Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Ruining Metal - Racism in metal

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by JolleyPunk, Jan 29, 2016.

1. JolleyPunk

JolleyPunk Active Member Forum Member

Aug 5, 2015
     United States
    So I'm not sure how many of you have heard about this recent news https://youtu.be/rVaUlXfvOHg , but it appears that the racist "southern metal" bull shit is coming back around, thank you fucking pantera. Now I know this site is mostly about punk, but I know that I personally love metal and I'm sure a lot of you all do too. If any of you know of any metal, or punk, bands that are openly racist/sexist/homophobic/xenophobic/etc please add them to this.

Love music, hate fascism!

2. PreachyVegan

PreachyVegan New Member New Member

Feb 1, 2016

Deafheaven has used nazi salutes at multiple shows, then they laugh it off whenever it's asked about. They also wear shirts promoting NSBM bands and don't seem to have a problem with that either.

3. JawnLobotomy

JawnLobotomy Active Member Forum Member

Jun 25, 2012

I'm from Vancouver, and I've ran into what I feel is like a disproportionate amount of people who like black metal and support neo-nazi ideals. I don't understand it. I can't wrap my head around these fucking boneheads and I'm not even going to try. Essentially, these people are ill-educated and lashing out like children, and use violence and fear to seem superior. It's pathetic.

Here's Wikipedia on NSBM. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... lack_metal

4. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    It's old news that Phil Anselmo is a racist asshole, he always way. The most sad/somehow funniest thing is that he is wearing a Discharge shirt while doing this...I guess drugs have totally melted his brain now. I hope that one day I see a video of people beating him up for this...behaviour like this shouldn't have any place not only in metal, but anywhere.
    Why some people still defend this asshole is beyond me.

5. JolleyPunk

Aug 5, 2015
     United States
    I saw the discharge shirt and laughed out loud, the fact that he is throwing nazi salutes while toting a discharge shirt is so ironic and disgusting honestly. If I could ask, are there any "punk" bands that have a similar view as pantera? I want to know who to steer clear of while I dig through more bands

6. bombjovi

bombjovi New Member New Member

Mar 10, 2016

I think the worst thing about the whole Phil Anselmo situation is that, even though he has been associated with Nazism throughout his whole career (using that moronic flag, White Power speeches in the 90's and now the Nazi salute situation), he continues to come up with poor excuses to justify his behavior. And they keep getting worse too. He did a Nazi salute and yelled "WHITE POWER!" because he was drinking white wine? Really??? A 5-year old could come up with a better excuse for eating all the cookies in the jar.

7. JolleyPunk

Aug 5, 2015
     United States
    Oh fuck, is he really trying to make excuses??