Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

65% of Americans....

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by DrunkSquid, Aug 17, 2010.

1. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

....believe that creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the normal public school ciriculum... wtf?
    It's easy for me to believe though that 55% of Americans believe that god created humans 6000 years ago. I just had no idea about the ignorance of overwhelming evidence people would have and believe that their religious belief system should be taught alongside evolution, this must be a joke. I believe the result for most Americans is that they end up being hateful and divisive if they choose to believe in some of these things because it is the premise of this theistic belief system, it is also a diversion from natural beauty that can be found without any dry, cold and walled off religious notions but simple observation of our world which is fascinating and full of wonder, etc.

I could tell that in philosophy class, I was probably the only atheist. one day the teacher wanted everyone to describe to her how evolution works and what it is, and she will draw it on the board. of course it ended up looking silly because of the context it was being presented in and also due to the fact that everyone obviously was either ignorant or just stupid and can't understand what they have been taught although the former is more likely.
    what would happen if we tried to describe creationism? draw some poofs here and there being shot out of heaven or something? give me a fucking break.
    also microevolution is the same thing as macroevolution. it's evolution. ask any sane biologist who isn't American. your immune system is evolution. and an animal's ecology helps to determine it's slow mutations as a species. they have even found that people who have lived for many generations in extremely high altitudes in central asia have a unique adaptation in their bodies.

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Well if you poll the members of the Westboro Baptist Church your # would be even higher....I would venture to say DrunkSquid, that the poll you are sighting is probably skewed by conservative leanings can I ask where you pulled that percentage from?

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    statistics are complete bullshit, and can be manipulated to say whatever you want them to.

4. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

90% of the Anarcho-punk.net community disagrees with your statement

5. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

iv alwase been down for the whole we were seeded here by aliens theory. i unno it seems cooler. they are watching us as lab mice in a giant experiment.

6. Wooly

Wooly Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 24, 2010

They could show it on TV, it would be the greatest reality TV show in the history of the universe... they could call it "Big Brother Planet" or something.

7. easy e

easy e Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 30, 2010

although i'm sure the statistics are not completely accurate, i have a hard time believing something like this wouldn't be true. the majority of americans still claim to be christian, and although how devout they are would be a factor, i'm sure a lot of people would love for something like that to happen.