Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'D.I.Y. - Creative section' started by The Freakboi, May 9, 2011.

1. The Freakboi

The Freakboi Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 8, 2011

Okay, so I recently started uploading movie reviews to Youtube. Unfortunately, the reviews will be delayed for the time being until I get my Mac fixed (push comes to shove, I could use Windows Movie Maker, but there are so many bugs that editing may get very frustrating) but here are the two I have so far:

Driller Killer
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cm66zYVQnM&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Suburbia
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FYg_nV2fyE&feature=relmfu[/video]

Films I intend to review next:
    Repo Man
    Videodrome
    Akira
    Hardware

My criteria is generally films with either a focus on punk culture or just movies with a general punk feel to them. Oh, also, no big-budgeted films, I'm sticking to low-budget movies.

Feel free to suggest any movies for me to do. Even if I don't do a video review for them, I can always post written ones.

2. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Return of the Living Dead
    They Live

3. The Freakboi

May 8, 2011

Actually, I really wouldn't mind doing They Live. Not so keen on doing Return of the Living Dead. I'm happy to do tongue-in-cheek films, but I don't really know if I could objectively review something that wacky. It would be like doing a serious review of Army of Darkness or most Troma movies, it just can't be done.

4. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

all you have to say is that the evil dead trilogy ruled,
    and the world will agree

5. The Freakboi

May 8, 2011

lol that's the problem, I'm trying to fill 3 minutes with these reviews. I could probably manage a review of the original evil dead but the sequels, along with most Troma movies, are difficult to review because they remain awesome despite almost every element being awful when looked at objectively. I can't explain why these movies are so great because I'm only human!