Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

American Third Position = Neo Nazi's in Armani suits

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by punkmar77, Sep 15, 2010.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    http://www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/arti ... te-out.htm

Re-posted from San Diego City Beat

White out
    American Third Position, a white-nationalist political group, spreads to San Diego County
    By Dave Maass
    news1

On the back patio of an Irish pub in Carlsbad, an organizer from a new political group is sipping an iced tea and smoking cigarettes in the shade of an umbrella.

The former Army Ranger and small-business owner is wearing a plaid ivy cap over a shaved head. His T-shirt advertises “American Third Position: Liberty, Sovereignty, Identity.”

Though he asked CityBeat to withhold his surname, Damon is open about his views. He believes the government doesn’t represent the common man, that immigrants are a threat to public safety and employment (particularly in San Diego County, where he grew up) and that white Americans must become conscious of their race. He doesn’t censor himself when a server walks by, and he pays no mind to the customers a few tables over. That’s the point of American Third Position—it’s white nationalism packaged for a mainstream audience.

Damon wasn’t always so tempered with his rhetoric. He was involved with neo-Nazi groups in the past—he has protested, pamphleteered and brawled. “In my youth, like I think a lot of people are, I was just at odds with the world, and you get a little angry and you move with that because it’s kinda all you know,” he says. “As I got older and a little wiser, I saw that what I was doing wasn’t really reaching the regular white guy on the street.”

Damon first came to CityBeat’s attention through the Stormfront.org message board, the central online forum for the full spectrum of white nationalists, from Minutemen to skinheads. Damon participates under the username Cycoville. On his user profile, he identifies himself as “1/2 IRISH 1/2 SCOTTISH 100% CELTIC WARRIOR” and describes where lives as an “island of WHITE in a sea of mud.”

In May, Stormfront members from San Diego, including Damon, formed their own online “social group” to organize barbecues, hikes and a day trip to the Scottish Highland Games and Clan Gathering in Vista. But when one local neo-Nazi tried to use the forum to recruit members for protests against LGBT events—including “Out in Petco Park” on July 1 and San Diego Pride on July 17—Damon was quick to smack down the idea.

“If we want this movement to grow and work, we need to awaken the slumbering White Nationalists, the regular folks, and that doesn’t happen when we go and yell ni99er and fa66ot,” Damon responded on the site. “Makes us look like a bunch of ignorant a$$holes, and who want’s [sic] to be an A## Hole? I sure don’t.”

Damon told the user to be patient; San Diego’s white nationalists have something in the works—American Third Position or A3P.

Based in Orange County, the political group registered itself with the California Secretary of State late in 2009. Representatives have set up tables and small demonstrations in Long Beach and Huntington Beach, where young men and women wave U.S. flags and hold posters that say “Support Arizona” and “American Jobs for American People.” San Diego County may be the next target for the group, which is, on its face, indistinguishable from a Tea Party or other libertarian organization.

There is a difference, though: A3P aspires to be the party that exclusively represents the interests of white people. It’s this element that has attracted the attention of local groups like the San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium, which has republished articles from the Southern Poverty Law Center, an anti-hate group, on its blog. The Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish group that tracks anti-Semitism, has compiled extensive dossiers on the group’s leaders and their ties to alleged racist and extremist organizations.

Rather than deny it, A3P Chairman William Johnson, an L.A.-based attorney, puts the group in context with the current political climate.
    SHARE PRINT COMMENT FONT SIZE

“I’ve been quite involved for maybe close to 30 years, and I’ve worked in different organizations, and they’ve never been successful,” Johnson says. “They’ve always caused a lot of grief to my family and me because a lot of people dislike my views. But this is the first time now that I’m finding an acceptance toward my positions. I think we’re seeing a monumental shift in public opinion. While I’ve not changed my views, public perception of my views is changing even as we speak.”

The group plans to run candidates in every state; this year, it raised money—through online “money bombs”—for Ryan Murdough, a white nationalist and A3P state chairman running as a Republican in a New Hampshire state representative race.

“If you care to compare us with the Ron Paul money bomb, I’d have to say it was ‘modest,’” Johnson chuckles. He worked “extensively” on Paul’s 2008 presidential campaign. “I think that we raised an encouraging amount of money, but it’s a modest sum.”

Gustavo Arellano, who covers the hate-group beat for OC Weekly, an alternative newspaper in Orange County (he also writes the popular “Ask a Mexican” column), has declared a sort of media war on A3P. From the beginning of the year, he began publishing in-depth investigations into the group in order to reveal their extremist undertones despite their almost-mainstream message.

One difference between A3P and other alleged hate groups, Arellano says, is that A3P attempts to establish legitimacy through prominent figures such as Johnson and Kevin Mac- Donald, a tenured professor at California State University, Long Beach.

Johnson had previously run for superior court judge until Los Angeles’ Metropolitan News-Enterprise revealed that he was the author of the infamous Pace Amendment, a legal proposal that would limit citizenship to Americans of European descent and result in the deportation of everyone else. Mac- Donald has also been at the center of controversy for his academic writing on Jews from an “evolutionary point of view” and in terms of political power.

“As I called them in my story, they’re basically skinheads in suits,” Arellano says. “If you read their position papers, it’s very much an America for white people only.”

MacDonald complains that he has been harassed on campus since 2006 for his writing and that those protests picked up steam this year in response to the formation of A3P. He argues that, as whites face the real possibility of becoming the minority in certain parts of the country, the race must recognize its common interests and fight for them as other ethnic groups, such as La Raza and the NAACP, have.

“Often times, people like myself are called white supremacists,” MacDonald says. “This is not an IQ-based argument that we’re somehow superior. It’s just that we have interests different from other people. It’s entirely OK for us to assert those interests.”

These white interests include immigration, affirmative action and employment—issues that MacDonald says are equally important to the mainstream Tea Party movement. He notes that Tea Partiers are overwhelmingly white.

“In my view, white people already believe what we believe,” MacDonald says. “But they are intimidated by being associated with skinheads and that kind of stuff. They don’t want to be seen as stupid and violent. I can understand that.”

And that’s why A3P frowns upon the hostile, incendiary activities common among white-nationalist groups.

“If I go as a ‘skinhead’ and push the hate, I’m only going to be able to connect with somebody that thinks and feels the same way,” Damon says about his recruiting methods. “If I talk to you one-on-one, man-to-man about just normal problems in life, I can enlighten you on a bit more stuff. We can have an open-minded conversation and show this person that the government is against us.”

At that point, it’s easy for Damon to introduce the issue of race, not in terms of hate, but in terms of pride.

“There’s nothing wrong with you being a white guy and being proud to be white and proud to be whatever your European heritage is and embracing that,” Damon says. “You’re not a racist because you don’t want to go and drink Tecates on Cinco de Mayo at a Mexican bar.”

Arellano says A3P’s strategy—presenting themselves as “concerned Americans”— will work, but only to a certain extent.

“I do think they’ll be able to, at the very least, get people to take their brochures,” Arellano says. “I would hope that most people, once they learn of the actual meat of the message, would shun them as the neo-Nazis that they are.”

Less than a year in operation, A3P isn’t a huge movement. On Facebook, it has more than 1,400 followers, but it was able to raise only $100 to support Arizona in its legal defense of the anti-immigration law SB 1070. (That money was returned to A3P after news media reported it was donated by a hate group.)

Only about 15 people are members of the San Diego County group on Stormfront.

The question remains whether A3P will become a bona fide political group similar to England’s British National Party, or whether this is simply a new marketing scheme for luring people into a hate group.

Damon describes the San Diego white-nationalist get-togethers as no different from any group of friends having a good time.

“It’s not Hitler youth training,” he says.

“We’re not forming a militia. We’re not trying to take over the world or anything. A lot of what we do is talk about what’s going on in each other’s lives.”

However, Damon’s statements as Cycoville on Stormfront run counter to his claims that his group is benign. Take, for example, a post he made after CityBeat’s interview regarding his barbeques: “Every time nigs and beans try and even LOOK at a house in my neighborhood, it’s time for a BBQ. I’m talking skinheads and bikers, each with more [tattooed] ink than a ball point pen. All hanging out in the front yard with the rest of the neighbors, playing Skrewdriver and eating dead animal.”

In the last month, Damon has also posted messages about how he would like to lob tear-gas at immigrants’ rights activists. He has discussed which automatic weapons would be most useful in the event of a Mexican invasion. He also advised another user to seek a lawyer’s help to get around prohibitions against felons owning firearms. These remarks seem to support Arellano’s suspicions.

“It’s my belief as a reporter that you should report these groups from the very beginning rather than one day wake up and say, ‘Oh my God, where did this come from?’” Arellano says.

Write to davem@sdcitybeat.com and editor@sdcitybeat.com.

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Its not the first time, nor is it likely to be the last, that nutzi fucks try to go 'respectable'. The iz gunna run candidates in ALL STATES, hahahahhaaha, fuck the nutzis have issues with reality.
    This brought lolz:
    When did the BNP stop being a hate group?

Its kinda funny for me after i saw the Orange County Antifa thread, as all my impressions of Orange County are based on this:
    [​IMG]

Now after reading that article an OC antifa makes a lot moar sense, lol.

IMHO, the attempt of A3P to go 'respectable' should impact the way an antifa group fights them. Insofar, as you can't just kick the shit out of them; rather, you need to kick the shit out of them whilst undertaking a sustained propaganda campaign explaining to ppl why you're kicking the shit out of them. Best of luck!

3. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Don't talk shit on my friends fooooooooooooooooooooool.

4. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

I used to cry and wank to that show when I was 15 :'(

5. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I always knew you were secretly emo.
    I walked past yr room last nite and heard 'California, here we comeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!' 'Boohoohoo!'
    care to explain?

6. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... r=HW091610

thanks for those enlightening comments Kaaos and Butcher :|

Re-posted from the Southern Poverty Law Center website

William Daniel Johnson
    New White Supremacist Party has Mass Electoral Ambitions (2010)
    Date of Birth: 1954
    Groups: American Third Position
    Ideology: White Nationalist

William Daniel Johnson, a Los Angeles corporate lawyer, is an uninspiring but determined white separatist. As early as 1985, Johnson proposed a constitutional amendment that would revoke the American citizenship of every non-white inhabitant of the United States. A quarter century later, in 2010, he was still actively supporting white nationalist causes, serving as chairman of the racist American Third Position political party, established the prior year. The party wants to run racist candidates nationwide.

In His Own Words
    "No person shall be a citizen of the United States unless he is a non-Hispanic white of the European race. … Only citizens shall have the right and privilege to reside permanently in the United States."
    — Excerpt from the "Pace Amendment" to the Constitution proposed by Johnson in 1985

"The Third Position insists that it is both healthy and divinely ordained that people should have a genuine love and preference for their own kind."
    — From a Dec. 31, 2009 video, "An Introduction to the American Third Position"

"One commercial for an upcoming rerun of a Harry Potter movie had Harry Potter kissing a Chinese girl. And of all of the little snippets that they could take out of the movies, why would the networks focus on Harry Potter kissing a Chinese girl? And if you look at all of the reality shows, there was miscegenation in every frame. This is what we're dealing with, this is what we're grappling with."
    — From a speech to the American Third Position National Conference on June 19, 2010

Background
    William Daniel Johnson was born in Pinal County, Ariz., in 1954. He studied Japanese at Brigham Young University and went on to earn his law degree from Columbia University in 1981. As a young lawyer, he worked for law firms in Japan and South Korea. After a few years, he returned to the United States to live in California, though he would continue to work for Japanese clients throughout his career.

In 1985, under the pseudonym James O. Pace, Johnson wrote the book Amendment to the Constitution: Averting the Decline and Fall of America. In it, he advocates the repeal of the 14th and 15th amendments and the deportation of almost all non-white citizens to other countries. Johnson further claimed that racial mixing and diversity caused social and cultural degeneration in the United States. He wrote: "We lose our effectiveness as leaders when no one relies on us or can trust us because of our nonwhite and fractionalized nature. … [R]acial diversity has given us strife and conflict and is enormously counterproductive."

Johnson's solution to this problem was to deport all non-whites as soon as possible. Anybody with any "ascertainable trace of Negro blood" or more than one-eighth "Mongolian, Asian, Asia Minor, Middle Eastern, Semitic, Near Eastern, American Indian, Malay or other non-European or non-white blood" would be deported under the Pace Amendment.

To smooth the process, Johnson proposed that financial incentives be offered to nonwhites who cooperate with the government in the deportation process. Non-whites who are too old to leave would be allowed to stay, as they were past childbearing age and did not present an obstacle to long-term racial homogeneity. Johnson imagined that black Americans could be employed to help the transition. He wrote, "Because of their physical abilities, the blacks would be the ideal enforcers." Johnson believed it critical that the amendment be enacted; if not, he said, non-whites would strip rights from white Americans, potentially leading to a deadly "race war." For Johnson, the deportation of non-whites is an act of self-defense, a preemptive strike in defense of real Americans.

Johnson attempted to garner support for his amendment among members of Congress and the public at large, mailing copies of his book to state and federal legislators. At the end of Amendment to the Constitution, he encouraged citizens to donate to the League of Pace Amendment Advocates, a group Johnson started in the early 1980s to advocate for the adoption of his amendment. In 1986, Johnson promoted the Pace Amendment at the World Congress of the Aryan Nations, a neo-Nazi group whose congresses were for years the premiere annual gatherings for racist U.S. extremists of all stripes. The Aryan Nations' now deceased leader, Richard Butler, wrote a hearty endorsement of Johnson's book that was featured on its dustcover.

In April 1989, Johnson ran in a Casper, Wyo., special election for the congressional seat of Dick Cheney, who had been nominated as secretary of defense. Johnson was explicit about his white nationalism during the campaign, telling The Associated Press, "Whites don't have a future here in this country, and that is … one of many issues that I am addressing." During his run, Johnson's campaign manager was a 19-year-old Klansman named John Abarr, who later told a reporter that the Klan is "basically a civil rights organization that stands up for the rights of white people." Johnson lost the election, receiving less than 1% of the total vote.

After his defeat, Johnson returned to Glendale, Calif. In August 1989, a bomb went off in the building housing the League of Pace Amendment Advocates' offices. Soon after, Johnson left the league, frustrated with its lack of progress. Jesse Johnson — who had been a "grand dragon," or state leader, of a Ku Klux Klan group in Texas — took his place.

Discouraged by his political failures, Johnson retreated from the white nationalist scene, although in 1992, he was scheduled to give the invocation at a Los Angeles conference of black and white nationalists and Holocaust deniers. Later that year, he also printed 3,000 copies of a paperback titled Establishing African Homelands for Black Americans. He was otherwise publicly inactive for more than a decade.

On May 13, 2006, Johnson returned to politics, filing to run in the Democratic primary for Arizona's 8th congressional district. On his campaign website's "issues page," Johnson described his desire to both fine and jail employers who hired illegal immigrants and his commitment to deporting illegal immigrants in large numbers. To bolster his campaign, Johnson brought in Russ Dove, an anti-immigration extremist with a felony conviction for attempted grand theft. Dove was also known for publicly burning a Mexican flag in April 2006 in Tucson. Johnson paid Dove more than $15,000 for "gathering signatures" and "consulting." But it was all to no avail. Johnson spent more than $133,000 of his own money but won only 2.9% of the vote.

Johnson returned to California, where in September 2007 he hosted a $2,000-a-plate fundraiser at his ranch for the presidential campaign of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

In June 2008, Johnson ran in a primary for Los Angeles County Superior Court judge. He avoided publicity, declining to respond to a questionnaire or provide information about himself to the Los Angeles County Bar Association. But the Metropolitan News-Enterprise, a Los Angeles newspaper that covers law and the courts in detail, wrote a long article about Johnson's background, including his role in promoting the Pace Amendment. Ron Paul then retracted an earlier endorsement of Johnson, who went on to lose the election with 26% of the vote.

In October 2009, Johnson met with members of Freedom 14, a racist skinhead group. Freedom 14 members had previously established the racist Golden State Party, but it fell apart in the wake of revelations about its leader's criminal past. They decided to create a new political party: the American Third Position (A3P). Johnson signed on as the group's chairman and leading spokesperson. Also leading the group was anti-Semite Kevin MacDonald, a California professor who believes that Jews destabilize the societies that they live in and are genetically programmed to attempt to out-compete non-Jews for resources.

The mission statement of A3P reads: "The American Third Position exists to represent the political interests of White Americans." Given Johnson's role, it's no surprise that the party advocates a zero-immigration policy and wants to "provide incentives for recent, legal immigrants to return to their respective lands." Though it does not promote the mass exodus Johnson originally hoped for, their policies are a push in the same direction.

Johnson told the Southern Poverty Law Center he hopes to recruit white nationalists to the party. In a radio interview on Feb. 20, 2010, he elaborated: "The initial basis of our own upstart organization is the racial nationalist movement. It has been in disarray for the last 20 years."

Johnson has used coded language to recruit extremists into A3P. In one A3P video, for instance, Johnson says: "We of the Third Position look to the future and embrace principles that will secure the existence of our people and a future for our children." In another, he makes this appeal: "We need you to help us to secure the existence of our people and the future for our children." These phrases are almost identical to the infamous "14 Words" coined by white supremacist terrorist David Lane, who died in prison after helping murder a Jewish talk show host in his Denver driveway in 1984: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children." The "14 Words" are derived from a passage in Hitler's Mein Kampf and are a popular slogan for neo-Nazis and other racist extremists. Given these outreach efforts, it is not surprising that in March 2010, Johnson and his A3P co-founder, Kevin MacDonald, attended an event sponsored by the Institute for Historical Review, a Holocaust denial group.

In June 2010, A3P's outreach efforts began to pay off. The New Jersey-based League of American Patriots was absorbed into ATP and became the Metro New York area chapter of the party. The League of American Patriots was founded in March 2008 and headed by a New Jersey attorney, Alexander Carmichael. Based in Butler, N.J., it insisted that members be heterosexuals "of complete European Christian ancestry."

:ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

7. Saering

Saering Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 18, 2009

Got a scan/link of/to the paper mate?

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Saering: posted to the top of the pages, thanks for reminding me... I should remember to do that every time I re-post.

9. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

i recommend stormfront.org to bulimic people as an alternative to fingers or laxatives.

10. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

too bad that i can't google it in germany - is it possible that the german google is blocking it?

11. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

very possible, they tend to be pretty rough on white nationalism over there these day, huh?

12. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

stormfront.com spews the biggest bullshit ive ever seen!
    there users are all bullshit! I took a look at their ideology and philosophy section all there thread post are ridiculous!

13. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

too bad (again) not rough enough, but the german weirdos make less use of the rassist aspects and argument mostly concerning the unimployment and economic problem - so i'm a bit surprised about the "white" shitload overseas, sounds really weird and i am a bit curious about how ridiculous they are...
    but it's really true, german google filters stormfront, clan-sites and a few northern european rightwing label-sites - but as i said before - it's not rough enough...

14. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
  15. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

too bad (once again) on my bad english - but thanks for the reminder of this continents brown horrors, maybe i will come up with a bit about the revival of the hungarian arrow-cross movement, i wrote it for a german antifa-page and will have to translate it first - arrow-head is very similiar to this ustascha-rebirth in kroatia and it lasted a bit longer, but compared with the stability of this stormfront menace...

this overseas stuff of white-skin-on-the-brink-of-extermination or nutzis like david lane or april gaede remind me on the weirder parts of esoteric or conspiration theories today and something like the thule society which appeared in europe at the end of the 19th century and vanished nearly completely after the first world war.

16. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    It's amazing to me how many anarchists, socialists, and left democrats are completely buying into conspiracy theories like 'chemtrails' or NWO anti-Zionism/Semitism...just today I had to try and convince some comrades from Valencia that the 'chemtrails' theory comes from the hard right and is funded from the ultra-right. It's not like the trail is hard to spot....anti-state propaganda doesn't automatically mean anarchist!

17. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

yes, "sniffin' stripes again" is becoming a running gag here too and sometimes i don't have the nerve to argue about it anymore.
    the newest hit in the scene is a mystery about a french village, Pont-Saint-Esprit, where the whole population suffered a lsd-like freakout in august 1951 - some writer claimed that the cia tested chemical warfare as a part of the mk-ultra program - and the whole thing was running wild in the ultra-conservative public press. huh, not that it lacks all possibility - but there is no proof and the discussions are going on and on...

after succeding getting around google i found the story on stormfront too - left a bad feeling... and i am still surprised/astonished about the weirdness of this white-supremacy rabble, reminds me of jehova-witness mutants running more than wild, but what other thing should we expect from them except this murderous madness.

18. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

How about we track William Daniel Johnson down, and do something about his sick racism.

19. punkAnonAnarcho

punkAnonAnarcho Member New Member

Nov 24, 2015

So what you are saying is that we (Humans) do not spray chemicals that leave trails in the sky or atmosphere?
    We I'm a pilot and I beg to differ. I have personally sprayed chemicals into the air plenty of times. One being fuel. There are plenty of reasons to spray chemicals into the air. Including warfare. Such as DDT/agent orange. Or heavy metals to wiegh clouds down and chase precipitation. The latter two being well documented in the Nam era. One is even talked about in basic training if your a Cab scout. The cav along with USAF cut the supply channels of NVA by using chemicals to induce heavy rainfalls. In an attempt to make the only route to boged down for travel. This worked and was one of only a few successful missions during Vietnam.

As for the theories of spraying viral weappng into the air idk but I personally know pilots that have sprayed chemicals into the air including myself so to say chemtrails are not real is untrue. It just depends on what type of theory you are referring to.

20. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Have you knowingly dispersed militarized chemicals on civilian populations? We all know about cloud seeding, and Monsanto's Agent Orange, pesticides and other harmful "benevolent" crop dusters. That is not what I am talking about. Chemtrails are something completely different, and I for one would like for you to back up your story with empirical evidence. Otherwise it's just more of the same ol' same ol'.