Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Statement on the situation in Ukraine - Autonomous Workers Union

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Paczilla, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    Civil war began in Ukraine yesterday. A less than peaceful demonstration clashed with state defense forces and divisions formed by the adherents of the current government near the Vekhovna Rada (Parliament). On February 18, police, together with the paramilitaries, arranged a bloodbath in the governmental quarters during which numerous demonstrators were killed. Butchers from the special divisions finished off arrestees. Deputies of the ruling Party of Regions and their bourgeois lackeys from the “Communist” Party of Ukraine fled from the Parliament through an underground tunnel. The vote for constitutional amendments, intended to limit presidential power, did not take place after all.

Link
    http://libcom.org/news/statement-situat ... n-21022014

2. Sick Boy 77

Sick Boy 77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Mar 29, 2010

I have heard that a large section of the protesters are Christian radicals who are very far right. They have the same mentality as the Muslims who are trying to take over the Middle East. IE: Force their religious views on the people of Ukraine and make Christianity the dominant force of government. I have no clue if this is true or not. Please clue me in on this.

3. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    From what ive seen, there are a few right wing groups and paramilitary groups on the right, but the majority of people in Euromaidan were just average people and a few left wing groups. Overall the right was the biggest influence and now there are pretty much 3 sides, the government, the fascist right wing, and everyone else. At least that's what iv seen.