Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Frustrations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bakica, May 30, 2010.

1. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

I need help, or just your opinion. Sometimes I get this strange feeling that I hate everything, everyone, that I am anti-social. Im walking down the street so angry and frustrated, most of the time I dont know why. I ask myself why should I be good when others are not? can I make any change ? are people really good? I dont know. so I become sad, sometimes I even think about it whole day. I guess some of you can understand me. I want something, dont know what. most of the time I think about todays system so I get irritated. so I was just wondering if you guys can help me, recommend me something to get rid of those bad feelings. i love playing guitar and I spend most of my free time playing it but still..i need some hobby but I dont know which. I want to here your experiences. did you have any of these problems ( I mean it isnt really a problem but it makes me think a lot and I lose my self sometimes and its hard to get back in normal).
    Thanks.

2. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

I have been there. For me it was a symptom of depression which was in turn a symptom of PTSD. It took me years to figure out that what I was feeling really wasn't what I was feeling if that makes any sense. You may want to seek help to look further into your emotions if they are having a negative impact on your life.

As for a hobby that will help, try volunteering. I volunteer at the local soup kitchen 2 times a week. You definitely get a feeling that you are helping, that you are doing something to help your community. Is it going to change the world? Probably not. Are some kids going to go to bed that night with full bellies because of something you contributed to? Absolutely. I believe that if real change is to come about the first thing we need to do is to feed the hungry.

In any case, good luck.

3. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Apart from Ghoul's suggestion what works for me is a decent mosh-pit or a martial arts workout.
    I thrive on frustration however and sometimes just have to channel the excess.

4. OB Soul

OB Soul Active Member Forum Member

May 23, 2010

Besides art, a good record and all of the above I have found cooking to be a very centering and relaxing activity. something about preparing the ingredients and hearing them sizzle in the pan and the smell of the spices really takes me away from those bad vibes.

5. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

hang in there kid.
    To me though thoughts sound like some sort of anxiety. I get really nervous in social situations and generally find myself thinking similar thoughts.
    All the above suggestions are great. Usually I sew, the repetitive stitches are really calming. I also use excise to relax, especially cardio and pilates, but i do like OB Soul's suggestion of cooking (if i could that is). Its all about finding what works for you, and try not to let those thoughts get to you too much.
    Good luck

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    masturbate... the solution i offer to most posts like this :ecouteurs:

7. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Think of it this way... your not the only one with problems, we all have em, we all deal with em, you aint special. Or think about this... at least you dont have the constant threat of waking up to having your leg being blown off and seeing your father being blown through a wall as his guts fly everywhere

8. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

yup I've heard you say it around three times now :)

but on a serious note, you can read or you can watch funny stuff (Stand-up, Vids of people getting hurt etc).......or you can just masturbate, its the easiest and cheapest medicine to depression. (imo) In fact...I gotta go take care of something right now....

:ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

9. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

you could masturbate while watching videos of people getting hurt and you could work that into a stand up act. It's all about multi tasking.

10. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Have any of you tried meditation to get a solution for a problem or a chance to get your thoughts back in line? It's worked well for me in the past and I don't understand why I didn't think of it sooner.
    There's loads of ways you can actually do it, all you need to do is focus your mind and be completely aware of what you're doing (whether that's sitting still or moving around in a repetitive way). I don't really like the empty-mind meditation that's become popular recently, 'cause I can't shut off my head, what I CAN do however is focus it :)