Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Question about anarchism in action: justice and order

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Rebellious twit, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

Yeah as i write this post i had a discussion with my social democratic stephfather which often when we talk about politics refers anarchism as utopian and generally mocks me about my opinions around anarchism when he has the chance, but then he asked me how there would be taken care of "criminals" around an anarcho communist society, when he ment criminals it's most likely he ment murderes or rapists and child molesters and people who harrass other people,

as i desperatly thought that i could answer this question i failed, i have been reading the abc of anarchist communism which is easy to understand as an interdouction to anarchism ( which i highly recommend) but one thing that bothers me that i counld't find anything

the first thing that came to my mind i thought

Anarchist catalonia: what kind of justice did the people who fought the collective given as a punishment(generally speaking) as i don't want it to sound like the court system of today, i counld't find anything i would love that somebody could help me get this question answered and please help in my quest of defending my beliefs against my stephfather :) .

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    That's an easy answer, it will be determined by the particular collective or federation how to deal effectively with criminal behavior on a case by case basis. Each will be different so there isn't a blanket answer to this question....that is direct democracy and consensus.

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
  4. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

yeah that's what i thought as a collective you make your own disorganised "rules" as a form of justice,

i just hate that even as i would use this as an arguement he will mock me about this calling it an utopian(insert annoying bullshit arguments here) :/ .

5. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

thanks Punkmar you have been a great help :D .