Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

aliens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrunkSquid, Oct 31, 2010.

1. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

discuss

i myself think that it is possible there are actually aliens with a humanoid form, but the only explanation for that would be that those are humans that have evolved so much throughout time, that they take on the form of a small grey very thin person with a large head, and these humanoid aliens in fact are just evolved humans (a different species then) that are travelling back in time, via some sort of dimensional rift or something.
    but anyway i don't think that the idea of some god-like humanoid race donating life to earth and spreading around seeds throughout the galaxy is feasible, because of what knowledge has been attained on our own evolutionary history. i do think it's possible that non-humanoid aliens donated organic matter however. i also think it's possible life began from non-life. and in fact i don't think this has anything to do with spirituality or metaphysical, supernatural or other superphysical existence. obviously something like that has very little in common with what actually physically happens. what i am saying does conflict with *specific* "great faith" type belief systems for obvious reasons.
    i do however believe that it may be possible there is some "god-like" species that has evolved/adapted to a point where they no longer have use for physical bodies and are only physical energy. i don't see how this isn't possible considering that ecologies on other celestial bodies would be extremely different than this one. :ecouteurs:

2. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

human beings have evolved, just as all animals have, from one celled organisms, such as bacteria, which were the first living creatures on this planet. one celled organisms came from amino acids and other microscopic materials combining through chemical reactions via the environment (in this case, extreme hot water heated from things like underwater volcanoes). the water itself was created through extreme heat, like volcanoes as well. the volcanoes are created from radiation in the earth, which is also because of great heat from elements such as silicon reacting with other elements such as iron. the intial heat came from the earth spinning at high speeds (it started much smaller than what it is now). so, with this in mind, the question is can it be re-created? and are there ideal conditions for these re-creations.

in my opinion, there is other life. it's almost egotiscial to say were are the only life forms, but since i have not seen non-earth life, and there are no hard-facts to prove me wrong, i wouldn't really know myself. but possibilities are endless in a seemingly unending realm.

in terms of time travel, i'm with prof. hawking...one cannot travel back in time because time is actually distance traveled through a single motion rather than what we perceive time to be (a definite past, present, and future).

i was acutally watching a movie created by hawking and others that was talking about other life. hawking says it's almost a 100% chance that there is other life (of course, that's what he says, i'm not sure myself). however, the development of that life is uncertain. hawking had an interesting point that our world would most likely be invaded rather than explored, and if there was a more advanced life that could do that, it would want our resources because their home planet might have been drained of its. in fact, there might be a chance that humans will do this in future if our planet doesn't have any resources.

hawkings had kind of an anti-politics and pro-environmental message in this program. he scoffed at the government's inability to have any real progress. i'd be interested to know how hawkings feels about anarchism or another ethical approach to humanity, or if he is like those scientists who don't fucking care about anything except experiments, money or false progress.

3. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

Funnily enough, me and a bandmate were talking about this last night. I mentioned to him that a while ago I had read something about a study of current human evolution, how because of increased use of computers, television, and video games is causing us to develop longer thinner fingers, a larger prefrontal cortex, and lighter skin because of less time being spent in sunlight. And we thought, what does this sound like? The stereotypical "little grey/green men" image that many have of aliens. So we came up with this theory that these aliens are actually human descendants from the distant future, and that they come back to study our time for history classes (which explains why they're usually so small, because they're school children).

4. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

hell, if i was a hypothetical humanoid alien from the future, i wouldn't let my children do that, it sounds dangerous, lol.

5. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

If humans and all the other animals evolved on earth, why wouldn't other creatures evolve on other planets...especially when there's so much space in the universe. And somewhat on topic I heard an interesting theory stating that what started the evolution of life on earth was carried here on an asteroid that crashed billions of years ago...I wish I knew more about this theory (in particular it's goddamn NAME haha)

6. seitan

seitan Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009

didnt you guys realise the alien myth is just another right wing theory to keep us all as law abiding citizens? in times like these, your government needs you!

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Save it troll...

8. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Mar, when I read your posts, I read them as if the guy in your avatar is saying it, and the voice is Frylock from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, because it looks like that.

Just thought I'd share because it's rather awesome.

9. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

holy fuck i thought i was the only one who noticed the frylock resemblance.

10. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    FRYLOCK! \m/ Emiliano Zapata with a mohawk and earing....

11. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I read all your posts in frylocks voice.

It's very entertaining.

12. Malignance_is_bliss

Malignance_is_bliss Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Jun 10, 2010

lmfao! I love that show.

given the size of the universe as we understand it today, there is more of a possibility for extra-terrestrials to exist then for them to not. I believe it's rather narcissistic to believe the only intelligent life is on Earth.

I actually thought something similar to this myself, almost like in the future, when time travel is developed, vacations can be taken in the past to witness historic events etc.
    Ray Bradbury's The Sound Of Thunder illustrates that idea, although they go hunting dinosaurs and shit.

13. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

interesting fact: scientists have recently found that DNA can evolve in non-phosphorus conditons, such as arsenic-based enviornments.