Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Crass: Capitalist traitors using copyright laws against Anarcho-Punk.Net - 3000 albums deleted because of these greedy selfish sellout bastards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anarcho-Punk.net, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, upmost respect for Zoundz, though bit miffed to find out that used session drummer on 'Subvert' (apparently). One of my all time fave songs is that. Plenty other bands also stay true, so no reason why they can't all do it, really.

2. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Well maybe, but this aint a maths test. They sure make a lot more than Zoundz made on their tour, right? That's the point. Why? Did they have to work harder, or what? Nah, it's cos they could. They could rip off the punters. Charge what people will pay, not what it's worth = capitalism.

Ok, yeah, you agree, I know, I know.

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    A really good and very young friend of mine that is also an extremely talented musician and happens to sport a Crass tattoo decided that although I had changed my mind about attending he was still curious to see Steve & Company on that last tour, he came home devastated, as soon as he walked into the venue he noticed a very long line of people at the merch table snatching up $35 Crass shirts and he said it all went downhill from there, I felt really bad for him because although I tried to warn him he is an emotional and sensitive soul and I could see it really hurt him to witness it all, to me at least, that is the reality of what is happening with this band...

VeganStill likes this.
  4. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, lot of people must feel the same. For me, it was some years ago when Dial House was going down, and they put out an appeal to raise the cash to buy it. 70,000 quid they wanted. I dunno, asking your fans to buy your home for you, something didn't seem quite right about that.

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    So, it cost them $60k of fees ? Bullshit.

It was Gildan screenprinted t-shirts. They paid like $1 for the shirt plus another $2 for the screenprinting, and sold it for $25

This is a false debate. Argueing on the numbers is just like argueing that the holocaust made less that 6 millions deaths. No matter what the real numbers are, IT'S STILL TOO MUCH.

There is no way in hell he spent $60k for his fees.

The dropkick murphys played a show in the same venue for less than $20.
    Oi polloi came here and charged only $10 for the show.
    I could quote many other examples.

Another problem is his last gig at the Shepherds Bush

There was 2000 people and the tickets were $35 each. This time, no hotel, no airplane tickets, no bullshit excuse.

Last year i had compared it with bands from other countries (who had to pay plane tickets and hotel) who did a show AT THE SAME VENUE FOR LESS !!!
    it's here : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5531&hilit=steve+ignorant&start=100

How the fuck can you explain that big capitalist pop artists are charging less for a ticket than Steve Ignorant, at the same venue ?

6. manson285

manson285 Member New Member

Mar 13, 2012

When i first heard about this i thought someone was just trolling me but when found it made me mad, think i use to look up to these guys

7. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  8. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    BTW, just a small reminder. Not the first time that Southern Records uses the law against punks.

From Colin Jerwood, Conflict lead singer :

9. Ammon

Ammon Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 6, 2012

i'v been banned from the crass, steve ignorent, and sourthern records face book page just fo posting this link :D

10. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Same !

That's ironic coming from people who used to fight against censorship...

"The sound of free speech", eh ?

11. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Source : http://crassunofficial.com/crass.pdf

12. AnarchoThrash

AnarchoThrash Member Forum Member

Jul 27, 2012

Hello and greetings from me, I have known the site for quite sometime now (1 or 2 years) but I hadn't registered until now.

Accept it guys, Crass are hypocrites and authoritarian scums anymore so the best you can definately do to cause damage to them is to boycott Crass stuff (CD's,LP's, merch) and everything else sold in Southern Records site.

I will point out why the claim that internet kills music is an excuse and I personally hear it from the so called "true" punks/metalheads/or whatever.

1. There are people from Africa, Asia or even Europe that can't afford to buy the music and even if Internet hadn't existed they wouldn't buy it anyway so it's like preventing the right to poor people to enjoy music.

2. By the rise of internet many underground bands that were burried for 20+ years and hadn't got any kind of attention in the past, started to gain attention leading to represses, merch, reunions ($$$ money) and generally publicity that those bands never even imagined to gain after breaking up.

3. Many people download music but end up buying the stuff they actually like, I will talk about myself as an example: I am a one of the die-hard downloaders here, having a hard time with money and currently a part-time job that helps a bit, I can ensure you that 80% of my money goes to LP's (I buy like 10 LP's per month)

4. All you people who talk about the 80's and how it was without internet just realise that in the 80's there was a use called "tape trading" which was based on tape recording/copying and giving away to someone else and the bands still didn't earn money from this.

I currently recommend you to use http://www.psychocydd.co.uk/ to upload music at the moment until you have your own tracker as direct downloads have gone bad lately.

13. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    ...But then Allison decided to take over everything and take decisions without consulting all band members

Source : http://crassunofficial.com/crass.pdf

This CrassUnofficial.com website is really interessing... i've read a couple of pages and Allison is really a fucking capitalist scum sueing everyone and stealing money from crass members. I haven't gone through it all yet but i will when i have more free time. I recommand everyone to check it out. Southern Records are really fucking capitalist bastards.

People from PE accuse us of stealing from bands with downloads... Well, is it thief when you steal from thieves ?

14. AnarchoThrash

Jul 27, 2012

Don't get me wrong but when you don't make money from those downloads you practically don't steal anything.
    Arrogant capitalists are the ones who claim that without proving it.

15. AnarchoThrash

Jul 27, 2012

My suggestion to everyone here is to spread what happened cause of Crass through your blogs/sites and start boycotting Southern Records and Crass stuff (this way they will lose money that will hurt their greedy asses so much)

16. Incalight

Incalight Active Member Forum Member

Jul 27, 2012

APN have been accused of not showing respect to crass by putting up their music without prior consent, that's a joke considering the degree of disrespect shown by crass/whoever to take the steps they did, and their complete disregard for the other 3000+ albums on this site. (I think my band mate had our stuff up on here as well). Our band along with many many others have been shown disrespect, the people that the music was being offered to freely have been shown disrespect and denied the right to have that music. Music is a means to getting out a message, inform, unite and to be enjoyed. If they want to download our stuff for free, that's fine - it's better for the environment. It's better that a few thousand people had that music if they chose, than a couple of hundred who had paid for it. The poor should never be denied. Music brings people together, gives people something to relate to and be inspired. So when people have defended crass and claimed they were disrespected, well maybe so, but firstly I'm not sure they have earnt respect and considering the disrespect targetted at APN, it's hard to take that line seriously. The difference is APN never put the stuff up to be disrespectful nor vindictive (at the time), the reaction from crass's lot was very intentional, downright nasty, driven by their elevated sense of self, elitism, power and greed. We don't need some dictator types coming along to this site to take other peoples music, including ours, away from the people. It's like stealing from the poor.

17. AnarchoThrash

Jul 27, 2012

Exactly this way, it's like only rich people have the right to enjoy music.

18. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Concerning Crass and Southern Shitstain Alison, everyone sing along...

Cor blimey, it's the smelliest arse
    With fat lips, and a face that's a farce
    Living testament, a flap that's around
    So that's your manager, she resembles a clown

You think the people deserve better than that
    An example that is healthy, not fat
    How can you take this lady seriously, where's she at?
    And how come you all sell out just because - she shat.

19. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

"As members of the post-sixties intellectual avant garde privileged elite. living in their Safe Epping Forest Home, Crass adopted the style but not the substance of punk. Dial House was never a squat and it's inhabitants never had to confront the 'in yer face' reality which the survivors of the punk squatting scene had to as part of their daily life".

- Alistair Livingstone

Sums it up quite well, all style, no substance.

...the Wiki entry on Crass is aint that bad.

20. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Ok, now this has pissed me off...

http://thehippiesnowwearblack.wordpress ... mbly-edit/

"Bullshit Detector – A collaborative documentary which examines the cultural significance and legacy of the legendary Crass Records compilation album releases (1980-1984) and which explores synergies between these and the Imperfect Cinema project."

Fucking bullshit. Some bands sent in demos, they put them on a comp. Thats it. Nothing more. Watch it, I mean, bouncers, banners, shitty venues, had these guys never been to a punk gig before? I picked up a guitar and started playing after hearing Pistols, Clash, UK Subs, Ruts, Angelic Upstats, as did thousands of others, I never even heard of Crass until couple years later. Then fuck face Rimbaud saying yeah, that's where real punk is? Too fucking right, you'll never understand it, will you, mate, you got too much cash stuck up your fucking ass. Think you can hijack our fucking music and call it your own? Fuck off and die, bastard. JJ from Active Slaughter is doing time for giving his all to the scene, right now, where the fuck are you? Where the fuck are any of them? Milking the scene dry with crap films and bullshit. Fucking nostagic money grabbing ego trip. Anarcho Punk aint a fucking museum. Fuckers.

--> Respect to Conflict, who actually did come out in support of JJ. Rest of them, fuck off.

--> And Shitfuck Allison, if you thinking of reissue, you gonna have to fucking kill me first.

21 members have read this thread this month

1. JonY
  2. Erroristic-Subculture.com
  3. dirtymind
  4. Noktuurn161
  5. VeganStill
  6. Starfighter
  7. greenman-23
  8. Max Genius
  9. strivets
  10. Mikepunk
  11. A Flip