Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by Harrison, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

RECORD INFORMATION

FIGHT LIKE HELL • Recordings From 2004 - 2007
    Release Date : 2020

First press of 500. Available for pre-order from October 9th 2019, this collection of Johnny Hobo songs was compiled and released with blessings from Pat as a benefit for DIY Bandits founder, Pepe, who was sentenced to nearly 5 years on Federal marijuana conspiracy charges, beginning October 14th 2019. 31 track in total with the last 10 demo or alternative recordings being digital only. All trac
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Label - Diy Bandits

We are not an organization or a group. DIY Bandits only exist when we decide to gather. And the we mentioned can be anyone at all. Sometimes we gather around fires to share stories, sometimes we gather to make our way across the country stealing back pieces of our lives, sometimes we gather to put out our friends music or writings, sometimes we gather to plan & scheme ways to destroy the U.S. empire and other times we gather to simply give each other hugs & kisses. At any moment there can be various Bandits gathering, interacting with each other on each others projects.

If there is a project that interests you or one that hasn’t been done yet, but needs doing, please get in touch and perhaps we can gather for it. Understand that when we gather as DIY Bandits, there is no obligation of any kind. You can walk away at any moment - DIY Bandits is something that you can pick up when you want and throw it away the instant you don’t trust it or doubt its worth.

DIY Bandits do not belong to the anarchist scene, punk scene, underground scene, or mainstream scene. Bandits are not interested in being seen as a scene but rather in dismantling all scenes. We exist in real life, we are real people, real friends fighting real battles, loving real lovers. We are fed up school bus drivers, free & wild wanderers of the ultra modern age, anarchist parents, transcended satanists, poor workers and little kids. This is not a lie, all the above mentioned folks have gathered up to help pull off Bandit projects and we are all waiting for you to join us when needed and destroy us when needed.
    Read More...
  2. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

i ahte johnny hobo , i heard he wasnt really a train hopper and atarted wingnut dishwashers union because he stopped drinking and that was part of his change

3. badman

badman Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 24, 2010

^ doubt any of thats true, he came out of rehab recently for drug problems, and besides any of that he writes killer tunes so jam your hype! ;)

4. CheeseMan

CheeseMan Member Forum Member

Feb 2, 2010
     United States
    Thanks for this, Cheers.

5. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

He started wingnut dishwasher's union because he wanted to be a more positive deadbeat instead of one that just drank was waiting to die. And that's what he actually said, or at least what he told me. I hardly consider that anything to be despised.

6. oliresistencia

oliresistencia New Member New Member

Jan 23, 2010

sounds like it could be good, tried to download it, but my computer can't recognise it any ideas?? or cleaver tricks? i'm not very up on technology!

7. scum

scum Member New Member

Dec 20, 2009
     Finland
    it' a torrent file,so u need a program for it.install utorrent and the you can download it :rock:
    http://www.utorrent.com/

8. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

can i have a track list?

9. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

This group are trendy as fuck where I live...same with Leftover Crack. Makes me annoyed by them (especially since some kids call them both "Crust Punk"...yeah, liten to Nausea and Doom and then talk to me buddy)

10. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

I'll admit it, I dig Johnny Hobo (and a bit of other folk/punk)...AND I rock a Doom logo (in one form or another) on like half the shit I own. :p

11. jjk3546

jjk3546 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 29, 2010

This guy came through this town a couple of times while I was living elsewhere. Every younger kid WORSHIPPED this guy by the time I came back. His stuff is alright. At least he ignited a small folk punk / DIY scene here that lasted about a half a year till the kids moved on to the next thing. That thing was jam bands..

12. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I dig it, but it's like, I get it dude, you do drugs. Pat has a ton of catchy songs though, that go hand in hand with when I'm drinking and feeling down on myself.

My favorite from that web of bands
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8YHVQGfFLs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

or this one.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIguqRH6VpM[/video]

13. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

Yeah the issue is that the kids are calling this music that really has nothing to do with Crust "Crust Punk"...I've got no issue with people enjoying those bands, I just get annoyed when people "abuse" the Crust Punk genre tag what with it being my favorite genre/scene and all...happens a lot more with Leftover Crack kinda shit then with Johnny Hobo stuff though. I dunno I guess kids here think Crust = nothing but doing a fuck ton of drugs :@

14. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Yeah anyone who calls it "crust' is, best case scenario: ill informed or worst case scenario: a complete fucking idiot.

15. iHateThings

iHateThings New Member New Member

Sep 3, 2012

Thanks a fucking ton, mate. I just recently found Johnny Hobo among other great folk punk bands such as Mischief Brew and countless of others, and its all i have been listening to lately. Everytime i listen to Johnny Hobo, i feel like getting wasted and breaking shit while singing along these fucking great songs. Thanks again!

16. rabidpossum

rabidpossum Active Member Forum Member

Jun 9, 2012

he definetly made up the name johnny hobo.... as a joke and didnt hop trains. but i know him and have toured with him and he's been through a lot of shit and done a ton of amazing things, not to mention growing a lot as a songwriter since then. i love drinkin to these oldies too, but his newest stuff with ramshackle glory is ten times better, and actually stands for something. people have hated on him for all the wrong reasons.

just because a bunch of crusties like this stuff, doesn't make it crust either, especially since "crusties" refers more to the gutter punk lifestyle rather than the type of music.
    plop. i'm done.

17. IamMe

IamMe Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2012
     United Kingdom
    pat needs to come to the uk. who gives a shit what genre he fits into and what type of fucked up kids listen to him as long hes making music and opening people minds thats all that matters. i need to excpirience ramshackle live or a band like them can any one name me some UK artists i may enjoy
    \m/

18. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    The site seems to be taken down. Here's a Johnny Hobo torrent that's still up and running. Not sure if this is the same set of songs as the original link, but it covers a good chunk of his work.
    Anarchy and catchy tunes for all \m/

https://archive.org/details/SongsByJohn ... ightTrains

19. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    You're fucking awesome \m/

20. Atlas

Atlas Member New Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Male
    I live in a van  United States
    Most of his songs are written by his friend who died but he still wrote a lot of it im pretty sure he was still a traveler at some point

5 members have read this thread this month

1. Punkrock_Aljo
  2. Jellofucto
  3. celadrel
  4. sealbxnes
  5. BarkingDog87