Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

34 year old Antifa activist murdered in Athens by Golden Dawn

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by punkmar77, Sep 18, 2013.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

A 34 year old active Antifascist Hip Hop artist & organizer was murdered by Nazis in Athens.

The death has been confirmed by doctors at the hospital to comrades waiting outside. The Antifascist who is said to be named Paulos aka Killa P was at a local cafe watching a football (Soccer) game with his girl friend. He was reported stabbed in the heart. One nazi is reportedly in custody, but this is unconfirmed.

Antifascists across Athens are on alert and are said to be waiting on a call to start moving, but are being warned to be careful and remain organized. It is also beingalleged that Greek police were present as the attack took place and stood by while it happened.

There is a demonstration called on the spot where the murder took place, today at 18:00 local time

This is a very complicated matter as a General Strike is scheduled for tomorrow on the other side of the city.

The strike started on Monday with teachers , professors and other university employees after the Greek state announced it would be firing 20,000 people from education jobs and closing down many schools.

BAI released an article yesterday on the growing threat of Golden Dawn and their brazen attack against KKE Communists. Eerily the conversation was around the lack of urgency around the attacks on KKE and where that could lead., You can read this here: From Oakland to Greece! Anarchists are Fucking Up! http://bayareaintifada.wordpress.com/20 ... l-fascism/

2. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

fascist pigs!, solidarity :antifa:, i always get sad when some of our comrades die...

3. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
  4. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

i understand their outrage, but making following riots, to show people are upset, i don't think accomplishes anything, why don't people gather around and make aware of the issue instead of pointless "revenge" actions which accomplishes nothing in the long run.

5. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    What are you talking about? You're talking about fascists and the only thing that stops fascists is concentrated actions...destroying their HQ's accomplishes loss of gathered info, time and money, not to mention it emboldens others to act and not be afraid of Golden Dawns bully tactics...do you not understand that over 70% of the police force in Athens are loyal to Golden Dawn? Sorry but your post is as insulting to me as any liberal pacifist bullshit going on anywhere around the world.....

6. dmol

dmol Active Member Forum Member

Jan 5, 2013

The incident is plainly tragic - and I don't mean just in the sense of sadness for an activist's loss, but the whole pathetic scene that surrounds it. Once again the Golden Dawn attack and murder undisturbed, the police are watching, "patriots" all over show them their support.
    As for the idea of peaceful demonstrating - o_O ... Yes, let's just all sit calmly and tell the next murderer that stops with his car and comes to stub us in that perfectly calculated, experienced L shape - well, you really shouldn't do that. And all those immigrants running to escape their attacks when no one's watching (apart,of course, from the police) - none of this would happen if we just gathered and told the Golden Dawn how wrong it is! A bit of a joke, from another sphere...
    I agree - it is an insult.
    \m/

7. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

You sound like a pacifist. You have to understand that Greek antifa and anarchists have lots of trouble with both commies and fascists. Attacks are more or less happening on daily basis and they are even organizing patrols. I've been in Greece last month, it is the central point of democracy and direct action in Europe and it is very inspirational if you ask me. And as for the topic, very sad and at the same time frustrating. I would bash one for writing swastika and one would get a lot more for murder ! :@

edit : sorry didn't see Mars and dmols post who already explained it.

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

This is George Roupaka, the 45 year old fascist ,who confessed to the murder of 34 year old Paul Fyssas. He claims self defense, but it has been reported that he tried to carve a Golden Dawn symbol into Fyssas, and witnesses have said that it was orchestrated and that police stood by and watched.

9. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

i would like to say firstly i am not a pacifist, since i have changed my point of view on violence,pacifism means all kinds of self defence is a nono, therefore i am not a pacifist, i like self defence and this "outrage" of sabotage, gains two things i think, by this time they are done smashing golden dawns offices and other stuff that they own or represent, Revenge from right wing, will hurt just as bad and a never ending cycle between anti fascists and nazis will continue, i think we need to change our way of thinking when it comes to tactics, like what will this thing we do cause, and is it something we are ready to face the consequenses with, i understand why some people in greece find it nessasarcy to become militant, i myself also if were in that situation, when it was no longer safe to be an anti fascist, would also become militant, and i would also devolp the sense of wiping out the nazis are the only thing to do, but i mean when wiping out, we can do it politically, and when they finally march on the streets and "IF" they attack we should use this as an advantage as self defence, show these fascists we are better than them.

and the last think i want to say:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWSBqu4S6w[/video]

10. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    What exactly do you mean by this?

11. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

i mean by politically, if they stand up as candidates for council elections or a parliament we need to mobilize resistance and stuff, whether if people want to do militant or peaceful action, just people are resisting i think it's okay, but i don't think that causing a riot to therefore put a political argument behind this riot, will solve anything.

12. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

mobilize resistance = violence....Peaceful actions won't do shit, we've been through this shit already. If you have any better and more efficient tactics on fighting nazis please share them but I surely won't take 'peaceful talk' as an option. And again, I absolutely agree with Mar on this one, it is an insult to the antifascists in Greece to say that there is a better way of handling this. They are risking everything to fight nazis on streets.

A no-no if you ask me. Always fight fascists, there should be no particular cause or reason.

13. dmol

Jan 5, 2013

"IF" they attack is beyond comprehension - a friend was just going alone to the video store and ended up with a face distorted almost beyond recognition. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, and against people who are defenseless - you don't reason with the braindead. And here I rest my case..

On to something more important: Whoever's in London this Saturday, there's an antifascist demo at the Greek Embassy, 13:00, Holland Park.
    More info here https://www.facebook.com/events/5069118 ... l_activity
    - please spread!

14. dmol

Jan 5, 2013

15. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

I love it :beer:

16. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

breaking news: golden dawn leader arrested:

from bbc:
    link to news report:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24314319.

17. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    [​IMG]

18. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

he looks so fucking stupid on this picture, like an angry toddler... :lmao: