Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Prank Fest Four : San Francisco Bay Area August 31st- September 2nd

Discussion in 'North America & Pacific Region' started by prankrec, Aug 14, 2012.

1. prankrec

prankrec Member New Member

Dec 26, 2010

FRIDAY AUGUST 31st:
    [Not part of the fest but EYEHATEGOD/ BASTARD NOISE /NOOTHGRUSH are also playing that night in Oakland!]

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 1sT @ OAKLAND METRO
    DROPDEAD ( ONLY WEST COAST SHOWS)
    CITIZEN'S ARREST ( FIRST WEST COAST SHOW+ ONLY WEST COAST APPEARANCE)
    NO STATIK
    EFFLUXUS
    BUMBKLAAT
    MERDOSO
    REPLICA
    DEATHRAID
    HUNTING PARTY
    NO MISTAKE ( Ex-GO!)
    $20.
    Advance tickets: http://holdmyticket.com/event/120161

SATURDAY :
    CITIZEN'S ARREST DAY SHOW @ THEE PARKSIDE 2 to 7
    YADOKAI ( LAST SHOW)
    RAT DAMAGE
    STRESSORS
    WARTRASH

SUNDAY :
    GILMAN STREET RECORD SWAP 10-4 @ 924 Gilman Berkeley

SUNDAY @ THEE PARKSIDE, SF 1 PM Matinee
    DROPDEAD
    BUMBKLAAT
    VACUUM
    PERMANENT RUIN
    ELEGY

SUNDAY: 1234go! Matinee Show
    RED DONS
    ESTRANGED
    KICKING SPIT
    +TBA

SUNDAY NIGHT : 924 GILMAN
    IRON LUNG
    SLICES
    BRAINOIL
    WALLS
    MUTANT VIDEO
    WHITE WARDS
    http://www.facebook.com/events/150774778393213/

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hey so explain to me exactly what the problem is with Rattus and Prank...because we're playing with them on Aug. 31st in Pomona and someone from Prank left a negative comment which I found very perplexing, my fellow punks in Bumbklaatt related a little info on maybe why you guys were upset with them but I still didn't really understand...

3. prankrec

Dec 26, 2010

There's no problem Now -They're doing their tour and I'm doing my Fest. They were originally Scheduled to play the fest since march or april and then the guy booking their tour decided a couple weeks ago to have them play Distort Vancouver in Canada instead. In booking something like this, that's pretty much last minute notice and kind of wrenches the whole thing. Because of their Cancellation and another bands, I basically had to cut the festival down from three days to two. I think a lot of this is caused by having someone really unexperienced handle their affairs. It's pretty ballsy to cancel on the fest of the guy putting out the band's record.

I has already announced the band was playing, so then had to explain why they WERE NOT playing. This caused the people in Canada to want to have nothing to do with the tour, because they'd be super pissed if a band did that to them. By the time that happened, I'd already moved citizens arrest over to Saturday and couldn't put Rattus back on the bill- I can't pay three headliners, especially since working with Rattus was expensive- also involving a record, tour promotion and lots of other work and expenses.

Prank has been pretty much crippled by records for tours, where the band makes money and prank gets to pay the bills, so at this point if a band is going to seek better opportunites/ be opportunistic like that, I'm going to do the same thing = my reasoning in dumping all involvement for the record and tour. I might have felt differently years ago, but I've lived hand to mouth for years because of paying for people to go on tour. In the band's defense I don't think they had a full grasp of that, it's really the booking agents responsibility to see this bigger picture.

There's no ill will on my part, and I wish them the best of success with their record and tour, and hope people come out and show them support! Big Kudos to Ecophagy for doing such a great job with Promotion!!!

Your Fellow punk since 1983, Ken / prank Records.

4. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Well I'm sorry that all that happened to Prank and believe me, we in Diatribe had no idea what was going on..this is actually a make up show for the California Discord Fest brouhaha last year...hope the fest goes great as I'm sure it will with such a badass lineup, really sorry I'm going to miss Citizens Arrest.. much love to all our friends playing...cheers

5. prankrec

Dec 26, 2010

Oh man, We totally enjoyed getting to see Diatribe at California DIschord Fest! All the bands that played were cool, but that was one of the highlights of the shortened show! It's Cool and I really hope people come out to see you and Rattus and rage!!!!

6. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hey much appreciated...Salud! :beer:

7. prankrec

Dec 26, 2010

Show FLyers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]