Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Greece Anarchists Uprising!

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by punkmar77, Dec 16, 2010.

1. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Lawlz,

lrn2protest

2. sludgefuck

sludgefuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2010

Honestly I don't think rioting in the US would do anything. The few people that would be willing to riot would be massacred on the spot by the police and the media would sensationalize it into a "terrorist attack" and use it as an excuse to tighten the leash wrapped around our civil right's throat....

I really don't see how anything could possibly change in the US. I don't feel like I'm being pessimistic, just realistic. The real enemy is not the shadow government, the police state, any sort of fascist hate group. It's the american people themselves. The overwhelming majority of americans just do not give a fuck. They are perfectly comfortable letting unseen faraway forces rule their existence so much as it means they can buy a cheeseburger for a buck and jack off to artificial people being grossly overpaid to do the same meaningless bullshit they do on a daily basis. For fuck's sake, not only do they not care about what's happening, but they actually look down on intelligence. How could any group, no matter how big or how powerful, possibly combat that level of ignorance?.It's unprecedented. I've never seen anything so hideous in my life. These people need to DIE, not be helped.

3. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

I would not paint it that black - watching the u.s. from our little far away corner in europe (which isn't that bright too) - there are small ripples running, the resistance against the war is rising, the minorityimmigrantblack movements are working and organizing in a very impressive practical way - sometimes I wish we could get some development support workers from them to push things here a bit faster, we still have too much of a head but lack the body to get all the brains moving, especially with the fists.
    And the brainwash-satisfaction with the cheap burger and the forgoing of using the brains, ('cos it's evil and dangerous and too much of an efford, ect.) may not work forever - just imagine what would happen if the u.s. state would have failed so consequently like the greek one and all the anger catches up with the tv-flight from reality...
    The greeks invented the "democratic state" 2500 years ago - but an-archia too, so everybody else has to make up their lead first!

4. JoeyV

JoeyV Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 23, 2010

Now you got it all wrong
    yes Americans care to much about there personal lives than to give a fuck about whats going on around them
    but there is something you missed.
    once our government interferes with with these people lives as telling them what they can and cannot do [like what they are doing now] then it becomes something personal.
    then they will have a choice of acceptance or Freedom.
    Only time will tell what will happen from there on.
    as for being "massacred" by police. Yes I Have no doubt in my mind that it would happen.
    But as I see it, Its better to die for your freedom than to live like a slave.

5. sludgefuck

Oct 18, 2010

Dude what country do YOU live in? In case you didn't notice, our lives ARE being interfered with. We already ARE having our rights taken away. The government does horrible shit to our faces and worse what we can't see and the american people either do not know or do not care. Maybe in the twilight zone americans would care if their rights were taken away, but not reality friend. And you're not understanding the point about being massacred. I'm not saying I wouldn't die for a cause I believe in, it's just that it would be over in 2 seconds and it would be completely in vain as the media would make up a story about it instead of reporting what really happened. Think outside the box.

Maybe I am painting it black. But the reality is a dark dark shade of gray at the very least....

6. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

People throw away their civil liberties for a false sense of security. The patriot act is a fine example of such, and I'm sure many more bullshit bills will be passed in the future until we become some sort of complete security state as in V for Vendetta or 1984.

As for the later, I'm just waiting until the days a war lasts only 15 min....
    I hope it doesn't come to that.

7. JoeyV

Sep 23, 2010

Im from usa, and actually I did say that our lives are being interfered with you must have missed that part. Obviously the people in America are not really doing anything about how our government Interferes with our lives at this point. But all I'm am saying is people will stand up for themselves at that critical point. Get me? Now I Did not say that ALL Americans will revolt against there country. But I think its safe to say that about %50 percent of Americans do not like their government at this point. And I don't see our government loosing up there security any time soon, so I see the percentage going up.Don't get me wrong though, I am not standing up for these stupid sheep or discouraging your opinion, just stating mine.but also I think at this point in our lives anything could happen. As for being massacred. who knows what will happen. we will just have to wait and see.

8. sludgefuck

Oct 18, 2010

I saw your point, but it's highly contradictory. What is this "critical point"? The founding fathers would've said that we passed this "critical point" decades ago. If the atrocities committed by the state are tolerated now, what else is left that would now suddenly be "too much"? You're not getting it man. There is no such thing as "too much" with these animals. Much more than 50% of americans do not like their country. That doesn't change anything. The percentage could be 100%, still no change. You are giving these people entirely too much credit. They're not intelligent like you and I. They see a video of a cop mercilessly beating the shit out of a teenage girl for no reason and instinctively begin to laugh and make a spectacle of it, not even for a second considering it could easily be them in that position. They are brainwashed from birth to find solace in trivial pursuits. The condition is not stabilizing. It gets worse and worse with every generation. It's not even so much that they don't care, it's that the world outside of TV does not exist for these people. They're at the mercy of big brother for strength, knowledge, and love.

Secondly, we can't wait until the conditions get worse for people to wake up and revolt. It has to happen NOW. Don't you see that as every day goes by, our ability to bring change is weakened? This can't wait because eventually 1984 will happen and it will be IMPOSSIBLE for any counter revolution. Fuck it's nigh impossible now. The only thing we can do is spread the word as much as possible, work on unifying all the groups into a tightly knit network and start terrorizing society. I say we bomb TV stations first. The revolution will not COME, we will BRING it.

9. JoeyV

Sep 23, 2010

The critical point for most Americans I think would have to be something like , "either you follow us or die" a point where everyone will have to make a choice whether to Have acceptance or Fight back. I am not saying "I" Believe that we haven't passed our "critical point" Trust me I can feel the pressure of our Government. I am simply stating that these people don't care what happens to anyone else but themselves and it will take something harsh to open their eyes, and they will at one point revolt but when it is too late but revolt none the less. But who knows right? MY opinion maybe be wrong. Buts its just MY opinion. also I never said we should wait for conditions to get any worse. I personally think that things cant get much worse than this, death itself would be better than living like this, and Yes I am aware that people like you and I know that the time to fight back is now. also I like to think this site is a thightly knitted unified network of activist and anarchist from all around.

10. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Is Anarchist Violence on the Rise in Europe?

By JOANNA KAKISSIS / ATHENS Joanna Kakissis / Athens – Sun Jan 2, 9:40 am ET

No one was hurt when a powerful bomb tied to a stolen moped blew up Thursday morning outside a court building near central Athens. But beyond the material damage to nearby buildings and cars, the familiar images of fire, thick smoke and smashed shop windows were a reminder to Greeks of just how badly 2010 had gone. "Seeing those images makes you think, Jesus, this is just going to compound all the problems we already have," says Ted Couloumbis, a professor emeritus of international relations at the University of Athens and vice president of a prominent Greek think-tank, ELIAMEP. "Tourists will stay away. Investors will be scared off. It's the last thing we need right now."

That's no understatement. Weighed down by debt of some $400 billion, Greece narrowly avoided default earlier in the year by asking for nearly $150 billion in international loans. In exchange for the loans, which were granted by the European Union and the International Monetary Fund in May, the Greek government applied drastic spending cuts, tax hikes and labor reforms to shrink the deficit. Those moves not only deepened the country's recession, but it added fuel to growing grassroots anger and frustration. (See pictures of angry protests in Greece.)

Much of Europe is in a similarly tight and tense financial situation. Across the continent, anxiousness about slumping economies has sparked waves of public protest, some of them violent, a few even deadly. And, says the European Union police agency Europol, it appears to have fed a growing number of attacks by militant groups who identify themselves as anarchists or far-left rebels. Between 2008 - which saw the height of the global financial crisis - and 2009, Europol recorded a 43% increase in attacks by militant groups in the E.U., most of them in Italy, Spain and Greece. "There is anger because there is so much disillusionment, and there is always a small group of people who will take guns and explosives and elevate violence," says Mary Bossis, a security expert at the University of Piraeus. "They want to hit what they perceive to be a weak state."

In Greece, authorities are working to stop the trend. Police spokesman Thanassis Kokkalakis says a crackdown in 2010 has helped bring the number of domestic terrorist attacks involving bombs or shootings in the country from 23 in 2009 to 12 in 2010. He added that while no group has yet claimed responsibility for Thursday's blast outside the Athens court building, counter-terrorism police are investigating the incident. "We are going to continue cracking down on the anti-establishment sources that feed this kind of terrorist activity," he says. "These are just a few criminals. Greek society is against them." (See more on the anarchists who claim to be behind the bombs in Rome.)

Two urban guerrilla groups which continue to vex authorities are the Sect of Revolutionaries, who were responsible for the mob-style shooting of journalist Socratis Giolias outside his home on July 19, and the Conspiracy of the Cells of Fire, who in November sent parcel bombs to several foreign embassies in Athens and to prominent European leaders such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Greece has a long history of anti-establishment violence from far-left or extreme anarchist groups, especially since 1975, when the Marxist guerrilla group Revolutionary Organization 17 November gunned down the CIA's station chief in Athens, Richard Welch. Greek authorities finally shut down 17 November in 2002, and most of today's groups have only been around for a few years. Revolutionary Struggle, which emerged in 2003 and tried to attack the U.S. Embassy in Athens in 2007, has written in its communiques that it opposes imperialism and globalization. But other groups like Sect of Revolutionaries and Conspiracy of the Cells of Fire, which have emerged in the last couple of years, are not as focused. "They are at war, but it's not clear with whom," Bossis says.

By no means a unified force, Greece's anti-authoritarian groups work in small, tight cells that communicate with each other by text message and email, and via the activist media Web site Indymedia, says Brady Kiesling, a former U.S. diplomat who lives in Athens and is writing a book on political violence in Greece. Sometimes acts of violence like the embassy parcel bombs are messages of solidarity between the groups, Kiesling notes: "That was self-referential performance art."

In Italy, the Informal Federation of Anarchy, or F.A.I., sent two letter bombs that seriously injured two people at the Swiss and Chilean embassies in Rome on Dec. 23. And on Dec. 27, bomb experts defused an explosive device sent to the city's Greek embassy. The F.A.I. has said it sent the bomb to the Greek embassy to show solidarity with 13 suspected members of the Conspiracy of Cells of Fire who face trial next month. Meanwhile, Italian police say an F.A.I. cell named after Lambros Fountas, a suspected Revolutionary Struggle member killed by Greek police in March, sent the earlier embassy bombs that caused the two injuries.

But in a letter posted on the Indymedia site on Dec. 28, three jailed members of Revolutionary Struggle - Pola Roupa, Nikos Maziotis, and Kostas Gournas - denounced the act for its random violence. "We were organizing [our actions] in such a way so as to avoid injuries of people who were not among our political targets," they wrote.

Such repudiation, however, won't influence the new generation of urban guerrillas, says security expert Bossis. Constantly trying to form new cells and groups with no clear ideology, "they are angry with average Greeks for going along with austerity measures," she says. "But as so-called revolutionaries, they offer nothing but violence and anger, and they don't seem to care about innocent bystanders." (See the top 10 inept terrorist plots.)

And most Greeks already feel like innocent bystanders as they face the country's worst economic troubles in decades grimly - but peacefully. "Greeks are numb right now, but there is determination and maybe a glimmer of hope that this crisis will force real changes," says Couloumbis of ELIAMEP. "No one has the patience for senseless violence."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110102/w ... 9204040300

11. Sirfuckyou

Sirfuckyou Member Forum Member

Oct 31, 2010

may the fall of the greek government fuel the fire of anarchy worldwide..
    amerikkka will fall in time <3

12. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

13. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Anti-anarchist raids in Athens

14. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

15. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Updates from Greece

There was another general strike today. Lots of protests, occupation, and confrontation with the police. A protester was injured and he's at the hospital, his situation is critical.

http://www.occupiedlondon.org/blog/2011 ... he-police/

http://www.occupiedlondon.org/blog/2011 ... -hospital/

http://www.occupiedlondon.org/blog/2011 ... in-athens/

Over 150 anarchists occupied the hospital to protest. 3 police officiers were at the hospital and the anarchists beaten them up
    http://forums.resistance.tk/showthread.php?p=86942#post86942

Anarchists published the first communiqué of the occupation of refectory at Propylaeum Athens
    Available in french here:
    http://forums.resistance.tk/message.php?t=10417
    (can't find an english link)

16. JesusCrust

Apr 17, 2010

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEilkHcm2tE&feature=related[/video]

17. JoeyV

Sep 23, 2010

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFshfFSuXII&feature=player_embedded#at=15[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pSAm3LEuKI&feature=feedu][/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoWj-6NR4O0&feature=feedu[/video]

18. slother

slother Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 27, 2011

19. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Athens buildings burn as lawmakers weigh austerity

[​IMG]

ATHENS (Reuters) - Historic cinemas, cafes and shops went up in flames in central Athens on Sunday as black-masked protesters fought Greek police outside parliament, while inside lawmakers looked set to defy the public rage by endorsing a new EU/IMF austerity deal.

As parliament prepared to vote on a new 130 billion euro bailout to save Greece from a messy bankruptcy, a Reuters photographer saw the buildings engulfed in flames and huge plumes of smoke rose in the night sky.

The air over Syntagma Square outside parliament was thick with tear gas as riot police fought running battles with youths who smashed marble balustrades and hurled stones and petrol bombs.

Government officials warned that Greeks faced "unimaginably harsher" sacrifices if parliament rejected the package, which demands deep pay, pension and job cuts, when it votes later in the evening.

But on the streets many businesses were ablaze, including the neo-classical home to the Attikon cinema dating from 1870 and a building housing the Asty, an underground cinema used by the Gestapo during World War Two as a torture chamber.

As fighting raged for hours, protesters threw homemade bombs made from gas canisters as riot police advanced across the square on the crowds, firing tear gas and stun grenades. Loud booms from the protests could be heard inside parliament.

"Tear gas has reached the parliament chamber," said leftist lawmaker Panagiotis Lafazanis.

After days of dire warnings and threats of rebellion, parliament began debating a bill setting out 3.3 billion euros ($4.4 billion) in wage, pension and job cuts this year alone, to secure funds Greece needs to avoid bankruptcy next month.

Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos told parliament that the alternative to the international bailout - bankruptcy and a departure from the euro zone - would be far worse for Greeks.

"The choice is not between sacrifice and no sacrifices at all, but between sacrifices and unimaginably harsher ones," he told a stormy debate expected to run well into the night.

One small party has already pulled out of the coalition of Prime Minister Lucas Papademos in protest against the terms of the rescue package from the European Union and International Monetary Fund - Greece's second since 2010.

A number of lawmakers from the two biggest government parties, socialist PASOK and conservative New Democracy, have also threatened to rebel but their numbers did not appear to be enough to sink the bill.

Greece needs the international funds before March 20 to meet debt repayments of 14.5 billion euros, or suffer a chaotic default which could shake the entire euro zone.

"GREEKS HAVE RISEN!"

But many Greeks believe their living standards are collapsing already and the new measures, which include a 22 percent cut in the minimum wage, will deepen their torment.

"Enough is enough!" said 89-year-old Manolis Glezos, one of Greece's most famous leftists. "They have no idea what an uprising by the Greek people means. And the Greek people, regardless of ideology, have risen."

Glezos is a national hero for sneaking up the Acropolis at night in 1941 and tearing down a Nazi flag from under the noses of the German occupiers, raising the morale of Athens residents.

"These measures of annihilation will not pass," Glezos said on Syntagma Square, visibly overcome by teargas and holding a mask over his mouth.

As is usual in Greek protests, only a small fraction of the crowd fought the police but one group started a fire right in front of a tent where first aid workers were preparing to care for the injured. "Cops, pigs, murderers!" chanted the crowd.

Police said 14 injured protesters were taken to hospital - including one who was hit in the stomach by a flare - and at least 50 were treated at the scene for breathing problems caused by the tear gas. At least eight police were also injured.

Inside parliament, Venizelos said: "Anyone who wants to remain in the euro zone must abide by some rules.

"The law must be passed by midnight because come Monday morning, the banking and financial markets must have got the message that Greece can and wants to survive."

SHRINKING REBELLION?

According to lawmakers from both the Socialist and the conservative party, some deputies who had threatened over the past two days to reject the law have changed their stance.

"The number of dissenters looks shrinking rather than growing," one deputy told Reuters. Another said: "The situation is too delicate - nobody can really be sure until the beans are counted."

A deputy minister who declined to be named said he expected more than 200 lawmakers in the 300-seat parliament to approve the law.

The bill has riven the ruling coalition and deepened a social crisis among Greeks already hit by cuts and tax hikes to ease the country's huge debt burden.

During the debate a Communist Party deputy hurled the pages of the bill on the floor of the chamber and in fiery exchanges Venizelos warned lawmakers: "If the law is not passed, the country will go bankrupt."

A BOTTOMLESS PIT

The EU and IMF say they have had enough of broken promises and that the funds will be released only with the clear commitment of Greek political leaders that they will implement the reforms whoever wins an election potentially in April.

Euro zone paymaster Germany ratcheted up the pressure on Sunday. "The promises from Greece aren't enough for us anymore," German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said in an interview published on Sunday in Welt am Sonntag newspaper.

German opinion polls show a majority of Germans are willing to help, Schaeuble said, "but it's important to say that it cannot be a bottomless pit ... At least people are now starting to realize it won't work with a bottomless pit.

"Greece needs to do its own homework to become competitive - whether that happens in conjunction with a new rescue program or by another route that we actually don't want to take..."

When asked if that other "route" meant Greece quitting the euro zone, Schaeuble said: "That is all in the hands of the Greeks themselves. But even in the event (Greece leaves the euro zone), which almost no one assumes will happen, they will still remain part of Europe."

The austerity measures include cutting the minimum wage from about 750 euros a month and aim to cut Greece's bloated state sector workforce by about 150,000 people by 2015.

It also provides for a bond swap to ease Greece's debt burden by cutting the real value of private-sector investors' bond holdings by some 70 percent. Greece will miss a February 17 deadline to offer a debt "haircut" to private bondholders if the vote is not passed on Sunday.

20. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Greece is going through a revolution.
    The people of Greece are revolting against their capitalist government which only cares about making profit for the European and American banks.
    Solidarity with Revolutionary Struggle, Conspiracy of Fire Nuclei, Black Star, Anti-State Justice, Thieves in Black, Rebel Sect, and Sect of Revolutionaries.