Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

A video game about anarchists

Discussion in 'D.I.Y. - Creative section' started by jaemuzzin, Jan 31, 2013.

1. jaemuzzin

jaemuzzin New Member New Member

Jan 31, 2013

I decided the world needed a video game where the anarchist is the good guy. I stayed up many nights and created this video game. Its a free game that runs on android devices, you can download it for free from the google play store, search for Skyriot or visit this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... riot&hl=en

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj9jljtGZ1o[/video]

2. Ammon

Ammon Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 6, 2012

Oh My God, thats awsome :lmao: so cool \m/

3. sugarandspikes

sugarandspikes Active Member Forum Member

Jan 20, 2013

Whoa, that's so cool! Well done to you!

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Hey, man that's really, really awesome! How long did it take you to make that? Amd did you make it from scratch or did you have some kind of a program to make it, like a kind of game engine or editor or something?

5. jaemuzzin

jaemuzzin New Member New Member

Jan 31, 2013

I'm glad you guys are excited about the game!

I did make it from scratch, I couldn't find a good platformer game engine for android. I'm a professional programmer so the programming part was relatively easy for me, what took along time was the art, which I made myself using animation "templates". Basically I drew new clothes on the characters pixel by pixel, animation frame by frame. For the background tileset and some other graphics, I used public domain licensed graphics from opengameart.org. The game took me about 6 months, working on it about 10 hours a week. It could have been shorter, but a lot of ideas ended up not being good and didn't make it to the final cut.

I've been an anarchist for a long time and was tired of all the pro-cop, pro-soldier bullshit we see in too many video games. Also tired of all the "crime" glorification type games like GTA. We need more anti-authoritarian themed games, as well as books, stories and everything else.

I will be releasing the source code and pictures as open source soon. Visit my app page every so often to see new anarchist games I make.

Take care!

6. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Pixel by pixel, lol. Oh, 6 months doesn't sound that long for 1 person! Yeah, well it's always like that I guess, you'll always end up changing stuff & trying out new ideas, etc.
    Yeah, you're right about all that pro-soldier hero bullshit. "Ourah!" and all that crap.
    Sure man. I wish you luck with your future projects!

7. stukovthetuna

stukovthetuna Member New Member

Dec 11, 2014

I like that i could download it without any special permission, that never happens lol, awesome btw.