Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

7 Seconds - Walk Together, Rock Together - 1985 (U$A)

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by disdainpunk, Jun 8, 2012.

1. disdainpunk

disdainpunk Member Uploader Forum Member

Jun 4, 2012

DOWNLOAD LINK

Login or register to view download link (it's free!)
      External download. Please report any broken link by posting a reply to this thread.

[​IMG]

Track List:

01. In Your Face
    02. Spread
    03. 99 Red Balloons
    04. Remains To Be Seen
    05. Walk Together, Rock Together
    06. How Do You Think You'd Feel?
    07. We're Gonna Fight
    08. Regress No Way
    09. Still Believe
    10. Out Of Touch
    11. Drug Control
    12. Bottomless Pit
    13. This Is The Angry (Pt 2)
    14. New Wind / We're Gonna Fight

RECORD INFORMATION

Walk Together, Rock Together
    Release Date : 1985

Big centre ring on the record's yellow labels. Released with lyrics and photo insert.
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

7 Seconds Biography

WEBSITE
    Punk band originally from Reno, Nevada, formed in 1980 by vocalist (and some time guitarist) [a=Kevin Seconds] and his brother, bassist [a=Steve Youth] with original drummer [a1498414] who later was replaced by [a1347614].
    Drummer [a=Troy Mowat] joined in 1983 and these three have made up the core of the band ever since.

The band started out playing hardcore punk but have changed their sound throughout the years, touching on emo-core, alternative rock, and pop-punk.

On March 20, 2018, 7 Seconds announced their breakup via their official Facebook page.

Band members: Steve Youth, Kevin Seconds, Troy Mowat, Bobby Adams
    Band ex-members: , Jon Spizz Hughes, Dan Pozniak, Joseph Bansuelo, Belvy K, Bix Bigler, Chris Carnahan, Tom Munist, Dim Menace
    ---

7 Seconds is an American hardcore punk band from Reno, Nevada. Formed on January 17, 1980 by two sets of brothers Kevin Seconds and Steve Youth in combination with the Borghino brothers Tom Munist and Dim Menace. These original member all shared vocals but Tom Munist. The Band has gone through various members but Kevin Seconds and Steve Youth have stayed on as the core. Notably in 1981 the Brothers Tom and Dim left to form Section 8. The current line up of 7 Seconds consists of Kevin Seconds - Lead Vocals, Steve Youth - Bass and Vocals, Troy Mowat - Drums and Vocals, Bobby Adams - Guitar and Vocals.

7 Seconds is one of the longest standing bands in Punk Music they have been touring and recording for three decades.

Because of the positive message in their music they are constantly being categorized as a Straight Edge Band. The band has continually rejected this label.

The band started by releasing some poorly-recorded, but highly energetic, EPs, most of which were later re-released as "alt.music.hardcore" and "Old School" compilation CDs. They also appeared on the 1985 hardcore compilation "Cleanse the Bacteria", in addition to numerous other compilations, such as "Not So Quiet On the Western Front," "Something to Believe In," and "Another Shot from Bracken."

7 Seconds has floated across several genres of rock. Their first full-length LP "The Crew" was recorded in 1983 and released by BYO Records, as was its successor - the classic hardcore EP "Walk Together Rock Together". With the "New Wind" LP, the band dramatically expanded its sound and style with audible elements of a sometimes quieter, more melodic and accessible sound. Many writers have credited this particular period of 7 Seconds' career as being highly influential on many pop punk, emocore and indie rock bands that came along much later. Subsequent LPs moved deeper into mainstream territory with proto-emo and U2-like sounds. The "7 Seconds" LP continued their musical experimentation. However, the band returned to an old-school hardcore sound in 1999 with the "Good to Go" album.

They are currently touring and plan to re-record their first three tapes Drastic Measures, Socially Fucked Up, Three Chord Politics, onto CD.

In the February, 2005 issue of AMP magazine, in an article titled, "7 Seconds: 25 Years of Our Core," Kevin Seconds explained how the band's name originated:

“We were big fans of The Dils, they had this EP, 198 Seconds of The Dils and I was so in love with punk rock that I would just write album titles on my clothes. This was still when Steve and I lived with my mom. We had this desk in this room we shared and I wrote ‘197 seconds of The Dils’, I miswrote the title. Over time, everything else faded, but the 7 Seconds part was there, and I circled it, I thought it looked cool.”

In 1982 7 Seconds is believed to be the first band to refer to themselves as Hardcore. For their first show on March 2 in Newsletter NWIN/SPUNK #1 they described their band as hardcore new wave [1]

Dim Menace's fist-brandishing scowl on the cover of the Skins, Brains, & Guts EP is one of the most iconic images in punk rock.[2]

Sacramento News & Review [3] speaks at length of their influence in the positive hardcore movement and their positive effect on the Punk Culture.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Better Youth Organization

American punk rock label from Los Angeles, California, founded in 1982 by a251807's a597341 and a597336. The label looks to be defunct as of Oct 2013.