind. And i wonder why you would think that, since we never censored anybody, and we didn't ban anybody except a radical islamist supporting terrorism who was sexist and homophobic. And we banner him (her?) after a collective decision.

I was answering Theoldpunk, how the hell am i "sidestepping the issue" when i do what you asked me to do : answer the peoples in this thread. Well that's what i'm fucking doing

3. instantlybent

Dec 16, 2009

oh, and i missed this one. again, calling me dirty names wont make me go away. YOY INDEXED MY BAND. THEN YOU INVITED BANDS TO CONTACT YOU. then i did so. and totally in the spirit of what YOU are doing. i said "i support filesharing". i took your tantrumish little tirades on the chin, because clearly your pride has been hurt. but dont lash out at me, i didnt do it. and frankly theoldpunks arguements make a lot more sense to me so far than yours, and fairly free of ad hominem retorts as well, even though you said, what was it, "fuck you grandpa" to him. and i never implied you made a profit; you said "we get nothing" and i showed that to not be entirely true- you get donations that are consequently reinvested into your project to cover your expenses WHICH IS THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEBODY BUYS MY BANDS ALBUM. see, we're not so different after all! and to be fair im sure youve downloaded the bulk of the material here yourself, being a fan too(im assuming).
    as for dan, i defended him here as a person, and defended his general motivations, because they deserve defending. i DIDNT defend everything hes ever done nor did defend his actions with you. i DO know that your personal and unfortunate misunderstanding notwithstanding, hes fundementally a good guy whos doing what he think is best for "the scene" if you want to call it that.

4. instantlybent

Dec 16, 2009

okay, fair enuf, i made an assumption, perhaps an unfair one. but i based it on the FACT that again, ive come here with good intentions and have said nothing insulting or unfair and youve reacted in a fashion (to ME, not any other person here or otherwise) that i found to be unreasonable and incredibly reactionary, especially since, essentially, im doing EXACTLY WHAT YOUVE BEEN CLAIMING BAND MEMBERS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO in regards to your torrents; talk to you directly about it. are you so unused to being challenged that this is how you react? and you insult dan and pe? youre doing exactly what you criticise him/"them" for doing and i challenge anyone here to REALLY read what has been written by me and you in both this thread and the other one and objectively tell me that youre being more reasonable than me.
    but contrary to what you may want to believe its pretty rare that people get banned from the pe board (by the way ive been on it for about 6 years and ive seen maybe 10 people get banned?). and when they do its supposed to be for expressing abusive, sexist, homophobic or racist views (and generally is). and there are actually lots of mods there (at least 10) so no, its not a "dictatorship" (although i must admit your excessive use of wildly over-the-top terminology has made me chuckle more than once throughout the course of this "discussion"). anyways your assertions are kinda exaggerated and for the most part unfounded. for instance, there was a HUGE debate about a BIG and PERSONAL conflict between dan and another band whos name i wont mention here on that board- dan was furious with them and it was actually way more dramatic than this one- i took their side more or less, and he didnt ban me. were actually still quite good friends. and ive had arguements with people HES friends with on the board.
    look, what you really should do is admit there are two sides to this, think about constructive criticisms, offer your own and go only upwards from there. this is the reason i came here in the first place.

5. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Dude you see insults everywhere or what ???

The first part of my message was obviously addressed to theoldpunk since he's the one saying i misunderstand proudhon's theory and he's the one who insulted me.

The "i like the expression "fuck you"" part was irony, just like your irony when you say you like the way i just got insulted.

If it's all about your band being indexed, then go talk about this story on QuebecUnderground.net because your band isn't on anarcho-punk.net

.... Or maybe you don't want to, because you know that your WHOLE scene support file sharing, and you also know that NONE of the bands we indexed (over 500) complainted that we didn't contact them first. They say "thank you" instead of making big dramas.

Oh yeah right !!

Proudhon says "proprety is theft"
    The old punk says "yes but proudhon doesn't mind proprietary label who support private proprety, ungovernable is just misunderstanding" without bringing more arguments

and you say it makes more sense !!

Sure

The old punk said it so, so it's true !! let's forget what Proudhon said because the old punk is so much smarter

Start by making the difference between auto-funding and profit then maybe we can have an intelligent debate...

I don't get donations for the downloads i get donations to auto-fund the server.

If you think it's the same thing than a label making profits i think i'm just gonna stop answering because this is ridiculous and stupid.

not sure..

I uploaded all the albums myself, i have those bands on my computer since years and years.

And again this bring us to the same thing : punk rawk hero.

Who was here to defend me when i was being insulted and called names on PE ?

hahah, and curiously nobody are saying the same thing for us, but it's exactly what we're doing. Why the fuck do you think we made a bunch of different websites to download punk music ? To get rich taking donations ? To get famous in the scene hoping to become a punk rawk hero some day so everyone can lick our butt like dan's and have an army or sheeps who mindlessly follow us, proudly willing to give away their money as soon as we need it even if it's for no reason ?
    No. It's because we want to help this scene and because we love it. And on top of all it's to spread the message, because young punks who get into the anarcho-punk movement might be future activists we will see on our sides at the protests (after all, that's how most of us got into it). And THIS IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE FUCKING PROFITS OF SOME LABEL OR SOME RETARDED STORIES ABOUT ASKING A PERMISSION BEFORE HELPING, after all it's the reason all of us should be doing what they're doing today.

6. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    didn't see this post:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: go tell this to the members of our other forums. We aren't profane existence, we are very used to criticism and our members express different point of views.

Even on anarcho-punk.net we had big debats and opposed points of views that were VERY differents.

Yup, exactly.

Like i said when i get hit on one side of the face i will not show the other side so you can hit me again (this is a french expression)

That's how i am.

I even find it incredible i have kept my calm and not insult anybody during 20 pages of debates (the topic that was censored), so seriously stop saying i can't debate normally, i've done it and Profane Existence and their members proved they couldn't answer me without insults and other random bitching

hahaha, i started to "care" about this forum only a couple of months ago, and i've already seen a lot of censorship, arbitrary bans, and i've heard a LOT of stories about dan censoring peoples that critize him (some of those stories were even told by profane existence members, some of them having 1000+ posts)

Add to this "censoring anarcho-punk projects that aren't exactly fitting with profane existence's views and ideas" because they censored the URL of our website everywhere a few days after the launch.

This is a arbitrary dictatorship, i would personally never participate in a forum like that

Dan took the decision himself about censoring anarcho-punk.net and banning Ghost In the Void. It's called arbritary. It wasn't a collective decision, it wasn't auto-management, it was all but done in the spirit of anarchist values

Why is the term "dictatorship" abused ? That's exactly how it is.

Prove me wrong.

profane existence is managed in the spirit of anarchism ? Well that means auto-management

Where can i view the finances of profane existence ? Where can i see the proof they need money ? Where can i participate to the collective decisions ? Where can i say my word about the censorship of anarcho-punk.net ? Where can i elect new moderators ? Where can i vote in the collective decision concerning Profane Existence official positions about file sharing and free downloads ??

The answer: You CAN'T take part to these decisions. Because everything is decided by 1 person, everything is in the hand of 1 person.... THE AUTHORITY, like you said youself.

First peoples say "dan is the authority" and "it's dan's forum and he does what he want with it" and then you pretend he isn't taking all decisions....

Same for you.

Accept that other peoples have different views about file sharing and distribution of it.

7. instantlybent

Dec 16, 2009

1- your language has certainly been unneccesarily confrontational, anyone can see that.
    2- i dont care what happened there, this is here and now so stop hiding behind that.
    3- I AM NOT, FOR THE 12TH TIME, AGAINST FILESHARING. I AM FOR FILESHARING, JUST RESPECTFUL FILESHARING WITHIN OUR COMMON COMMUNITY.
    4- your pe thread was locked because it got out of hand on both sides, not because you are a persecuted victim.
    5- im not defending pes administrative structure, nor am i unquestioningly supporting dan.
    6- i DO accept that people have different visions of file sharing. perhaps i need to say it again, i am not against file sharing. why do you think i came here? i know you may assume that its because of your charm..... not so.
    7- you claimed earlier that you are involved in quebec underground. if that is in fact not true i stand corrected on that point. but thats a weak way out of this debate for you and i think you know it.
    8- why do you feel youre entitled to review pes finances? thats absurd. its not your business. if you for some reason dont believe dan dont give him your money.
    9- again, i accept different visions of file sharing. YOU need to accept that bands who MADE the fucking music in the first place should have a say in how its done. even a child could understand this logic.

and with that said, im off to do donuts in my porche whilst lighting cigars with 100$ bills. see you tommorrow though!

8. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Anyone can see that you don't back your arguments with facts, my band Diatribe is on this site and I'm honored for the opportunity for younger punks to be able to listen to roots D-beat......for free. As far as PE's finances its called transperancy, they claim to be anarchists what have they got to hide? And I'm sorry to say you have a bad case of 'the last word'. Also you claim to be all sweetnes and light, "I'm not insulting anybody "etc etc. then you say "Even a child could understand this logic" meaning what? If we don't agree were even more juvenile than children? Thats insulting...your insulting. Hey now Profane Existance and Metallica can join in the fight against illegal downloads and be unstoppable together.
    :D

9. chesticles

chesticles Active Member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

what the hell i thought this was a topic of theft
    and ungovernable you were just ranting in another topic about PE of how downloads werent theft because were trying to spread the music and punkrock isnt a job..

alright so if you have property/capital ie. beer, belongings, food, earned from your hard days work; its anarchist for people to steal from you? and that makes it okay? just because your in a better position in life? what? what happened to independence?

10. chesticles

chesticles Active Member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

ok thanks.
    thanks for not being a condesending dick.

11. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I think you misunderstood Chesticles, he was using that quote to illustrate how its wrong to steal, even among anarchists

12. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    YOU have chosen to register here only to confront and critize us and find only negative aspects.

This is a stupid argument.

Even the big majors tell us the same bullshit

Even Sony and Walt Disney will say "hey we're not against file file sharing, we just want peoples to ask us authorization first" ! (and then say no)

Either you are for against sharing, either you are not.

Yeah sure. And that's probably why Dan PE made a new thread to bitch us like 2 days after ?

And why the current thread where everyone is talking shit about us wasn't locked ?

Your arguments are contradictory with the facts

What i assume is that you came here only to take part in this fight. You said it even yourself, without this story you wouldn't be here.

Yes exaxtly its not my business just like anarcho-punk.net isnt your business, so why not leave each other alone

Why i want access to Profane Existence's finance ? Well because this is supposed to NOT be a dictatorship, so i assume it is automanaged in equality and following the true basis of anarchy........ right ? no ? oh well..

THEY DO HAVE THEIR FUCKING SAY !!!

They can request anytime to have their stuff removed
    Or they can come talk shit about us and call us thieves like PE peoples
    Or they can come here and give us lessons like you do...

13. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Uh yes, so what ? I'm saying the exact same thing here

Nice copy and paste of profane existence forum moronic posts who doesnt understand anything of kropotkine and just copy and paste random quotes

Listen, kropotkin's ideas are everything is to everyone. Read some shit about collectivism before talking about him

And even thought he wrote some good stuff, Kropotkin was an idiot for many reasons. So fuck peoples who worship him like god.

Kropotkin signed the "manifesto of the 16" and agreed to support state militarism during the first world war.

Then he made some alliance with the bolcheviks to moderate his anarchism so it isn't a nuisance for the communist, and a couple of anarchists followed him.

Kropotkin is not bad, but he was also highly critized by others anarchists like Errico Malatesta, Voline, Sébastien faure, etc...

Not even talking about the period where he took part in the creation of Arichnov's platform with Nestor Makhno and this is where is born Platformism

But neither you nor the peoples who posted this random quote on PE heard of that because all they can do is google random quote to disform anarchists thought at their avantage

Kropotkin would still be ashamed to see this, him who wrote so much about mutual aid, collectivism, and sharing goods with peoples who can't afford it.

14. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    You guys think Kropotkin would have agreed that peoples who use his wirittings without authorization to distribute free propaganda are thieves ??

You think he would have made a big drama because some anarchist grouped together all the texts to make a big database like anarcho-synthesist Sébastien Faure did when he made the Anarchist Encyclopedia, featuring texts of all the most famous anarchists ?

What if someone claimed that "the international" song or the famous anti-fascist resistance hymn "a las barricadas" shouldn't be available for free and anybody who is a revolutionnary can use, re-use, distribute, re-distribute, these songs ?
    Everyone would find it ridiculous... Why ? Because those songs are meant to represent ideas and be used as propaganda tool..... But isn't it what ANARCHO-punk is supposed to be about ?

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    "No answer ? I'm disappointed..."

I thought you wanted me to answer everything and write big messages with a lot of arguments..

Well, here it is...

16. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    He went back and gave a report to PE about what a jerk you were to him....read it for yourself. Honestly Ungovernable let it go, these guys are never gonna be happy no matter what you do... you read his rediculous grandiose statements about his "journey" through punk rock land. How we dont understand because the majority of people on PE are either in bands or promoting or running DIY labels and were just a bunch of hicks who don't know better. Fuck'em. I still love them for being fellow punks but as far as their politics I've lost a lot of respect for them and their VIEW$.

17. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I see. What a pussy.

He want a big message with a lot of arguments to prove him i can answer, and once i do it he run and go back with his group of sheeps on Profane Existence...

18. instantlybent

Dec 16, 2009

a "pussy". i see. the bar is raised once again by mr ungovernable.

what i wrote at pe for the record (directly cut and pasted):

"...ive logged onto ap.net and tried to engage in a constructive conversation with them. some of them are being reasonable and there ARE cool things about their forum (especially multi-lingual forums in greek, russian, french, german, quite a few other languages as well). i cant say that "ungovernable" has been forthcoming with any real dialog as of yet but perhaps some of you would find the thread interesting (but please dont come to troll if you dont want them to do so here). they are a collection of people and only the more vocal seem to have come here. anyway, i feel like this whole thing has gotten super petty and it makes me sad ......"

youre, well, stupid if you see that as me talking shit about ap.net.

19. instantlybent

Dec 16, 2009

.... meaning my logic is very simple. if you use something someone made, its polite to ask first, particularly in a small community like this. and because your band is okay with it everybody is? your logic is somehow more clear than mine? because that doesnt make any sense. otherwise if my language was offensive to you i apologize, but much shittier language hasw been used against me and others (besides dan) at pe.

and its funny that even though ive repeatedly said im for filesharing and am not dan or speaking for pe that you guys keep lumping me in with that arguement. im clearly not taking the same stance as dan, if youd stop being assumptive and reactionary youd see that.

20. instantlybent

Dec 16, 2009

1- i have repeatedly and sincerely complimented your work and forums during this discussion. you have repeatedly ommitted this fact, and it nullifies your whole arguement of me coming here to insult you.
    2- punk doesnt run by the same ethos as disney or the "majors", nor should it (rather obvious?) so thats a pretty weak comparison. also its an entirely different act altogether to take an unliscensed copy of "the lion king" as opposed to the "police bastard" ep.
    3- "either youre for or against" anything is a very simplistic way of looking at almost any issue, with obvious exceptions. im FOR shoplifting SOMETIMES in a certain context for example, and against it in others.
    4- i dont think dan or pe really needs to be justified through the lens of your quasi-anarchist rhetoric. BUT if you had a personal dispute with him, thats too bad. its also too bad that youve let your insulted ego cloud your ability to have a constructive discussion about this with anyone else.

also sorry i forgot to enter this discussion yesterday. crashed the porsche, spent the whole day on the phone with my insurance people.... what a headache.