Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hi! I'm Rola Voadora

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Replicante, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Replicante

Replicante Member New Member

Mar 15, 2015

Hello!
    First of all, I'm not an anarchist, and I'm not a punk. What am I doing here?
    Well, I love punk rock - my favorite bands are Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols and Replicantes (a band from Brazil) - and I found this site while trying to download an album by the DK.
    I saw many politic topics and different ideas being discussed and I like this kind of conversation, then I registered and here I am.

About me: I'm 18 and I'm in the Art and Design College in a city here in Brazil. 1st time I heard about anarchy was 3 years ago in a philosophy class. I liked the idea and the music I was knowing that days helped me to have more interest about it (mainly pnk rock). I really liked this when i read V for Vendetta (awesome comics, but the movie made me sick) and V explained how he "met" anarchy. I read some articles in the internet about this and, like the character, I fell in love with this ideology.
    Now I have the PDF of my first anarchy book and I'll read it when it's possible.

Maybe you could ask: If you "fell in love" with anarchy, why do you say you're not an anarchist?
    Answer: I don't like calling myself an anarchist because my ideas don't match totally with most anarchists i've met (like 99%). The main thing I disagree with them is about metaphysical questions. Most of them are atheists and can't accept the existence of a creator (be it god or anything else). I don't see why not believe in this, I just don't try to make people believe in it too (they're free to believe or not in whatever they want).

As I said, I'm from Brazil. I'm just learning the english language and I think the debates in this forum could be a good chance to pratice it.
    I hope I have good experiences here and learn some thing too!

2. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    welcome Rola Voadora to Anarcho Punk

i hope you post many news items about what is happening in brazil...

\m/ welcome :beer:

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Welcome to APN

4. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Hi :)

I know many anarchists are strongly against any religion, and I really don't know why. I don't believe in anything, but if somebody does..what's the poblem? I know that many of them hate these organizations behing religions, like church...don't know how to say it properly in English, I hope you understand :). But yea, there are many assholes who hate anyone who believes in anything, which doesn't make sense.
    One of my friends believes in God or something (christian who believes in reincarnation? wtf), but he still says he's an anarchist :).

You are learning English? It look like you can teach it :)

5. Replicante

Replicante Member New Member

Mar 15, 2015

Thank you guys!

And Havran, I understand what you say...
    :)

6. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Welcome! Welcome! Oh, and Havran, I've been trying to respond to your latest message but my new operating system is quite fussy when it comes to these things. I'll be sending a reply your way as soon as my computer will allow :)