Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Brazil, 15th day of March

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Replicante, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Replicante

Replicante Member New Member

Mar 15, 2015

Have you heard about protests in Brazil today?
    Let me say some things about them:

Our president, Dilma Rousseff, was re-elected last year by aproximately 51% of the population on the 2nd turn.
    People from all country complain about her goverment, and their main complaint is about her being a "communist".
    The real thing is: she is not a comunist. I don't know if there is a word like this in english, but she is a 'populist'.
    Well... that 49% of the people here are on the streets today, asking for her impeachment. It would be a wonderful thing to see people finally doing something for the country, Dilma is not a good president and the only one who could be as bad as her is Aecio, the guy who lost for her last year. But it is not a good thing. Most of people in the streets are asking for a millitary intervention. I would understand if it was the first time, but we already had an intervention like this in the past.
    The year was 1964. For 21 years we lived a dictatorship here because of this intervention. Anyone reported as communist or anarchist or only against the government would be exiled, if not tortured and/or killed. Now people are in the streets asking this to come back, with signs written "Save us from the communism" or "Brazil will not be a new Cuba!".

I just wanted to inform people from other parts of the world about this happening. I'd like to know what do you think about this and what would you do in my situation. I can't see a way out and I'm afraid in less than 2 years a dictatorship really happens if people here keep this way...

PS.: I'm sorry about my bad english, I'm just learning the language.

2. Replicante

Mar 15, 2015

PS2: Forgive me for sending the same topic like 5 times. It was not my fault, i had a problem with my internet connection and when I saw I had already sent all this times

3. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    thanks for posting this info...

It seems like the right wing docent want the left wing in power, they lost the election and this corruption scheme appeared and now they want her out. As the opposition on the street sees it, she of course will be replaced with an honest right wing politician and brazil will once again be good...

you say "49% of the people here are on the streets today" that would be a huge number of people... were do you get this number from?? i looked it up and reports say around 300,000 across brazil were on the streets...brazil bopulation is around 203,222,653...i dont want to do the math but is that less then 1%?

you ask: "what would you do in my situation.?" Organize with anarchist and non anarchists for whatever make come?? and for what is going on now??? What were you doing when the world cup was going down in brazil???

here is another thread on this site abot brazil: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10417

4. Replicante

Mar 15, 2015

It's not like 49% of our population in the streets, sorry if I couldn't express it the right way. The people who were on the streets were part of the 49% who lost the elections.