Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

New guy from ATX

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by blackenedbrad, Nov 14, 2014.

1. blackenedbrad

blackenedbrad Member Forum Member

Jun 20, 2012

Hey everybody, I'm Brad, I'm 29, and I live in Austin Texas. I moved to Austin in 2009, though my Dad has been here for over half my life.
    I spent most of my growing up years in a small, super conservative town called Gatesville, the kind of town that has more churches than
    anything else. I was a very Religious person for a long time, even went to a two-year Bible School after High School, but came out of it as
    an Atheist. I've always been one to question authority, and a good part of that comes from being one of a relatively small number of punk
    rockers back in Gatesville. We all considered ourselves anti-authoritarian, though there was an even smaller number (I include myself in this
    category) that considered ourselves Anarchists. I've expanded my tastes outside of punk, and play in a doom metal band now called Cesare,
    but I've never completely left punk behind. Possibly going to be getting into a punk band with a buddy of mine pretty soon, as well as joining
    another new band that is a bit more grind/hardcore oriented. I plan on getting extremely political with the lyrics in the grind band, since I live in
    Texas and there is a hell of a lot to be politically outraged about. The lyrics in the doom band aren't really political, they're more misanthropic,
    depressing, and hateful. So, after that novel, here I am.

2. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Welcome :) good luck with new bands :)

3. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Welcome :ecouteurs:

Keep us posted on your bands and all that :)

4. blackenedbrad

Jun 20, 2012

Thank you, I certainly will! Things are slow going right now, but the doom band is getting pretty active.

5. Draintheblood

Draintheblood Member New Member

Mar 5, 2015

Hey, man. I'm from Austin too. Is your doom band playing any shows in town? I fucking love doom.

6. blackenedbrad

Jun 20, 2012

Yes, we're playing tomorrow night at The Lost Well, and we're playing the Worshiper Cabinets unofficial SXSW showcase at The Lost Well March 19th, because fuck "official" SXSW events. We're actually recording a live album at the show on Saturday, we go on first at 9:30. It's doom, post-metal, atmospheric sludge, call it what you want, but it's slow and heavy!

7. Draintheblood

Mar 5, 2015

Hell yeah, that's how I like my metal!
    I forgot to log on here in time to see that you guys played on the 6th but I'm gonna have alot of time during sxsw so I'll try to come check you guys out on the 19th. any idea what time you guys play?
    And yeah, sxsw really just doesn't do it for me anymore (except for the film portion) and ACL is total, complete bullshit. But I fucking love Fun Fun Fun Fest. They get some dope bands to play that one.

8. blackenedbrad

Jun 20, 2012

Yeah, we're playing at 2:00 PM on the 19th. We get 35 minutes, which means we have time for 3 songs, hahahaha!!! We've gotten some comparisons to Yob and Neurosis. I just like to think of it as slow, heavy shit.

9. Draintheblood

Mar 5, 2015

When you said 35 min = 3 songs, that made me happy as fuck. hahaha