Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Politically, what do you consider yourself as?

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by punkdude, Aug 27, 2009.

1. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

2. Warfiend

Warfiend Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 11, 2011

I've probably already posted in here but that would of been a long time ago now. Politically I describe myself first and foremost as an anarchist communist. I take inspiration from platformism, especifismo, veganarchism and other schools of anarchism also with a touch of left communism, council communism and autonomism thrown in for good measure.

3. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

Just rolls right off the tongue.

4. piss-off

piss-off New Member New Member

Aug 13, 2014

I consider myself an Anarchist Equalitist. I don't believe in a world where we have rulers. I believe people can govern themselves and work together as a community to get things done. I also believe no matter your skin color, age, gender, opinion, etc we're all equal.

5. rashpeter

rashpeter Member Forum Member

Dec 22, 2011

I consider myself like a CrimethInc anarchist; an anarcho-primitivist in the woods, an anarcho-communist in the streets and an anarcho-syndicalist in the shop.

6. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

More anti-authoritarian than straight-up anarchist. Anarcho-tribalist doesn't quite cover it.

You see, I'm Highland Scottish, MacGriogair to be exact. Born in exile here in the states. I'm very proud of my heritage, I'm even trying to learn Gaidhlig. I'd really like to see the clan system, minus all the feudalism and integrated with the ideas of some Native American nations, replacing government as we now experience it. I've seen the Highland clans inspire so much pride, it's such a potent force that's too specific to be abused Nazi-style. Tribal structures are naturally geared toward individual freedom, as they depend less on authority than the cooperation between the entire community. Unity within the people negates the need for police and most political posts. And the problems large, complex societies face with democracy (gridlock, uninformed decisions made by the easily swayed, etc. ) have less effect in smaller groups. Large-scale projects such as defense and infrastructure would be coordinated by temporary councils of chiefs and relevant personnel, such as engineers. Labor and military service would operate similar to the mita system used in Twantinsuyu. This way, the influence of large nations can be enjoyed without the downsides of a strong, widespread government. There's some kinks in my idea, but hopefully I meet enough like-minded people to get something going.

Too long, didn't read:
    Psuedo-anarcho-confedera-tribalist with a kilt.

7. taufan99

taufan99 Member New Member

Sep 2, 2014

I consider myself an apolitical guy, because the Indonesian government revels in a lot of bigotry. Everybody in my family thinks politics don't make everything any better.

8. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Newbie anarchist who is still in the process of figuring her shit out. Yup, that's me.

9. Tatze

Tatze New Member New Member

Aug 11, 2014

Council-Communist
    I used to be kind of anarcho-communist but i over time i read more into marx, panekoek,adorno.
    i developed a more critical view on property (including personal property, for it is potentially capitalist),and on trade unions and basicly realised that Karl Marx did a more accurate job on describing the bourgeois society we live in.
    But im still anti-State :D

You would be surprised
    The leftist scene in Germany is actually pretty split concerning this question, the leftist wing of the anti-Germans (communists as well as anarchists) see it as their historical responsibility (for being born and raised in Germany and under German culture, which has strong fascist tendency's)
    to completely abolish Germany and German Culture, and multiculturalize the German culture. as a logical consequence from the anti German anti fascism they see the state of Israel as a temporary necessity to protect the Jewish population from the possible reoccurring of German fascism, as well as structural antisemitism, which is spread all over the world. They believe that Israel is always acting in defense against the antisemitic Hamas and the Intifada only proves the necessity of israel. The Hardcore Anti-Germans even support the american government, both for supporting Israel and for defeating Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Germa ... al_current)

10. Sti

Sti Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 26, 2011

Anarch..o punk! What is your guys view on signing non profit petitions anarchist wise? Economical wise, grand status. I want to make signing petitions a daily thing for me I've just signed one for the protectection of monkeys mice gerbils etc. I just signed anther for the protection of endangered species against pesticides. But what does it mean economically to be the signer of petitions.

11. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

Have no fear.

12. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

By that I mean be honest political wise

13. RememberGlencoe

May 12, 2014

Change.com, I presume?

I don't understand your question. Like, are you asking about the ethics of participating in an establishment form of activism?

14. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

That suggestion would be great to hear. Nah I'm just wondering what is the anarchist perspective on so called political petitions. Such as a petition that coincides with government and not anarchism. What does it mean economically and what am I for signing a petition? am I hurting or harming the whole? From my perspective as an anarchist it would be wrong when most petitions represent government support. What are the facts? Why do I petition? That is my question.

15. RememberGlencoe

May 12, 2014

I can't speak for the movement, but in my opinion, you're making your voice heard without supporting the system directly. Worst case scenario, some prick senator takes up the cause as a campaign tool. But then again, they might actually get shit done about it along the way.

16. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I get a variety of petitions sent to my email from a group called Avaaz.org and I've signed a number of them. Seeing as they have nearly 40 million members they have quite a bit of weight behind them and I get updates about successful campaigns. They don't accept donations from governments or corporations and their financial information is downloadable and so they are transparent. Seems legit.

17. Brockikus

Brockikus New Member New Member

Oct 6, 2014

I Would Like To Say Or Let Myself Be Under The Branch Of Anarcho-Syndicalism. It Has A Great Base Of Letting The Working Class Take In Self Management, And In The End Accomplishing The End Or Reducing Class Struggle.