Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Yo.

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Draintheblood, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Draintheblood

Draintheblood Member New Member

Mar 5, 2015

What's up, people?
    I'm Jim. 24 years old. Originally from San Francisco, CA. Parents moved me out to Austin, TX when I was 16. Left behind a badass punk scene and alot of good friends and came to a kinda cool town in the middle of a cesspool of ignorance.

I've been into punk rock since I was 12. I listened to mostly "street punk" back then, but these days I'm more into crust or what I hear people call "neo-crust"... Tragedy, Fall of Efrafa, Dystopia, M:40... and I'll always have a place in my heart for Rancid and Leftover Crack. I also dig alot of sludge and doom metal.

I've been interested in anarchism but I pretty much only know the basic ideas of it and haven't done much reading. I'm mostly here to learn more about anarchism as an ideology and get involved with it.
    I know more about economics and it's effects on culture and society and have been opposed to capitalism for much longer than I've been interested in anarchism (mostly because I think an alternative economic system is a much more feasible goal than the abolition of government).

Personal shit: I just got out of prison. I'm a recovering heroin addict and was locked up on related charges. I'm close to finishing an Associates of Arts Degree in Radio/Film/Television. I cook pizzas for a local pizza joint. I really enjoy reading for leisure, I'm a big fan of Stephen King and Kurt Vonnegut. Also an aspiring writer.

Anyways, that's enough for now. Cool to be here.

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Welcome to APN..also a refocused dope fiend, 9 years this month...

3. Draintheblood

Draintheblood Member New Member

Mar 5, 2015

damn, congrats dude.

4. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Congrats on your recovery and college education. Welcome!