Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Every January 1 we will all be Zapatistas!

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Bakica, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

http://roarmag.org/2014/01/20th-anniver ... -uprising/

Happy new year comrades ! I hope it will be more productive than 2013!

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  3. RudiRotten

RudiRotten Member Forum Member

Jun 22, 2013

I'm a little bit sceptic about the EZLN since there were some rumors about attacks against anarchists in Chiapas and the wish to bumb anarchist people out of zapatist groups/schools last year. Subcommandante Marcos defended the anarchists, but I've still some reservations since these actions.

4. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Sure there are a lot of marxists in the EZLN, but anarchists are welcome. AFAIK, the rumors about the anti-anarchist campaign came from mexican medias. The EZLN has a very very long history of collaboration with anarchists. Even if you get back to the mexican revolution with Emiliano Zapata and Ricardo Flores Magon, the anarchists always occupied an important place in the zapatista movement.

http://eagainst.com/articles/subcommand ... s-welcome/

In his latest communiqué Subcommandante Marcos takes a little time to respond to the anti-anarchist campaign launched by the Mexican media and part of the left. Marcos makes clear that those registered to the Escuelita who have asked the Zapatistas to not accept anarchists, and moreover “expected an apology and a purging of the registry”, are not welcome to the school. The Zapatistas invite Mexican anarchists to send them texts which will respond to the accusations against them, and which will be published on the EZLN website.

via: dorset chiapas solidarity

SPECIAL CASES: the Anarchists

Given the anti-anarchist campaign launched by those of “good conscience” and the well-behaved left united in a holy crusade with the old right to accuse the anarchists, young and old, of challenging the system (as if anarchism had another option), including the dismantling of their shows (this thing about turning the lights off, was that so we wouldn’t see the anarchists?), and the repetition ad nauseum of epithets such as “anarcho-hardliners,” “anarcho-provocateur,” “anarcho-thugs,” “anarcho-etcetera” (somewhere I read the epithet “anarcho-anarchist,” isn’t that sublime?), the Zapatista men and women cannot ignore the climate of hysteria that so firmly demands respect for windowpanes (which don’t reveal but rather hide what happens just behind the counter: slave-like work conditions, a total lack of hygiene, poor quality, low nutritional value, money laundering, tax evasion, and capital flight).

Because now, apparently, the robbery poorly disguised as “structural reform,” the assault on the teachers union, the national patrimony “outlet” sale, the theft imposed by the government on the governed through taxation, and the fiscal asphyxiation – which only favors the large monopolies – is the anarchists’ fault.

This includes blame for the fact that now “decent people” don’t go out into the street to protest anymore (“hey but what about the marches, sit-ins, roadblocks, graffiti, flyers…” “Yes, but those are teachers-bus drivers-vendors-students, that is, country bumpkins, and I’m talking people really-truly-from-the Federal District.” “Ah, the mythical middle class, so courted and yet so despised and cheated by the entire political spectrum and all of the media…”), the fact that the institutional left also evicts the protest rallies, the fact that the “only opposition to the regime” has been overshadowed by the nameless again and again, the fact that the arbitrary imposition is now called “dialogue and negotiation,” the fact that the murder of migrants, women, youth, workers, children – all of this is the anarchists’ fault.

For those who fight as and claim the “A,” a flag without a nation or frontiers, and who are part of the SIXTH—but who really are in the struggle, not just as a fashion or a fad—we have, in addition to an embrace of solidarity, a special request.

Anarchist Compas: We Zapatista men and women aren’t going to blame you for our shortcomings (or lack of imagination), nor are we going to hold you responsible for our mistakes, much less persecute you for being who you are. Actually, I should tell you that various invitees to the August course cancelled because, they said, they couldn’t share the classroom with “young people who are anarchist, ragged, punk, pierced, and tattoo-covered,” and that they (those who are not young, nor anarchist, nor ragged, nor punk, nor pierced, nor tattoo-covered) expected an apology and a purging of the registry. They continue to wait in vain.

What we would like to request is that when you register, you submit a text, maximum one-page in length, where you respond to the criticism and accusations that they have leveled against you in the for-profit media. That text will be published in a special section of our website (enlacezapatista.ezln.org.mx) and in a magazine-fanzine-or-whatever-it’s-called soon to appear in the globally global world, written and run by indigenous Zapatistas. It will be an honor for us to have your word together with ours in our first issue.

Huh?

Yes, even a page with a single word taking up the whole space counts: something like “LIARS!!” Or something longer, such as “We would explain to you what Anarchism is if we thought you would understand;” or, “Anarchism is incomprehensible to those with little brains;” or, “Real change first appears in the police blotter;” or, “I shit on the thought police;” or the following citation from the book “Golpe y contragolpe” by Miguel Amorós: “Everyone should know that the Black Bloc is not an organization but a tactic of street struggle similar to “Street Fighting [Kale Baroka] that a constellation of libertarian, “autonomous” or alternative groups have been using since the struggles for the squats (“okupations”) in the 1980s in various German cities,” and add something like, “if you are going to criticize something, first do your research. Well-written ignorance is like well-pronounced idiocy: equally useless.”

In any case, I’m sure that you won’t be lacking in ideas.

5. RudiRotten

RudiRotten Member Forum Member

Jun 22, 2013

I've read his communique. And I don't like it. Because it sounds a bit arrogant in my ears. Like anarchists should explain themselves to Zapatistas why they are anarchists and not (only) Zapatistas... Or even marxists.

But probably I'm too strict, because I'm really angry about Marxists/Leninists/Stalinists/Maoists/etc pp. Probably the Zapatistas are much better (and I really want to believe in that), That's the fact why I wrote that I'm sceptic and not that I'm against it.

6. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Well i guess these things happen in all movements where anarchists have to unite with marxists. Officially, the zapatista movement and EZLN is neither anarchist neither marxist. Here's a quote by subcommandante Marcos that explains it very well, in a few words:

"The Zapatista is not a new political ideology, nor a rehash of old ideologies. The Zapatistas is not, does not exist. It merely serve, serve as bridges to cross from one side to another. That is why, in the Zapatistas, all have their place, all those who want to cross from one side to the other ... There are no recipes, lines, or strategies or tactics, laws, or regulations or universal precautions. There is only one aspiration: to build a better world, that is to say nine. In summary: the Zapatistas belongs to no one, and for that, it is to everyone."

(sorry, google translator)

That explains why anarchists AND marxists are welcome in the EZLN.

7. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
  8. IronBENGA

IronBENGA Active Member Forum Member

Jan 13, 2014

For me it sounded like he is inviting the anarchists to show what it is to be anarchist to the Zapatistas, whose only image they have about the movement is what the media stuck to their heads: punks covered in leather, tattoos and spikes, ready to set things on fire at any time. Keep in mind that Chiapas is a countryside comunity, i think they have this image of anarchy as a strictly urban movement. This is an immense opportunity to show beyond the common sense and explain our pholosophy, culture and ideas.

9. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    They have a very good grasp on anarchism, they just want to make sure people that also self identify as anarchist do as well, Emiliano Zapata was a student of Ricardo Flores Magon, the foremost anarcho-syndicalist theoretician in Mexico, this is simply an invitation to tell these Marxists and Trotskyists elitists to fuck off with the help of EZLN media...The Plan De Ayala was written almost word for word from Magon's teachings to Emiliano...there is no gray area.