Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

fuk reading?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by jass, Aug 26, 2010.

1. jass

jass Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

anyone off to fuk reading fest?

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

What is it?

3. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

It's a punk festival in Reading, UK. (It's pronounced redding - not reading, as in reading a book)
    Took me a while to get it and I only lived about 30 miles from there. I thought what's Jass on about fuk reading? I then put two and two together that she comes from just the other side of Reading, from Newbruy. I googled it - link is here http://www.reknaw.com/

Btw click on the bands and it gives you a huge list of the bands that have played the festival, together with their myspace profiles or web addresses. Some are broken links but other aren't. I downloaded a 7" for free and legel from the band Hello Bastards.

4. jass

jass Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

its in london! fuk reading because its against the real reading festival in reading, because there just scammers that take all your money and charge £100 tickets and put on the mainstream bands etc.
    so reknaw fuk reading is the one to go to its in brixton. good bands playing too.
    dont think im going to go anymore, train tickets expensive! so im just going to go to another gig in september to see the virus and the bus station loonies in london instead.

oh also there is another gig on saturday in london, benefit gig for the greek anarchist prisoners.good bands playing contempt,discarded,blood drunk,falling down,deathdrop,agnosy.

5. nodz

Apr 4, 2010

Ah I didn't put two and two together there. I wondered why all the venues that the bands were at were in London.
    How much is it for a train ticket from Newbury/Reading to London then, that precludes you from going to the show?

6. jass

jass Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

trains tenner eachway so 20 quid for train,(and thats a child ticket! adult is double the price!) then the public transport underground/bus etc..
    and i dont have a job at the moment, so im saving money until i get a job which i hope is soon >.>
    but yeh shame i wanted to go coz its for a good cause .. but i should save money..

7. nodz

Apr 4, 2010

$40 quid alone for trip to an from london. Bugger that is expensive, we pay $12 for a trip that length (about 5 quid) and it would be valid for the underground and bus as well!

8. jass

jass Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

pffs tell me about it.. englands well expensive for transport. londons the worst..
    ohh i see are u from america then ?

9. nodz

Apr 4, 2010

No, not quite. Australia. Born in Scotland, Lived in High Wycombe. Emigrated to Australia

10. jass

jass Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

cool!