Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anarcho-Punk.net is censored by facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ungovernable, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    WHAT THE FUCK.... i just realised that our facebook page is gone...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WWWANARCH ... 7488131859

Facebook deleted our page without any reason and didnt even advise me about it..... FUCKERS

This happen a few months after they censored our main anarchist journal www.resistance.tk

Try it by yourself, try to post a link or any message including our web addresse http://www.resistance.tk or http://forums.resistance.tk and facebook will popup a warning message saying you cant post this link.... Fuckers.... Tens and tens of members sent complaint to facebook about the censorship but they never answered us, they didnt even give us a reason why they censored our website...

FUCK FACEBOOK..... This anarcho-punk.net page had almost 1000 fans.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

2. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 28, 2010

wow. now while this is fucked up of course, for me it's just another reason to never join facebook...

3. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

For some odd reason, I feel slightly proud.
    Buy why us? We're harmless. We'd never hurt a fly.

4. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    with the number of vegans on this site, you'd think they would have realized this... :ecouteurs:

5. ManoloXines

ManoloXines Member Forum Member

Apr 8, 2011
     Portugal
    Why am I not surprised?This takes me back to when I opened up a page for my band(Crise Total) as a few people kept asking why we weren't there so when I finally did in order to get some music uploaded there and under the disguise of the copyright bullshit they make you send your I.D. photocopies or something along them lines,I ended up sending an old utilities bill from an old address of mine and after like 2 and a half months it got loaded on the music player,talk about having way to much information on people,not that I'm too worried as I no longer reside there but still...crafty bastards!!

6. thatpunkchick

thatpunkchick New Member New Member

Mar 20, 2011

Wow, that is fucking ridiculous...Facebook has a lot more they could 'take care of' before worrying about a music/opinion based website support page!
    fuck that! :ecouteurs:

7. Hailey Edge

Hailey Edge Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 7, 2011

I've come to realize that Facebook is so biased in their opinions of what is decent and what isn't that I'm past the point of ever taking anything I read on facebook seriously. Even when my facebook friends post articles on the news feed I can't bring myself to read them in the 'facebook environment', I literally must navigate away from the page to read the article. As an example of my rage; at one point I had a picture of myself in a sports bra standing in a lake on facebook so that the only bare skin shows was my stomach arms and upper chest, almost immediately it was taken down and I was emailed saying something along the lines of, if I were to post another provocative picture I was to be banned from facebook. Now not to sound sour towards all those more socially accepted as 'attractive' people on my facebook list but what about them? I see new pictures every Sunday of females and males alike at bars with little to no clothes posing in less than conservative ways. I have nothing against this, I just don't see why the admins of facebook get to go by a case by case basis on what's deemed appropriate and what isn't. Similarly towards the Anarcho-Punk group, I am sure there are a lot more 'Woman Make Me A Sandwich' groups to worry about than our poor community.

[/rant] I just read this over and realized that it was relatively irrelevant but oh well, I'm having a terrible day and just want to complain about everything.

Off topic but...
    I'm vegan, I kill bugs... I want those fuckers OUT of my garbage. >=(

8. JoeyV

JoeyV Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 23, 2010

9. bennion

bennion Active Member Forum Member

Mar 2, 2010

ha ha i just tried to see if i could post the Westboro Baptist Chruchs site on facebook and it let me. homophobic mother fuckers

10. Mike Nobody

Mike Nobody Active Member Forum Member

Apr 28, 2011
     United States
    Wow, Facebook is actually worse than MurdochSpace! I guess I'm keeping my accounts there after all.

11. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yes facebook is definatly worse than MurdochSpace... They censored two sites from our network (anarcho-punk.net and resistance.tk) and never gave us a reason...

MySpace used to censor www.resistance.tk but we wrote to them asking why they censored us, and after a couple of mails they uncensored our website. Facebook didn't.

Fuck facebook.

12. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Political Facebook Groups Deleted On Royal Wedding Day

13. SenI

SenI Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 4, 2009
     Russian Federation
    It's crazy... Even so what you wanted to expect by social network like Facebook, which is being supports itself at the expense COMMERCIAL advertising? It is not surprising that the moderators facebook will delete web-pages by left-wing organizations.

14. Mike Nobody

Mike Nobody Active Member Forum Member

Apr 28, 2011
     United States
    I never see a shortage of right-wing ads. Sarah Palin and Donald Trump may as well buy the damn thing with all their ads on it.

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    wow shit... fuck facebook, they should center their efforts on deleting right wing pages and other racist/nazi bullshit... i see nazis and racist pages on facebook all the time..

16. SenI

SenI Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 4, 2009
     Russian Federation
    Yeah guys... Shortly time, we must to create their own a non-profit of social network. And I think it's good help for all the anarchists in the communication and quickly find out news and political environment.

17. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Does anyone know if any radical right-wing groups got closed down? This is bullshit.

18. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

some EDL groups/pages got shut down; I also remember some facebook group used to ask members to post links to racist pages so they could ask for them to be removed, with some success I think

*edit: here's the group:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=224695990280

also still going strong is the campaign to change the Australian flag to a giant dick:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=280283187830

19. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    i had this project for a very long time... just need to find some time to do it...

20. SOADcore

SOADcore Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 29, 2011

I can still post links to Anarcho-Punk.com still. Won't let me post links to the Restince forum though.