Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

hip hop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nclpw, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 14, 2012
    Male
     Slovakia
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Hy1JmmTEE[/video]

2. Hayduke

Dec 14, 2012
    Male
     Slovakia
    point is message, not music genre

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4U_572deuY[/video]
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c45QyracJ4k[/video]
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He40CVUGx3s[/video]

3. NickF

NickF Member Forum Member

Jun 2, 2015

New orleans bounce, like juvenile, choppa, soulja slim, and anything produced by mannie fresh. They're probably the least homophobic artists in all of hip hop. There's a video of mannie fresh talking about gay tolerance in new orleans rap. I'll post the link when I figure out how haha.

4. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    Disposable Heroes of Hip-Hopcracy were good. I liked some of the stuff of of N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton" but a few songs on there are a bit too mysogynistic for my tastes. I have respect for Ice-T if only because of the first Body Count album, and the fact he teamed up with Slayer to do a medley of EXPLOITED songs for the Judgement Night soundtrack (We Don't Need Your War/U.K. 82 (Retitled L.A. 92)/Chaos)

Boogie Down Productions/KRS ONE also have some good things to say in their lyrics.

I used to be a fan of early Public Enemy, especially their second album, It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, and I still think there are still some good songs with some good things to say on there, but I've become a bit disturbed over their defense of Luis Farrakhan. (Probably didn't spell his name right, but anybody who aligns themselves with somebody who blames Jewish people for everything wrong in this world makes me uncomfortable)

5. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    "Fatty Boom Boom/Hit Me w/the Ching Ching"?

What the fuck does that even mean?

Still a funny video, if only to see Lady Gaga get eaten by a lion. (And this is coming from a Lady Gaga fan!)

6. Hayduke

Dec 14, 2012
    Male
     Slovakia
  7. Pandora warwick

Pandora warwick Member New Member

May 7, 2020
    Georgia, United States  United States
    I love hip hop. I prefer 90s hip hop and conscious hip hop, but i am capable of enjoying most of it.

I can say i wish there were more artists like Immortal technique, lupe fiasco, and emmanuel jal. All three rappers are known for covering important social and political issues both in music and in their activism.
    Immortal technique has constantly spoken out against corruption in the US government. Alongside that he has gone to the middle east to both fund and help build schools in areas that needed them.

Lupe fiasco writes about domestic abuse, ptsd, sexism. I cant think of any specific cases of activism but i will do further research.

Finally, emmanuel jal; he was born in (i believe) sudan, forced to slaughter his family and become a child soldier, in the 80's he was liberated by a woman named emma mccule. These days he raps about his experiences as a war child, being against sexism, even his rejection of mainstream hip hop. He is a public speaker, and published author. I met him some years ago at the kennesaw state university peace project. One of the most down to earth people I've ever met.

8. Pandora warwick

May 7, 2020
    I also feel that salt n peppa, queen latifa, and other notable female rappers deserve recognition for their activism and focus on sexual freedom and liberation, along with countless other important topics

9. Pandora warwick

May 7, 2020
    I will also note that the mainstream hip hop community does have major problems with sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. Even some of the more consious artist are guilty of this

5 members have read this thread this month

1. Hayduke
  2. punkmar77
  3. Red Menace
  4. Charger Bullet
  5. Pandora warwick