Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Call Out for Anti-Capitalist Actions at the G20 in Toronto

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by ungovernable, May 13, 2010.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Wish I could, but there is no way in hell I'd be able to get to Toronto.

3. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Against the crisis here! Against the crisis everywhere! Let’s unite!
    ATTACK THE G20 – TORONTO, JUNE 25-26-27 2010

Montreal, February 2010 – We won’t pay for their crisis! A new anti-capitalist alliance calls for mobilization against the “Group of 20 (G20)” summit attended by leaders of the planet’s 20 largest economies next June 25, 26 and 27.

Under the auspices of this type of criminal institution, the rulers of this world decide how to perpetuate the current system of economic and political domination to benefit a handful of rich bankers, financiers, businessmen and politicians, all over a few bites of caviar. In the meanwhile, they keep exploiting and starving the remaining 99 percent of humanity, repressing populations and groups that resist, destroying millions of lives with impunity and devastating the planet.

In Canada, various governments have taken advantage of the economic crisis to further slash social programs, to raise user fees, to transfer the burden of unpaid work to women and to make the poor and the working class pay for the debts that they’ve incurred by handing out subsidies to businesses, whose bosses have been stuffin their pockets laughing. As thousands of workers lose their jobs or their pensions, as women and undocumented migrants are pushed further into precariousness, as hundreds of migrants live in fear of repression and deportation, the ruling class still goes out of its way to convince the populace that it has some sacrifices left to make!

A people’s anti-capitalist convergence was born in Montreal in January 2010 to fight back against this new attack by governments, who were quick to take advantage of the ruling class' economic blunders to further impoverish us. This May 1st, for the third consecutive year, a large anti-capitalist demonstration will be organized in Montreal for International Workers’ Day. This convergence of anti-capitalist groups and individuals has also decided to respond favourably to the call-out sent by activists in Toronto, and to organize resistance to the corrupt capitalists and politicians of this world who are set to meet during the G20 summit next June 25, 26 and 27 in Toronto.

An important mobilization and awareness-raising campaign will be organized by June 2010 against the social, economic and environmental crises we are burdened with from the local to the international level. Let’s attack the G20, but first and foremost, let’s unite to build strong links between the multiple struggles that our groups fight on a daily basis against capitalism, patriarchy, colonialism and all forms of oppression!

*** We ask all groups and individuals who are interested in supporting or getting involved in this campaign to attend the next ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING which will take place on TUSDAY, JUNE 1st @ 6pm at UQAM, pavillon de gestion, room DS-1520 ***

This call-out is the initiative of activists from differeny groups affiliated with the PGA (Peoples’ Global Action) Bloc in Montreal. The convergence, as well as the meetings and organization of this anti-capitalist campaign, are based on the PGA’s founding principles and respect an anti-authoritarian organizational model – groups and individuals who join us must respect these principles.

For more information, see: http://www.clac2010.net/ - blocampmontreal@gmail.com

4. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

Sorry I can't get there because it's a long swim from Australia. But good luck.

5. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

ya im tryign to fin some friends who are down to go to this hopfully i will be able to get somehting going. there has already been an rbc bank explosion and the group said that they intend on doing much worse at the g20 meeting

6. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Sounds like some action has already gone down.
    Namely the fire-bombing of a bank...

http://ottawa.indymedia.org/en/2010/05/11233.shtml

and as usual, a great deal of solidarity from the liberal/reformist/hippy and trot 'left'.
    'oh noes, not the ultra violent anarchists!' those 40 kiwi bastards have been busy... lol

fucking hell, good on the bastards! its not like any workers got hurt.

7. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

A few statements of Solidarity:

and...
    bring the lulz
    sauce: http://ottawa.indymedia.org/en/2010/05/11257.shtml

further:
    Fucking hell, anyone here from Ottawa, or even Kanada?
    Ungovernable?

Does anyone know who the editorial collective at the Ottawa Indymedia site are? And why the fuck are the printing such reactionary bullshit?

Everyone knows it is the lack of solidarity that assists the State in prosecuting activists. Disagree if one will, but keep that shit inhouse!

Any thoughts?

8. deadsmart

deadsmart Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 19, 2009

I live in canada but I live 3 provinces west of ottawa, ontairo. I live in alberta, the home of the environmental wasteland called the "tar-sands projects" or "oil sands".

When I watched that video yesterday morning I did in fact smile at the part they mentioned the tar sands (which they stated that RBC helps support). The Alberta Oilsands have a huge and negative impact on the environment and the government won't do fuck all about it because of the money they make.

Just a few months ago hundreds of birds died during migration because the oil companies werent following the slack "laws" on them for drilling/refining oil. To me it seems no one (like the general population of alberta) gives a shit that Alberta is literally helping destroy the planet via the oilsands, and especially the candadian government won't do anything about it.

As for the fact that group did the "firebombing" I don't say its terrorism, they were simply making a point.
    No one was injured, the people involved probably even checked to make sure no one would be injured(the media would never mention that though). All that happened was a building was tarnished, and a strong point was made. No one was listening and they wanted to be heard globally, they're not "forcing" a POV, they just needed something to grab attention .

It was like tapping them on the shoulder and saying "Hey fuckheads, we want you to know that we've been watching and we're sick of this shit. See you next month"

9. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    The GRC just confirmed a couple of minutes ago that there will be FOUR sonic cannons at the G20 of toronto. the same sonic cannons that were used against pittsburgh protesters. fuck off.

10. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

sonic canons. wow thats how scvared they are. because they know if people really wanted to get into the building then we would go in. thats why they needs big ass canons to fuck with you. pussys

11. namptar

namptar Member Forum Member

Apr 5, 2010

what is a sonic canon ? wtf, it sound to me like a futurist killing weapon !? isnt it ?

12. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

from what i can understadn it shoots out a high pressure sound wave. like a stud bomb it messes with the pressure in your ears and its makes everyone if effects very dizzy and disorinted. enough to even fall on the ground. it gives you crazy headaches and can even blow ear tubes and shit liek that. its liek a reallllly loud bang that fucks with your ears. becasue the ears are what make u balance and when they are out of wak your head gets unbalanced and you fall holding your ears in pain. its bad news.

13. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSMyY3_dmrM&feature=player_embedded[/video]
    this is the sonic cannons from pittsburgh G10, the same that will be used in canada

It is a military weapon. it was used against honduras ambassy and provoked vomitings, bleeding of mouth and ears, and other symptomous. You can also lose the use of your ears.

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

It is also used against somalian pirates

14. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

fuck that must be brutal when your infront of the truck. thats when you try and bust that cock sucker with a rock or somthing. as much as i dont liek getting crazy at protest. when it comes to that thing. im throwing a fucking rock at it. i bet one hit on that dome will bust it. the only thing is getting the ability to aim and throw a rock at it with that fucker blairing away....

15. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

That's fucking scary! Horrible thing... Heard about them before COP15, there were some rumors they would have this thing there too but if they did they didn't use it.
    Let us know what happens.

16. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

Damn, is there any "anti" or "repellent" available against this thing like BB pellets, rocks/slingshots, or even earmuffs? Using water cannons is one thing, but shit, a sonic cannon?

17. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Now when going to protests not only you have to cover your face, wear gasmask and protest your eyes, but you will also need to protect your ears !!!

soon we will have to go to protests with a body armour (actually we should already wear a body armour seeing as how unlethal bullets can hurt)

too many cops, too little justice !!

18. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

What the hell is this? Just like some futuristic films with Big Brother-like governments ruling with iron fists, vaguely similar to a dystopian movie/book if you may.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwmX5O- ... re=related

"I hereby declare this to be an unlawful assembly"

As one commenter perfectly stated: What's the point of the right to protest if we can only do it when and where the government decides!? That's entirely against the point! What happened to our freedom?

19. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

oh god. i dont see people showing up to protests with bullet proof vest being good at all. the cops will be like oh i gues we can shoot them now

20. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

dude, fuck sonic cannons.
    That shit is ridiculous. There must be something that can fuck that thing up.